This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Anime/Manga

Old 02-06-2014

Question What version of Yu-Gi-Oh to watch?

*Don't know if this is the right section to post in, if not moderators can feel free to move it to the right one*

Hey guys, since most of you are pretty big fans of Yu-Gi-Oh I was wondering which version of the original Yu-Gi-Oh series (season one to five) should I watch? I have watched the first three seasons of the 4Kids dubbed version a while ago but I want to restart from the beginning again and was wanting to watch the version with the most plot (if this show has any) or the one with the most content. So which one is it? Japanese, 4kids or another one? Should I read the manga.
Old 02-06-2014

The Japanese version definitely has more content than the English version (or any other language version, most have been based off of the English version rather than the original Japanese one for some reason).

As compared to the manga, there are 3 story arcs in the show that the manga does not have, but the manga has the earlier stories that don't deal with the card game as much. I'd recommend reading the manga and watching the show, but if you only have time for one, it would probably be better to watch the show because it's easier to find. All of the japanese episodes with english subs are on dailymotion.
Old 02-06-2014

Thanks! Will definitely get to watching the Japanese version. However, where would I get a good version of the manga?
Old 02-07-2014

From my experience, the manga is much harder to find. Most manga sites have only the pre-duelist kingdom volumes. The other volumes are out there, though, but sometimes I've had to google them individually, and the quality can vary greatly.

If you're lucky, your local library might have some of the volumes, although they'll be the vizkids translations, which can be a little...goofy. They'll be the most common version that you'll be able to find, even online.

So to sum everything up, finding quality copies of the manga can be a hassle, but worth your while if you want to read it, and if for no other reason, at least to see Kaiba threaten to cut a guy's head off with his briefcase (that part isn't in the show).
Old 02-16-2014
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

Good thread idea, but I am going to move this over to the Anime section :)

Happy posting!