This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Books & Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007

Anyone read this series? And more importantly, anyone know when Superious Saturday is coming out?
Old 07-19-2007

Iv'e read 1,2, and 3. Decent series, but I dont think its my style. Cant help on your question sorry.
Old 07-20-2007

O_O I'm totally obsessed with it right now. I just finished Lady Friday last night. I don't know when Saturday comes out, but in the meantime, check out Garth Nix's other books. I recomend the Abhorsen Series and Shade's Children (o_o so much love).
Old 07-20-2007

Yah, i red Shade's Chilren recently.

I should probably return it to my friend some time.
Old 07-20-2007

keys to the kingdom is awesome. well written and incredibly original in my opinion.
Old 07-31-2007

i love this series. i still have to read friday, but it's been awesome so far. and does anyone else notice a connection between the trustees and the seven deadly sins? monday was sloth, tuesday was greed, wednesday was gluttony, thursday was wrath i think, and i haven't read friday yet.

what do you think the saying for saturday will be?
on the first day, there was mystery.
on the second day, there was darkness.
on the third day, there were pirates.
on the fourth day, there was war.
on the fifth day, there was fear.
on the sixth day, there was ...?
Old 08-01-2007

I started reading this 3-4 years ago when I saw the first couple of books in my school library. It was all right, and pretty good for one of those lazy reading days when you aren't really paying attention.

However, my interest in the series (average-above average to start with) started to wane between the hideous delay between Grim Tuesday and Drowned Wednesday. Didn't even read it. And the another year and half between that and the fourth book just made me abandon the series completely.

Maybe I'll read the whole series when all seven books have came out.
Old 08-09-2007

Thought it was shit, and the main character wasn't particularly likeable, seemed like a selfish twat.
Old 11-04-2007

i read the Abhorsen Series, well. most of it, i read Sabrial and Lireal, never got to finish Abhorsen, but a great series nonetheless
Old 06-04-2008

such an awesome series, I'm so obsessed with it.

In Britain, I believe it comes out in JULY
Old 06-19-2008

I've read every one of the currently available books in the series except for the first. I have a rather annoying habit of skipping the first book in a series. Good thing it's not always I indulge in this crime.

I really enjoy these books because they have a hierarchy of beings in the House that I find immensely fascinating. The Piper and his children, the Architect and Her creations, the Bathroom Attendants with their washing between the ears, Supreme Sunday with his evilness. They're all so enticing.

I also liked the Abhorsen books with the bells that opens the gates of death. I think I'll re-read those.