This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007

I like some metal but not really huge ones. I hate Death Metal and only like some Heavy Metal but I love Alternative Metal. Trapt, Three Days Grace, Trust Company, Papa Roach, Lacuna Coil, Thousand Foot Krutch, Flyleaf, Atreyu, Slipknot, Bullet For My Valentine, Mudvayne, Lostprophets, Linkin Park. Those are some of my favorite kind of metal I'm more into a mix of screaming and singing. Screaming by it's self I can't stand.
Old 07-19-2007

I'm not sure if some of those are really considered Alternative Metal, I guess in a sense. Three Days Grace and Papa Roach are a guilty pleasure of mine...
Old 07-19-2007

I like metal/metalcore. I Love A7x, All that remains, Shadows fall, and Megadeth. Favorite song is Chapter Four By Avenged Sevenfold.
Old 07-19-2007

WOOOOOO Metal
just been listening to Megadeth for last hour
personally I'm more of a Nu-metal person
can't get enough of Slipknot, System of a Down, and Korn but I've been getting more into bands like Metallica, Megadeth and others
Old 07-19-2007

"....All that remains, Shadows fall..."

You are now one my new best friend. Those 2 bands kicked so much ass in Ozzfest a few years ago it was unreal.
Old 07-19-2007

Metal rocks!
Old 07-19-2007

Megadeth, Iron Maiden, and Slayer kick ass.
Old 07-20-2007

Avenged Sevenfold is great, eventhough their last album has more clean vocals, it still rocks the -blam!- out of me.
My favourite song is Betrayed and/or Desecrate Through Reverance m/
Old 07-20-2007

im a fan of many types of metal but my main favurite type would ahve to be thrash metal. band specific metallica, black sabbath, led zeppelin, machine head, judas priest, iron maiden, children of bodom, slayer, sepultura, anthraz, lamb of god, buckethead.

the list goes on and on.
Old 07-20-2007

I'm not quite a metal fan but i had a go on DragonForce and Motorhead....Lemmy Kilmister is a Damage case!!!. I've had a lil bit of Metallica too. I'm more towards classic, hard or bluesy rock like Van Halen, Queen and Cream. I like Led Zepplin but i'm not sure to consider them as a Metal band or not...given dat nearly 30% of em are acoustic/classical based.
Old 07-22-2007

Sorry been on vacation any way, Led Zeppelin really is Hard rock, Heavy metal, Blues-rock, Folk-rock , and maybe some other stuff i can't think of.
Old 07-23-2007

Some metal bands I've been listening to lately:
Dark Tranquility
Dream Theater
Opeth
Into Eternity
Scar Symmetry
SikTh

From that list, I would like to ask ALL OF YOU who like metal, to please go check out Opeth's "Blackwater Park", SikTh's "Death of a Dead Day". I absolutely love both of these albums, and I hope you guys do too. If you prefer folksy stuff, you should probably go with Opeth, as they're music is influenced by folk music quite a bit. SikTh are crazy and bizarre, and are very fun, but also very beautiful in a strange way.

And now for a message that I hope will change a few peoples' lives, but probably won't:
IF YOU DON'T LIKE GROWLS/SCREAMS/SHRIEKS/GRUNTS, KEEP LISTENING TO THEM.
But make sure you're listening to good ones. Most people here random nu-metal bands and their crappy screams and go "omgs death metal" and don't try to listen to any more metal with harsh vocals. I was like that. Then I heard this amazing death metal song, and was kind of blown away and repulsed at the same time. I had some kind of mental block against harsh vocals, I couldn't get over them, and I just thought they sounded retarded. I listened to a few more bands that people I trusted recommended, but I never could quite get over them. Then, one fateful night, I listened to Opeth's album: "Blackwater Park" and something in my head broke. Next thing I knew, I was swept away by the beautiful music. Dunno what happened, but ever since then harsh vocals haven't bugged me, and in a few cases singers have switched from clean singing to growling, and I didn't even notice until listening again. Harsh vocals really are music, people, they really fit some songs better. If you are reading this and don't agree, but have a little thing in your head going "well maybe...", then listen to it, seriously. I did, and now I'm listening to more music I love, which is always a good thing.
Old 07-23-2007

I'm downloading the 2 albums to see what I like (Yeah! for pirating!) It should be done by tonight, what songs should I listen to though?
Old 07-23-2007

I always listen to albums in order, all the way through, but I guess my favorite on Blackwater Park is "Bleak" and my favorite on Death of a Dead Day is "Part of the Friction".
Old 07-23-2007

I think maybe I know one band that's partly death metal I sort of like called the Caliban, they sort of remind me of another band I like called Atreyu.
Old 07-23-2007

I like Caliban aswell, a good g/f of mine told me about them, I liked them eversince.....
I only listen to the latest album: The Awakening, but I reckon I'll download some more songs before I head off for vacation (08-11-07)

RE (Venture): Indeed, Yay! for pirating =)
Old 07-23-2007

Metal is great, but all the genres of metal are just nit-picking. Metal, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Speed Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal, Metalcore, Nu Metal...Jesus Christ.

And if a Metal band sucks, then they just say it's not "true metal". Metalheads are annoying sometimes.

Anyway, Metal is good shit, but I still think Rock wins because of it's broad scope. It includes a lot of range and lets artists create songs about anything and everything.
Old 07-23-2007

Well Eternalfire, heavy metal isn't really a genre or a category, it's just something people who don't listen to metal use to differentiate between rock and metal for some random reason.

Also, metal has an equally broad scope as rock, you're not listening to enough of it apparently. :(
Old 07-25-2007

I couldn't live without metal... Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Dragonforce, Megadeth, Metallica, Dream Theater, Judas Priest, Korn... It's all good, except I can't stand death metal.
Old 07-26-2007

Blurb: And Buffy stacked Edward. The end.

I've always been a fan of Within Temptation... do they even count as metal...?
Old 07-26-2007

Megadeth, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, The Fall Of Troy, Rage Against The Machine, Iron Maiden, All That Remains, Dragonforce
Old 07-26-2007

i just downloaded an album by avenged sevenfold, and i must say, they rock!
Old 07-28-2007

Depends which album, City of Evil was good there other albums kinda...yeah well not hard or sucked in general.
Old 07-29-2007

Blurb: This post IS the blurb.
Send a message via MSN to Akherousin

Yes, 'tis Symphonic Gothic Metal.
Old 07-29-2007

Metal doesn't rock though. It...I dunno what metal does. Something.
Old 07-29-2007

Metal..........destroys.
Old 07-30-2007

Metal mostly lets my head tilt up and down xD...don't know about you though :p

Reply to Venture about A7X: To me, City of Evil felt calmer and with cleaner vocals...I like the latest two albums the best, and I wonder why City of Evil was so different from Waking the Fallen. :S
Old 07-30-2007

Blurb: This post IS the blurb.
Send a message via MSN to Akherousin

So, apparentally you guys like metal?

Why didn't my Suspyre thread get any replies? Jebus. =[
Old 07-31-2007

"City of Evil felt calmer and with cleaner vocals" Ill go with cleaner and alot more smooth thats why it's the only album I only like of them.

Suspyre is ok, personally if i wanted to listen to stuff like that i would personally go listen to Symphony X. Idk just my opinion.
Old 08-01-2007

YEESSSSS.

Sonata Arctica. Kamelot. Nightwish. My three favourite bands EVER.

I LOVE YOU.
Scandinavian powaaaah metal forthewin.

Celtic influences are the best.
(ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH AN EXTREMELY UNUSUAL DUEL MONSTER FETSIH >3>;;;;)