This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Technical
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2008

Hey, I've been watching the Abridged Series for a while now. And it got me wondering: What kind of video editing software did LittleKuriboh use to make YTAS? I don't necessarily want to know what he used, but if you know about a good software, please tell. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2008

Blurb: "Oh yeah, WillPhanto1, he's a trippy dude." -Andrew Soto
Send a message via MSN to WillPhanto1

I think a topic like this was locked, but anyway, Sony Vegas is pretty good if you have a PC, and Final Cut for Mac.
Old 12-07-2008

Pinnacle's always good, even my grandad can use it.
There's also MAGIX Movie Edit, which has a Pro version as well. It's fairly simple to use and you can do pretty good stuff with it. The amateur version is under £50 anyway, so yeah [ That's around $25 ]
But as WillPhanto1 said, You can't go wrong with Sony Vegas. If you want to go really mad, you could spend a thousand dollars or whatever on Adobe Premier CS4 or Adobe Premier Elements.
Old 12-07-2008

I would think Adobe wouldn't be too bad, sine they make photoshop, and other industry standards. I once saw an Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements box which both programs, but that was like half a year ago. But Vegas is good, I brought 8 platinum which came with DVD architect studio, and upgraded to 9 platinum pro-pack which had sound forge and CineScore. And vegas has support for HD editing if you ever had to edit with HD files.
Old 12-07-2008

Blurb: ZOMGLOLWTFBBQ

Adobe Priemer Elements 4 I got with photoshop for 129 dollars, that's not too bad.
Old 12-08-2008

lol? £50 is equavlient to about $75
Old 12-08-2008

But really, if you want to make an Abridged Series, or anime parody, all you really need is Window movie maker. It's limited, but you can get some good experience. Although, WMM only has two audio tracks, the audio from the video, which you can only change the volume of and copy it. And the music/sound effects track. So you can't really have voices or sound effects, at the same time you have music. And there's only one video track. So if you want to make a good sounding parody, you'll need something with multiple audio tracks, same goes for the video.
Old 12-09-2008

Adobe premier all the way. I do media at college, and so far its been the best at taking large quantities of film and also is simple to use.
Old 12-15-2008

But you can just use a separate audio editor if you want several audio tracks being overlaid, then just port in the "pre-edited-now-just-one" audio track(I recommend Audacity it's free and I know a few abridgers who use it), so it's not really a issue.
Old 12-15-2008
Administrator

I do love my Adobe Premiere CS3 package...
Old 12-16-2008

Good point, I used Audacity too, wonderful program. Although since getting sound forge with vegas 9, I've been mostly using sound forge. But I do find Audacity to be easier to use, especially when recording several lines at once.
Old 12-18-2008

Windows Movie Maker
Old 12-31-2008

alright thanks for all the ideas guys
i'll be sure to check those out!
Old 01-04-2009

Oh yeah, I got those the wrong way round... We get more money when converting to dollars, not less...

You can get some Sony stuff when you buy their cameras as well.
Old 01-20-2009

I've always used Adobe Premier Pro, but now I've got a new computer and it refuses to let me use that program anymore :( I think it's Vistas fault...

Anyone know a similar program to Premier that WILL work on vista?
Old 01-22-2009
Possible Homersexual

Blurb: The MistakenLoner
Send a message via AIM to ThePRPD Send a message via MSN to ThePRPD

Well I use Sony Vegas pro Video 8 for my own series and audacity for audio editing.
Old 01-25-2009

You could always use Ulead video 8 or whatever it's called. That's actuall pretty good, it's just not as well known.
Old 03-17-2009

I use the Roxio Video Wave. It's pretty good. I use Audacity for voice overs becuase its better than the voice recorder Video Wave has. I also got that Nero Media thing, but that wouldn't load onto my computer.
Old 03-18-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to XxEnslavedNekoxX

personally I wouldn't go with Windows Movie Maker. It worked for me a few times before it shut down completely. Everytime I tried to make an AMV it would freeze. Even on this new comp when all I do is put a picture in with the soundtrack, it still freezes.
Old 03-19-2009

I have Premiere Pro, but I rarely use it due to the fact that for small editing things it's not that good to use, and it has a dirty great learning curve (you need to sit down with it for a while, which I never have time to do). I used to use Windows MM when needed, but Windows 7 doesn't have it any more and Windows Live MM is absolutely awful. Neko, I don't know what you've been doing but I've never had WMM crash on me, ever.
Old 03-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball61 View Post
I have Premiere Pro, but I rarely use it due to the fact that for small editing things it's not that good to use, and it has a dirty great learning curve (you need to sit down with it for a while, which I never have time to do). I used to use Windows MM when needed, but Windows 7 doesn't have it any more and Windows Live MM is absolutely awful. Neko, I don't know what you've been doing but I've never had WMM crash on me, ever.
Lucky. I have no idea what happened personally. But it was always strange. It worked a few times, then would freeze right after opening it, but if I left it alone for months, it would work again. @_@0 I don't know what was up with it.

I have a question, how much do these programs cost?
Old 03-22-2009

I use Sony Vegas Pro 8 for all of my abridging episodes. And I got it legally. ^^ Because I'm awesome.

Although I started off using Movie Maker and graduated to Ulead Video Studio 11.

If you've got nerves and balls of steel, you can edit in Movie Maker. Otherwise, I'd reccomend against it. I barely survived...
Old 03-22-2009

Thanks for letting me know. I'm looking for a good program that's not expensive. This will be great. Thank you Reborn. ^^
Old 06-15-2009

Send a message via MSN to limeyman012

I need help im trying to abrige but i suck at it has anyone got any advice for me btw im doing ygotoas yugioh the other abridged series
Old 06-15-2009

Send a message via MSN to limeyman012

can you message me at my youtube account plz i hardly check this site i am migitman13
Old 06-16-2009

I wouldn't try to do another abridged series on Yu-Gi-Oh you should try one that hasn't been done before (Not Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, DragonBall Z). I'm going to do a pokemon one because I haven't seen one thats done well but YGOTAS is already good enough we don't need another :)
Old 11-03-2009

LK uses Ulead VideoStudio 10 (if I can remember correctly).

For my videos, I would use Sony Vegas 9 Pro, which I find to be very good.
Old 11-03-2009
General Staff

Blurb: YGOTAS Merch, Site, Twebook and facitter, and TFS Site Stuff

I hate premiere. Final cut is the best, but I don't have a mac, so i'm usually stuck with something like premiere.

Although I do like that it's easy to integrate it with after effects, which is an AWESOME animation program, for any of you who want to create their own "looks like the rules... just got screwed...yeaaaaaaaaaaah" moments :)
Old 01-06-2010

Location: In the darkest depths of your soul, where I feed on your fears and insecurities.
Blurb: Fear me, for I am one to be feared.

I use Vegas 7 because I'm too lazy to upgrade it :P
Well, that and my computer has less than a gig of RAM... 7 is pretty tough on it as-is.
Old 01-06-2010

Blurb: ALL FEAR THE CHAMPION OF CUTE~~!

I use sony vegas as well but I have Pro 9