This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Anime/Manga
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2014

Blurb: Blue Peeps Whitey Dragon Master
Default Most annoying anime/manga-character?

So who do you think it is?

My vote goes to Misa Amane in Death Note...
She is just the worst!
Old 03-30-2014

Send a message via Yahoo to Yugiohslavia

i vote that bitch from ouran who always does the annoying laugh
Old 04-01-2014

Naruto and all the others who say the most important virtues are bravery and strength. I know that's not really what Naruto says, but it's what the series says by making him protagonist. all this "never ever give up." is most annoying.

Last edited by Kronus; 04-01-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-01-2014

Blurb: Oh no, too many children's card games!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronus View Post
Naruto and all the others who say the most important virtues are bravery and strength. I know that's not really what Naruto says, but it's what the series says by making him protagonist. all this "never ever give up." is most annoying.
What? How is that annoying? The entire Shonen genre is based on that principle.
Old 04-02-2014

yes, and it's all annoying. how could that not be annoying?
Old 04-02-2014

Because it's good advice, and even better story material?
Old 04-03-2014

not giving up is a good advice, but it's not the best. strength and bravery are not the most important things in life. and usually the those stories are based on characters fighting each other instead of talking about their problems.
Old 04-03-2014

Quote:
not giving up is a good advice, but it's not the best. strength and bravery are not the most important things in life. and usually the those stories are based on characters fighting each other instead of talking about their problems.
Okay. So how would a story progress if it was about talking about problems?
Old 04-04-2014

just like that. there is a problem and then people talk about it and solve it. or maybe it gets worse, could also be. anyway, the source of action should be the dialogue.
Old 04-04-2014

Blurb: The world is what you make of it.

Who I think are the most annoying Anime/Manga characters are:
- Sakura From Naruto
- Anzu From Yugioh
- Misa from Death Note
- Kagome from Inuyasha
Old 04-05-2014

Blurb: Blue Peeps Whitey Dragon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBoutAtemu! View Post
Who I think are the most annoying Anime/Manga characters are:
- Sakura From Naruto
- Anzu From Yugioh
- Misa from Death Note
- Kagome from Inuyasha
Just add Orihime from Bleach and
and the list of terrible female characters in anime is complete! :D
However, I didn't have a problem
with her at first, but her character
took a turn for the worse.
Old 04-05-2014

Quote:
just like that. there is a problem and then people talk about it and solve it. or maybe it gets worse, could also be. anyway, the source of action should be the dialogue.
"Oh, hey Aizen, I was wondering if we could sit down and discuss what was really bothering you."
"Hmm, no" *stab*
"Well, looks like we're all fucked because none of us bothered to learn how to fight."
Old 04-07-2014

have you seen death note? that's a good example for action taking place in the dialogue instead of the fists. -.-
Old 04-07-2014

Quote:
have you seen death note? that's a good example for action taking place in the dialogue instead of the fists. -.-
Death Note is still pretty darn Shonen. Instead of the characters pushing fighting skill or strength to the limit, they push their minds and resources. But it's still the very same thing. Never giving up is what really propelled Light into the positions he eventually reaches. The fact that that was done through intelligence and planning is wholly second to that.

Also, don't ask if someone's "seen" Death Note, ask if they've read it. The anime doesn't deserve to be compared to the manga.
Old 04-08-2014

of cause it does. I agree that the manga is better, but the anime is still amazing.

If I wanted to see people fighting each other in order to prove they have the biggest balls, I could just watch the news. watching people fight for the purpose of fighting is not entertaining. Light and L however fought for morals and for winning and to show they have the bigger brain, not the bigger balls. that's something different. Also it was in character and made sense they didn't talk. if Light would have talked, he would have died. but in Naruto they always tell each other long stories but never really talk. they could talk. they have the time and they always speak. they just don't.
Old 04-08-2014
Sex-Administrator

Blurb: This is a Blurb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermewX300 View Post
Death Note is still pretty darn Shonen. Instead of the characters pushing fighting skill or strength to the limit, they push their minds and resources. But it's still the very same thing. Never giving up is what really propelled Light into the positions he eventually reaches. The fact that that was done through intelligence and planning is wholly second to that.

Also, don't ask if someone's "seen" Death Note, ask if they've read it. The anime doesn't deserve to be compared to the manga.
While death note is pretty Shonen, in some regards it does have some seinen elements to it, mainly because of what you said, though to be consider seinen it would need somewhat of a more darker edge in its spirit, not to say a book which kills people and a battle of ethics isnt dark.
Old 04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimfang999 View Post
While death note is pretty Shonen, in some regards it does have some seinen elements to it, mainly because of what you said, though to be consider seinen it would need somewhat of a more darker edge in its spirit, not to say a book which kills people and a battle of ethics isnt dark.
Well, the creator didn't want it to be a seinen series as that would force him to further explore the psychology behind the characters' actions, and he'd rather have a simple battle of wits.

And Kronus, that's bullshit, The only difference between Death Note and fighting anime is the visuals. And even if that wasn't the case, what difference would it make? Fighting in anime exists SO THAT THERE IS FIGHTING IN ANIME. That's the whole point. Do you think people watch 500 episodes of Dragonball to see the characters talk? No, they want to see the cool fighting. Do you think I would've sat through the watse product of an anime that is Future Diary if it didn't have the cool fights? Fighting is anime's biggest draw. If that is an issue for you then you shouldn't be watching it.
Old 04-08-2014
Sex-Administrator

Blurb: This is a Blurb

Quote:
Well, the creator didn't want it to be a seinen series as that would force him to further explore the psychology behind the characters' actions, and he'd rather have a simple battle of wits.
Ah that makes sense, and explains why light really just skims over the shock of having to kill someone. Shame though, it really should have been better if they had. It worked with kira and L (because L is supposed to have an air of mystery) but does sorta fall flat later on.
Old 04-13-2014

Quote:
And Kronus, that's bullshit, The only difference between Death Note and fighting anime is the visuals. And even if that wasn't the case, what difference would it make? Fighting in anime exists SO THAT THERE IS FIGHTING IN ANIME. That's the whole point. Do you think people watch 500 episodes of Dragonball to see the characters talk? No, they want to see the cool fighting. Do you think I would've sat through the watse product of an anime that is Future Diary if it didn't have the cool fights? Fighting is anime's biggest draw. If that is an issue for you then you shouldn't be watching it.
Yes, that is an issue for me. I find fighting stupid, boring and annoying. We were supposed to say what character we find most annoying and I did that. why can't you just accept that I like and dislike different things than you. Of cause I know that many people like fighting, but I don't. So please stop buggering me about it. I find Naruto the most annoying and I find fights stupid and boring. END OF DISCUSSION
Old 04-14-2014

So what you're really saying is that you dislike fighting, and are complaining about it in a character thread?
Old 04-15-2014

what I am really saying is that I find Naruto the most annoying, you asked me why and I answered and then you kept nagging me about it.
Old 04-15-2014

Blurb: The world is what you make of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingswedish View Post
Just add Orihime from Bleach and
and the list of terrible female characters in anime is complete! :D
However, I didn't have a problem
with her at first, but her character
took a turn for the worse.
I agree