This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Anime/Manga
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is better?
The Manga 29 34.94%
The Anime 24 28.92%
Indifferent 30 36.14%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2009

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
Danny, why are you always a fool!!!!!! Your like some underling wannabe, but without brains, power or coolness
.................tesfissowerwe.....

Sorry. I got an aneurysm from the stupid.

*ignore list time, for the sake of my sanity*
Old 03-23-2009
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
wow thats a little harsh dont u think?????????
Apple I am not like that with most poeple as you know, but Danny it the one person on this site who rubes me up the wrong way, he is just rude for sake of being rube and I don't like it at all

Vampire when say B, who you mean?

If don't include Kira (or L,) I love the ex-FIB agent Naomi Misora, she is one person who's detective skills match that of L's and Kira's (well apart from Near and Mello, but they don't court, as they are just a way to revive L in story and are rubbish characters lol)

and love head of Sukura TV

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 03-23-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-23-2009

Location: That box in your closet who watches you at night while you're fapping.

Quote:
Apple I am not like that with most poeple as you know, but Danny it the one person on this site who rubes me up the wrong way, he is just rude for sake of being rube and I don't like it at all

Vampire when say B, who you mean?

If don't include Kira (or L,) I love the ex-FIB agent Naomi Misora, she is one person who's detective skills match that of L's and Kira's (well apart from Near and Mello, but they don't court, as they are just a way to revive L in story and are rubbish characters lol)

and love head of Sukura TV
B. BB. Beyond Birthday. Have you never read LABB, Another Note? It's the Death Note novel, and I am in so much love with it. =D

Mainly because B as described by Mello just cracks me up.[ Also because Naomi kicks L down a set of stairs for sexual harassment at the end. ]

Last edited by VampireLemons; 03-23-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-23-2009
Chumba Wumba

Know, though I really like Naomi, I never read that, as generally dislike money spinners and that is just what that is (sucking off fans loyalty) I will read and buy orginials, but never extras

PS you should join the Deathnote group
Old 03-23-2009

Location: That box in your closet who watches you at night while you're fapping.

xD It's actually been acknowledged as canon by the Death Note creators. They said they enjoyed the story themselves. Not to mention it's a damned awesome book.

I believe they actually mention the book/BB in Volume 13 and even put the events of LABB into the Death Note timeline in Volume 13. I need to get my own copy of DN13 though to confirm it.
Old 04-09-2009

Cobra

I finally got around to watching the Death Note movies; I though that the first one was quite good, I liked how it covered what, in the manga, was quite a short length of time in such detail, despite the strong variations.
The second one was worse, it tried to rush everything, it seemed like they desparately didn't want another movie so they crammed stuff in randomly; it didn't work.
Old 04-10-2009

I liked the second one better myself, more for how they ended it. I find it hard to believe that the original creators of the manga didn't realize that solution.
Old 04-14-2009

I actually have not gotten around to watching the anime of DN. I loved the manga, and actually enjoyed both films. Haven't had a chance to see the L film yet. However, I want to know one thing: I read the novel, and liked it a lot, but what the hell is up with the so-called American names? Backyard Bottomslash, really? I'd take Benjamin Button over that :D
Old 04-14-2009

I think they were purposefully going for names that were "english" yet so obviously unique because of B. It had to do with his clues, I believe. I read it on Wiki, but it's been awhile so I don't remember what it said so well.

As for the movies, I like them dubbed over. they're hilarious because of it. Ryuk's Shadow coming for Light on his wall will always be my favorite scene.
Old 04-14-2009

Blurb: "check out this guy, he's got a metal beard"
Send a message via MSN to maisetofan

ack the dub is horrible in my personal opinion
Old 04-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisetofan View Post
ack the dub is horrible in my personal opinion
It is. That's why I love it so much. The hilarity factor. I have a feeling I'm not going to like the American Death Note remake movies, even if they don't cast Zac as Light. Something about the dub and their mouths not quite matching the voice-overs is just funny.

That and they had the actual voice actors do the dubbing so when they spoke, it really was their English voices. I doubt they'll do that for the remakes, so. It'll make me kinda sad.
Old 04-14-2009
Chumba Wumba

Like I have said, the first movie is watchable, the second is woeful and all DUB's SUCK, as they look ridiculous

PS I have already caste my support for Zacky Boy with Avatar

Edit I cannot believe going to say this, but going to agree with Danni, and change what said a bit, most DUB's suck, but Animie is actually ok, however movie is woeful (though it is a lot easier to do an animie dub well, yet they still fail at times <facepalm>

Last edited by Fat1Fared; 04-14-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2009

I'm planning to go see the third movie this month whenit comes out. XD;;

And then going to buy the dubs off Amazon eventually.
Old 04-14-2009

The anime dub is fine. But the live action dub is a nice try, but just doesn't work.
Old 04-20-2009

There is an alleged American live action adaptation (with Zac Efron attached as Light) in the works, but the failure of Dragonball: Evolution might dealy or kill it.
Old 04-20-2009
Chumba Wumba

imphic, they already own the rights and it is believed the caste is already done as well (The Zac Effon thing is a joke by the users on here <Points to Avatar>)

-though it is not known when going to be released, it is already set up and ready to go, thinking DragonBall=The Fail Sagra will stop them is wishful thinking mate, they will make money no matter how bad it is, and that is all they care about
Old 04-20-2009
BANNEDARCHER!

