This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Books & Literature

Old 01-06-2009

Anyone here read the pendragon series by D.J. MacHale??? I own and I've read all 9 books and the 10th one, Soldiers of Halla, is going to be AWESOME! I just know it.
Old 01-09-2009

Send a message via MSN to Fenrir502

I've read up to eight, but it takes literally forever for anything to reach here from America...
Old 01-10-2009

still, aren't they awesome? I didn't like book 7 though. I just found there wasn't enough to the territory. But wait until you read Raven Rise. THAT BOOK FREAKING ROX!
Old 01-10-2009

I can't wait until it get released here, but it still isn't...
Old 01-10-2009

Where do you live? UK?
Old 01-10-2009

Australia.
Old 01-10-2009

Have you been to the zoo run by the Irwins??? I've always wanted to go there, but can't. I live in US so kinda hard to do that. Anyway, wat territory do you think Saint Dane is from?
Old 01-10-2009

Nah, I've never been, it's fairly close though, so I might one day.

Anyway, I don't really have any theories, but he'll probably be from Second Earth just to screw with Bobby.
Old 01-10-2009

But the thing is, there's only one traveler per territory.
Earth=Gunny, Bobby and Patric
Cloral-Spader
Veelox/Ibara=Aja and [insert name here] (i forget his name)
Denduron-Alder
Zaada-Loor
Quillan-Eli winter
Eelong-the cat girl
Old 01-10-2009

Yeah, but for a time at least there are two of each. Anyway, the big reveal could be that Saint Dane is like Halla's traveller? idk...
Old 01-11-2009

?_? I never thought of THAT. Like maybe its all a test put on by some higher power. This is making me think of the final 5 episodes of the 1994 Spiderman cartoon. But...there's never two. there's a traveler and then a traveler in training/someone destined to be a traveler. Plz note, I say this b/c u haven't read book 9 yet and there's a new guy who comes a long who pretty much puts this theory thru the garbage and out again.
Old 07-20-2009

Blurb: If I save time, when do I get it back?

The pendragon series was AWSOME.
Though book 9 has already come out I have yet to read it just yet.

Im expecting a lot of answers since nothing has really been answerred and Im also looking forwards to a really EPIC showdown between all the travelers.
Old 03-18-2010

Blurb: If I save time, when do I get it back?

I have to say the book pleased me very much though I will admit to the ending appearing as I read it to be rushed a bit which disdained my thoughts on D.J machale very much. But the run to the end was intrestign I will admit. First series ive been compelled to actually finish and buy ^_^
Old 06-15-2011

Blurb: maybe this world is another planets hell...
Exclamation

First Earth: Gunny
Second Earth: Bobby
Third Earth: Patric
Cloral: Spader
Veelox: Aja
Ibara: Siry Remudi
Denduron: Alder
Zaada: Loor
Quillan: Eli winter
Eelong: Kasha
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Dane
Saint Dane was an old spirit of Solara who became impatient with mankind's imperfections, and believed that he could make the universe better by taking down the existing structure of Halla and establishing a new one under his control. To justify his beliefs, he frequently tricks the people of Halla toward destruction; as time goes on, Saint Dane becomes so obsessed with proving his point that he begins to enjoy causing pain and suffering. All of his power relies on those who fall to him, and their collective energies are stored in a "dark" version of Solara that Saint Dane created for himself. His ultimate plan was Ravinia, a multi-dimensional extreme-Social Darwinist cult that aims for the "worthy" people of Halla to crush the "unworthy," who Saint Dane blames as the cause of Halla's inherent weakness. The structure of Ravinia under Alexander Naymeer parallels Nazism under Adolf Hitler, instead of a swastika, the Ravinians are united by the symbol of a pentagram, the same one that marks the flumes.
Old 06-22-2012

Blurb: I'm Absolutely Flawless

I love the Pendragon Series ^^ It's my favorite series of all time!! I'm starting to reread the series for, what, the seventh time now, and it's still not getting old :D
Old 06-01-2013

Blurb: Screw the rules I have Godzilla! RAWR!!!

The eighth book sucked but the others were all great. I liked the ninth one a lot. The pairings got kinda weird in the tenth one but other than that, it was good. Overall this series is so awesome!