This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Anime/Manga
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2010

Blurb: Fear my bitch curl!
Default The Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Thread

Well, I know alot of people hate this show, but I love it! I think it would be nice for there to be a thread that doesn't bash the anime, because the show isn't all that bad. So, reply if you like GX subbed or dubbed..

Last edited by Light_Kaiba; 09-19-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2010

Blurb: Honey Badger don't give a shit.

^_^ I saw your reply to my post on the thread that bashes both GX and 5D's. I'm glad you agree with me!

I did used to hate GX, I admit. This was back when I was just getting back into the original series and GX was still airing. But one day, I decided to force myself to sit down and watch it regardless of whether or not it was crap. Season 1 and 2 were fine, and I instantly began to love it when it got to season 3. The original is always gonna be best in my opinion, but what it was missing was main character's past. Yes they developed Atem's past but not enough in my opinion. (And they had an entire season, too!) You don't ever see or hear about his mother. You learn more about Kaiba's past rather than Atem's. And you learn even less about Yugi's, which is sad because he's the true main character. I would've liked to see more of his parents. Jaden on the other hand you do get to learn about his past, even if you don't see his parents. And I loved his relationship with Yubel.

I watched only some of the first season. The plot never really got introduced, just the characters. Only towards the end of season 2 did it actually come in. But regardless it was awesome. It seems to me that Yubel was the best villain on the show and Jesse/Johan was the best supporting character. I love him too, though I think Syrus/Sho was just as great. I hated his deck but fortunately Zane gives him his old one. And Syrus stuck by Jaden's side when he was bummed about him going evil and psycho. That's a true friend. ;)

I like both English and Japanese, though I tend to watch English versions more just because I grew up with them. And I like the dubbed version anyways, despite the 4kids censorship.
Old 08-16-2010

Yay! I've finally found someone who doesn't hate GX! I tend to watch the english version as well because sometimes reading subs gets to be a bit much. I watched pretty much all of season 4 in one day, and had a massive headache after...
BTW, never watchig a whole season subbed in one day again.

Sooo, who is your favorite character in all of GX?
Old 08-16-2010
TOOMAH

Blurb: Every Villain Is Lemons

Hurray or GX!!!

YUBEL IS AWESOME!!!
Old 08-16-2010

Blurb: nan de hoohaa

<~< >~>
*slight confession time*

My middle school years *and part of high school* was spent waiting every week for a new subbed episode of this show. Yes, I absolutely was in love with this show. I adored just about every main character on this show, especially Judai and Manjyome. <~<; And then Johan in season 3.

I don't know why, of all animus I watched back in middle school, THIS decided to stick to me. I always thought about that... heck, I never watched much of the original Yu-Gi-Oh... much less remember what I watched, except for the Virtual World Arc or whatever. I want to think it's because it also took place in a school, and it's one of those "and now for something completely different".

Even though Season 4 was cut short, due to god knows what rumor surrounding KENN and the producers, I completely enjoyed watching what I saw. Never had much of a complaint for the show, save for lack of spotlight for other main characters in season 3... darn ye, Yubel.

I'm way behind on the manga, but I do hope to catch up on it via buying them at Borders or something. I do prefer it over the anime, but that's only because the transfer students were brought it much earlier, and everyone gets to have a spotlight.
Old 08-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicAce View Post
<~< >~>
*slight confession time*

My middle school years *and part of high school* was spent waiting every week for a new subbed episode of this show. Yes, I absolutely was in love with this show. I adored just about every main character on this show, especially Judai and Manjyome. <~<; And then Johan in season 3.

I don't know why, of all animus I watched back in middle school, THIS decided to stick to me. I always thought about that... heck, I never watched much of the original Yu-Gi-Oh... much less remember what I watched, except for the Virtual World Arc or whatever. I want to think it's because it also took place in a school, and it's one of those "and now for something completely different".

Even though Season 4 was cut short, due to god knows what rumor surrounding KENN and the producers, I completely enjoyed watching what I saw. Never had much of a complaint for the show, save for lack of spotlight for other main characters in season 3... darn ye, Yubel.

I'm way behind on the manga, but I do hope to catch up on it via buying them at Borders or something. I do prefer it over the anime, but that's only because the transfer students were brought it much earlier, and everyone gets to have a spotlight.
Confession?

