This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Technical
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2010

Blurb: Fly Me To The Moon
Send a message via Yahoo to Yuuki Kuran
Default HP computer/Ipod problems.

Soo......My parents bought me a new HP slimline computer around the beginning of January and for a while it was running okay until it started shutting off on me. We called the company and was able to have it fixed for a few days. Now.....the problem is that when I try to delete any documents, pictures,or favorites I keep getting this error message that says "C:\ is not accessible, Access denied". I don't know what to do! My computer is running just fine, but I would like to save something knowing that I can delete it in the future.

Another problem that I'm having is about my ipod touch. My parents bought me this as a christmas present along with the Itunes giftcard. I was able to purchase all of the songs I wanted with no problems. Now, a couple of months later....I bought more music from a really cool soundtrack using my own credit card and even though its in my itunes library, it won't transfer into my ipod. I keep getting this message: "Attempting to copy to the disk "Jennifer's ipod" failed. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation"....WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? :'( Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really don't know what to do with any of this.
Old 05-01-2010

This (more than likely) comes down to admin rights on your system.

Do you know if you are using the administrative account? If not, have you given yourself (ie your ID ) access to the drives in question?

If I just confused you, let me know.
Old 05-01-2010

Oh, and let me know if you are using Windows 7 or not. You have a new laptop, so I'm assuming Windows 7.
Old 05-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallistra View Post
This (more than likely) comes down to admin rights on your system.

Do you know if you are using the administrative account? If not, have you given yourself (ie your ID ) access to the drives in question?

If I just confused you, let me know.
I just asked my mom and she said that she registered the computer in my name, so yeah most likely I'm using the adminstrator account. How do I check to see if I am though? and yes I am using windows 7.
Old 05-02-2010

Start-> Control Panel-> User Accounts

Underneath your user name, what does it say?

EDIT: I forgot that the control panel defaults to categorical view. If you can't find "User Accounts" go to:
Control Panel-> User Accounts and Family Safety-> User Accounts

Last edited by Shyn; 05-02-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-02-2010

Oo thank you. Yeah it says my name and underneath it says Administrator.
Old 05-02-2010

I'd guess, then, that the people who 'fixed' your computer fiddled with either the UAC settings or permissions. Permissions seems less likely, and is also a lot more complicated to try to explain, so I'll try UAC.

In that same user accounts screen, what does it say when you click "Change User Account Control Settings" ?
Old 05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyn View Post
I'd guess, then, that the people who 'fixed' your computer fiddled with either the UAC settings or permissions. Permissions seems less likely, and is also a lot more complicated to try to explain, so I'll try UAC.

In that same user accounts screen, what does it say when you click "Change User Account Control Settings" ?
Well, it says Do you want the publisher to make changes to this computer? The publisher is unknown.

EDIT: I'm afraid of clicking on it because I don't want my computer to mess up again. When HP called my father earlier; they said that they had to replace my memory. They might have said something else to him, but that's all he told me after they contacted him.

Last edited by Yuuki Kuran; 05-02-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2010

That must mean it's set to 'always notify' But the publisher should say Microsoft, not unknown. Strange... In any case, it's not default, so someone changed it... (You should be able to do the things you can't no matter what it's set to, but I remember reading about some people having issues when they turned UAC off w/ Vista. I'm not even sure if the problem still exists.)

Haha, I should have stopped at "here's how to see if you're an administrator," and left it to kallistra or someone else. It's pretty difficult to help w/ computer problems by proxy like this, and I usually avoid it, heh... tbh, I'd recommend finding someone to help you that can actually sit down in front of your computer.

Sorry I wasn't more help, and GL! ^^