This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Conventions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2009

Talking PANiC's Wai-Con 2009

Recently on the 31 of January and the 1st of February, the city of Perth (Australia) had an anime convention filled with anime, manga, games, figurines, posters, merchandise and of course cosplayers.

I was cosplaying as Akito from Air Gear on the second day since my first day Ouran High Host Club was so crap i'll only give it this much recognition.

I participated in the PANiC button when i was noticed doing the Caramelldansen dance to get Mikey's attention. I also started the idea of doing the caramelldance at the 2nd cosplay comp (i think i know i yelled it out and others did the same thing). Drew in the pico-chat on the ds and yelled whatever random crap came to my head at the cosplay comps.

I also tripped over several times when people stood on my non-hooked hooks. I brought $150 on merchandise and picked the skinny asian guy, that looked like he was cosplaying but wasn't, and swirled him around in a circle. I also accompanied my friend who was also cosplaying as Yukari from Paradise Kiss acting as her host for the day. lol

Whilst cosplaying i was on the trains filled with people staring at the chick with a fake eye patch on and in an orange straight jacket.

If there was anyone else there at this years Wai-con, tell me what you guys did and if you were cosplaying who were you.
Old 03-12-2009

I was Maya Fey from Phoenix Wright =D
Needless to say, I bought a lot of crap that day, and punched out some dude who was staring way too much for me to ignore.

But for SupaNova (Perth- 3-5 July 2009, Claremont showgrounds) I'm gonna be cosplaying as Ishizu Ishtar (Shut up) purely because there aren't that many black anime characters XP
Are you going?
Old 03-13-2009

yes i'll be going. I'll be cosplaying Rei from beyblade and hopefully getting my friend as Kai, but i'm not sure he'll go along with it