So, Did you ever watch the butchered dub version of GX? Also, do you know where I might find the GX manga in english on the Internet? Please..
Old 08-16-2010

Hmm my favorite character is Jaden/Judai of course, and Yubel. :D
Old 08-16-2010

Ohh..

Well, I have loads of favorite character's, but If I had to chose, it's either Judai or Johan. The other characters I Love are Manjoume, Fubuki, Edo, Hell Kaiser, Yubel, and Jim.
Old 08-17-2010

I'll be like an Ojama and butt into the conversation :D

After watching some of YGO: AS, I realized that I never finished the original Yu-Gi-Oh! DM despite watching quite a lot every Saturday morning on KidsWB. Since they had the subs on Youtube, I finished the entire series and the movies with wonderful seiyuu and not-so-wonderful Hong Kong bootleg subs, but the series made a mark on me nonetheless (oh, the tearjerkers ;(.)

I decided to watch GX out of completion even though my friend said it was crap (he watched some episodes of the dub). I loved KENN as Judai (especially after I watched Tenimyu :D Btw, has anyone else here seen them?) and even though I hated Hayato, Sho, and Manjoume (temporarily) I have to admit - some of those filler eps were damn funny XD. I even watched the dubs of the funnier ones just to see how 4Kids dealt with the humor.

I think I started really liking the show after the Camula part of the Shadow Riders since I'm a total sap, but it was enough to have me going until the end. There were about 20-some episodes of Season 2 that I couldn't find subbed so I had to settle with dubbed, but I watched enough of the sub to figure out what they censored and stuff. Actually, I liked the dub with their ridiculous dialogue; I was just pissed that Edo's dub voice actor sounded so unsexy compared to Akira Ishida.

I love Season 3 with an unhealthy passion. Yubel and Johan have to be my favorite characters from that season, and most of the tearjerkers for me were all here. Gaah. ;( I liked the idea behind Season 4, but it was a pity everything was so rushed. I would have liked to hear about the futures of the supporting cast, too (Johan, Fubuki, *cough*). Only thing that bothered me was Judai's ending. It's a civilized world in the future! Where are there going to vast deserts to explore, nonetheless find people against whom you can duel? And what about your parents? .___.

I haven't started watching 5Ds since I watch series after they're completed, but it looks really promising to me :]

And now I end my rant.
Old 08-17-2010

So, you dislike Sho? I don't like him that much either, but my sister prefers him over Johan, and resents Johan because he 'stole' Judai from Sho. It's sad becuase I never have anyone to talk about Johan with.

Last edited by Light_Kaiba; 08-25-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-18-2010

Well, here's this forum for all your Johan-fangirl needs! :D

Haha, I never liked Sho since he seemed way too dependent on Judai. I mean, he didn't growing a spine until Season 2 when he dueled against Ryo. And then I got super pissed off at him in Season 3 when he started criticizing Judai and made him become the Haou :/ Screw the vice/ball/thing; it was still him causing Judai's BSOD.

Besides, Roids are so uncool compared to Gem Beasts :D And Rainbow Dragon is absolutely beautiful.
Old 08-18-2010

Yes, I love the Rainbow Dragon! It's such a shame that it was only in a few episodes:( Though the same goes for Johan, he wasn't in enough episodes..
Old 08-22-2010

I'm a fangirl of both, though Jesse/Johan did kinda steal Syrus/Sho's position as Jaden/Judai's best friend. (Poor Sho...) :/ Still Johan was awesome. :D
Old 08-23-2010

Yeah, he kinda did steal him... Also which way do you like GX better, subbed or dubbed? I love dub and all, even if the puns aren't that great, but it does have it's moments. i also love the show subbed, but I hate reading subs! It gets boring after a while..
Old 08-24-2010

Subbed fosho. I am somewhat of a purist (even though the dub puns are pretty punny XD). They took too much of the seriousness out of the show especially in Season 3. And I hate how over 50% of the dub cast sounds like a surfer. Ugh.

I love how we're all female here XD Makes talking about fangirling over the guys much less awkward :]
Old 08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalMeme View Post
Subbed fosho. I am somewhat of a purist (even though the dub puns are pretty punny XD). They took too much of the seriousness out of the show especially in Season 3. And I hate how over 50% of the dub cast sounds like a surfer. Ugh.

