This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Movies

Old 04-22-2012
Not a Moderator

Blurb: KRILLIN!
Send a message via MSN to eternity
Default The Hunger Games

It's a movie, too, so I can post it in this thread!

• They didn't include the hovercraft that collects the bodies of the dead tributes in the movie.
  • They barely gave Rue the screen time she deserved, so Katniss being sad over her death doesn't make too much sense. In the book, they shared so much time together, and we find out that she loved Rue just as much as she loved Prim, in fact, I believe when Rue died, her first reaction was "PRIM!" and not "RUE!"
  • During the climax, they were supposed to show the faces of the beasts, and show that one of them, was Rue. And because Katniss and Peta were trapped on the Corn-thing, she would've been forced to shoot an arrow at Rue, killing her. I think she also noticed "Foxface" [The redhead who was a sneaky little--] but Rue is more important.
  • Haymitch in the book is supposed to be friggin' fat, and unless I'm mistaken, ugly. They didn't pro-tray that well in the movie. In the movie he's handsome, and skinny. What the hell.
  • They missed the other gifts Katniss got. After the death of Rue, and how she showed how much she cared for her, people from District 11 gathered their money, and provided Katniss with I think medicine, with a little note saying something like "Thank you, for Rue." It would've been a very touching moment, and don't see why they left that out.
  • In the book, Katniss got the MockingJay pin from a rich lady. Not from the Black Market, or wherever the hell that was.
  • I believe there was a lot more romance between Katniss and Peta in the book.

I did enjoy the movie, save for the shakey cam. Good God, that camera. That's what would happen if you friggin' give me a camera, and ask me to shoot an action scene. But unlike the Hollywood directors, I have a reason why I shake! . . .I have yet to find out the reason. Anyways, the climax? Good God, it was pretty tame. I expected a lot more from [ the beasts that were made from the bodies of the dead tributes ], as well as...oh, I don't know... BEING ABLE TO ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON!? I went with my mother, simply because that's the only person who would take me. She said she thinks the reason behind the shakey cam is so that the audience doesn't have to deal with the brutalness of children killing children, and so they can keep the PG-13 rating. ...Hey, here's an idea! Since the movie is based on the BOOK that involves children killing children, why give it a PG-13 rating? Why not give it something like... 18A? And have a warning saying "Intense Action/Blood" maybe then they could've kept the camera still! Anyways, what did you think of the movie?
Old 04-22-2012

Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.

Yeah shaky cam needs to die. Wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, but it was pretty good, and I liked that the sound effects didn't blow my ear drums out.
Old 04-22-2012
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

Its PG-13 because it is based on a children's book. Putting children's faces on the dogs would have made the movie too disturbing for kids, as well as it being completely retarded. Everything else on your list either doesn't matter in the long run or was just shortened to keep the movie at a reasonable length. The spirit of the story remained intact and it was an almost flawless adaptation.

I enjoyed the movie. I went in expected to riff on it because of all the negative feedback I heard, but I was pleasantly surprised. The only thing I laughed at was the guard uniforms. They looked like power ranger costumes. I also thought Gale should have volunteered because he looked about 35 and he could probably tear some kid's face off. It isn't a great movie, but if you liked the book you should also like the film.
Old 04-22-2012
Not a Moderator

Quote:
based on a children's book.
Say what.
Old 04-22-2012

Blurb: A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So is a lot.

I'll say it again: DAT CAMERA

Gary Ross must have been inspired by Quentin Tarantino

Edit: someone who I met at the movie said he's not directing the next film 'cuz he's not gonna have enough time to do it the way he wants.

GIVE THE GUY MORE TIME INSTEAD OF HIRING SOMEONE THAT MAY DO A CRAPPY JOB!

Last edited by Ebilkittyprincess28; 04-22-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-23-2012
Whiskey Icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternity View Post
Say what.
You heard me.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
In the 2012 edition of Scholastic's Parent and Child magazine, The Hunger Games was listed as the 33rd best book for children, with the award for "Most Exciting Ending"
Could you not tell just from the way it was written? The love triangle is a dead giveaway. Preteens eat that stuff up. Not to mention the book is found in the "young adult" section.
Old 04-23-2012
Not a Moderator

So you mean "children" as in young teens?
Old 04-23-2012
Whiskey Icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternity View Post
So you mean "children" as in young teens?
Those are still children, so yes.
Old 04-23-2012
Not a Moderator

I thought you meant children as in Kindergarten - Grade 4 or something.
Old 04-26-2012
Banned

Movie have given a big shot at box office as per reviews and creators for it are really deserving appreciation as they have given us a nice way to go with adventures world.
Old 05-21-2012

Blurb: Meow ^,.,^

The movie was wonderful but they messed up some things from the books, definitely not another Harry Potter but it does have a large fanbase already.
Old 08-03-2012

Blurb: Vince/Stuart = OTP!

I enjoyed the film, but I think it could have been done better. I think with the beast things that were supposed to be the dead tributes, I think they could have at least done something with the fur to make it distinctive of the tributes, but I was incredibly disappointed when they all looked the same.

However, I did find the line about mahogany amusing. Not the line itself, but because it reminded me of the mahogany joke from TeamFourStar. No one else at the cinema understood why I was laughing and quoting the mahogany lines from TFS.

But other than that, and some minor issues I had with it, it was a good film. I think I'm going to vastly prefer the second film, though, because I found that plot line much more interesting.
Old 08-10-2012

I found it annoying that they didn't explain the nickname "Foxface", because IMO the actress didn't really look or act very fox-like. It seemed to me like they just randomly started calling her that for no reason.

Then again, I can get annoyed easily.

Last edited by NinjaChibiPanda; 08-10-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: didn't finish typing