Location: From the United Kingdom I'm looking for him. I'm going to California~
Blurb: Fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imphic View Post
There is an alleged American live action adaptation (with Zac Efron attached as Light) in the works, but the failure of Dragonball: Evolution might dealy or kill it.
DBE was not a failure from a box office standpoint, especially in Japan.

Just goes to show that even horrible movies can get good turnouts if it's laughably bad.
Old 04-20-2009

ahh, i never really got into either
Old 04-20-2009

Quote:
imphic, they already own the rights and it is believed the caste is already done as well (The Zac Effon thing is a joke by the users on here <Points to Avatar>)

-though it is not known when going to be released, it is already set up and ready to go, thinking DragonBall=The Fail Sagra will stop them is wishful thinking mate, they will make money no matter how bad it is, and that is all they care about
I'm easily tricked. I wonder who is going to be Light then and how much of the story they are going to do.
Old 05-22-2009

Cobra

Apparently it might be Zac Efron, but all of that was discussed in another thread.
Old 06-16-2009

Blurb: Pizza, duuude
Send a message via MSN to berober04

I've only just started watching this. But whoa, I've got something to do all day tomorrow
Old 06-27-2009

Send a message via MSN to roxasabridged

DN = awesome.

I want to watch L: Change the World (I think that's it), but can't find it...
Old 06-27-2009
AssterGray Mod

Blurb: i set my clocks early cos i know i'm always late
Send a message via MSN to AsterGray

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxasabridged View Post
DN = awesome.

I want to watch L: Change the World (I think that's it), but can't find it...
Yeah that's the one...
I dunno if it'll be that good though, considering it's a spin-off of a movie that was medicore at best.
Old 06-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterGray View Post
Yeah that's the one...
I dunno if it'll be that good though, considering it's a spin-off of a movie that was medicore at best.
Disagree entirely.

Death Note live action movies were better than the manga or the anime IMO because L wins in the end. And L: Change the WorLd is one of my favorite movies because L is a great character and other than L being basically immortal throughout the whole thing, supernatural hoo-hah doesn't play a role in it.

Last edited by DannyLilithborne; 07-21-2009 at 04:37 AM. Reason: hooray for OCD
Old 06-30-2009
Definitely Kim Jong Un; The Cryptkeeper

Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331

i liked the manga better because the dub skipped alotta stuff frm mello's hideout, but L's lil freak out was ALOT funnier in the anime (cuz it didnt hav him just fallin outta tht chair w/ no action), tho i HATED the ending of the anime, i mean c'mon light runnin like a coward? tht was outta character whereas the manga ending was just like light....and mikami's death changed 2 suicide on the spot was just shitty, i liked the whole 'dyin in jail' thing cuz it brought up the question of whether near used the dn on him

....i think ive pretty much made me point....o, and i was always wonderin if theyd ever find naomi, nope...(unless its mentioned in somethin i havent read...)
Old 07-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by animex75 View Post
i HATED the ending of the anime, i mean c'mon light runnin like a coward?
Light is a coward.

If you disagree, you are wrong.
Old 07-21-2009
Definitely Kim Jong Un; The Cryptkeeper

Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331

i know hes a coward, but tht was a bit more out-of-character than begging ryuk 2 kill (then again, not asking specifically to kill them wasnt like him either)
Old 07-21-2009
Chumba Wumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLilithborne View Post
Light is a coward.

If you disagree, you are wrong.
This part removed due to complaint.

I DISAGREE, just because he doesn't throw himself into danger needlessly, doesn't make him a coward, it makes him smart

whether you agree with his plans or not, it took guts to do (otherwise under your logic, L is coward as well)

Last edited by darkarcher; 07-21-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-21-2009

Quote:
Oh Great Danni, though I know your opinion is always fact,

I DISAGREE, just because he doesn't throw himself into danger needlessly, doesn't make him a coward, it makes him smart

whether you agree with his plans or not, it took guts to do (otherwise under your logic, L is coward as well)
I took you off ignore for this one post, so I am going to ignore your sarcasm and believe you are really respecting my opinion.

You are wrong. The fact that Light doesn't throw himself into danger is EXACTLY what makes him a coward. If you're going to say L is a coward for that reason... he FUCKING SHOWED HIS FACE FOR THE FIRST TIME for this case.

This part removed for blatant flames.

Last edited by darkarcher; 07-21-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-21-2009
BANNEDARCHER!

Location: From the United Kingdom I'm looking for him. I'm going to California~
Blurb: Fool!

Quote:
You're still a fucking idiot
Inappropriate.