I love how we're all female here XD Makes talking about fangirling over the guys much less awkward :]
Lol, I loved your last line; it was MADE of win.. I was about to ask how you knew I was a girl, but then I noticed that My gender was written as Yaoi-Fangirl.. yeah.. so I never asked , but who is your favorite character on the show. Like I said, mine are Johan and Judai
Old 08-25-2010

Blurb: I hear people wanting something..... ME!
Send a message via MSN to iJaden-Eph-Aster Send a message via Yahoo to iJaden-Eph-Aster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Kaiba View Post
So, you dislike Sho? I don't like him that much either, but my sister adores him, and hates Johan because he 'stole' Judai from him. It's sad becuase I never have anyone to talk about Johan with.
Well its just a matter of opinion and I don't hate Johan/Jesse. I have nothing against him. To be honest I dont like Sho/Syrus that much either.
So don't talk about me on this forum.
Old 08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJaden-Eph-Aster View Post
Well its just a matter of opinion and I don't hate Johan/Jesse. I have nothing against him. To be honest I dont like Sho/Syrus that much either.
So don't talk about me on this forum.
Sorry I didn't meanto offend you, and I never said you hated anyone, only that you prefered Sho over Johan because Johan's a "Best Friend Stealer"...

Sorry, again:( BTW, do you got a fave character or pairing y'know, so we could get some pretty [ by pretty, I mean some hot and smexy GX yaoi ]pairing images up here
Old 08-26-2010

Send a message via MSN to iJaden-Eph-Aster Send a message via Yahoo to iJaden-Eph-Aster

I dont really have a favorite pairing, but my favorite character is Aster Phoenix.

Last edited by iJaden-Eph-Aster; 08-26-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 08-26-2010

I love all the hot guys XD Edo, Johan, Manjoume, Ryou... But I think my absolute favorite favorite guy is Johan :D

I'm pretty open to pairings too since I don't have a favorite one. For instance, I love pairing up Judai with everybody: Judai/Manjoume, Judai/Johan, Judai/Yubel, the list goes on and on. Unfortunately there aren't that many good GX fanfiction that I've found :/
Old 08-26-2010

Okay well....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Johan.jpg (62.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Judai.jpg (92.4 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Judai and johan.jpg (222.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 08-27-2010

Oh gawd. I think I love you, and I'm straight.
Old 08-27-2010

Haha lol thanks.... Well, I'm off to find more pictures
Old 09-04-2010

Quote:
Sorry I didn't meanto offend you, and I never said you hated anyone, only that you prefered Sho over Johan because Johan's a "Best Friend Stealer"...

Sorry, again:( BTW, do you got a fave character or pairing y'know, so we could get some pretty [ by pretty, I mean some hot and smexy GX yaoi ]pairing images up here
Come to think about it I have at least one pairing I like.
egoshipping you can find out what it is....
Old 09-04-2010

It's ManjoumexEdo, right?? Haha cool, they're hot together
Old 09-04-2010

Quote:
It's ManjoumexEdo, right?? Haha cool, they're hot together
Also I like sexyshipping and you were right.
Old 09-07-2010

Cool, oh and MusicalMeme, I've searched throughout the fanfiction archives on fanfiction.net, and I've found some pretty awesome fanfics. I can give you the links if you want..
Old 09-16-2010

Random pictues; one is parody sorry if you get affended its just so funny.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 142.jpg (36.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg adorable.jpg (14.2 KB, 69 views)
File Type: png 45.png (20.7 KB, 69 views)
File Type: gif gx003.gif (32.9 KB, 69 views)
File Type: gif top-e-02.gif (57.5 KB, 68 views)
Old 09-17-2010

Blurb: In Eternal God-Mode

I found that GX was bittersweet, I loved the concept of a school dedicated to it, but somehow it wasn't played out like I expected it to be. I know they wanted to concentrate on the new characters, too, but I would have LOVED to see more appearances of old ones. Other than the slow progression, I really enjoy watching the latter seasons of GX. Romance is my guilty pleasure and the Alexis/Asuka + Jaden/Juudai is no exception
Old 09-17-2010

Spiritshipping is the best pairing with Juudai/Jaden hands down.