This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Forum Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2015
Definitely Kim Jong Un; The Cryptkeeper

Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331

well actually, technically, you could still be conspirator and he just accidentally made the town lose
Old 02-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by animex75 View Post
i vote to kill Kira, clearly they're the one that killed Praise
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimfang999 View Post
Kudos had attacked me but Nate stopped her, and disappeared in the process.
wait a minute, does this mean....
Old 02-05-2015
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

I know she was captured, Nate. I was trying to stop us killing someone who was clearly not a threat. <facepalm>

I vote for Fenir in whatever way Grim does.
Old 02-06-2015

Blurb: "Super Duper High School Level Bitch"

TURN FIVE END

The cicadas cried as two of the three remaining citizens of Hinamizawa turned against Fenrir502 (Kiichirou Kimiyoshi) who was the only real answer to whom perpetuated the rampant madness. Together, as friends, the detective Grimfang999 and carrier, Fat1Fared tore the conspirator apart and all was well.
No idea where animex75 went, though, that was a bit weird.

GAME END - TOWN WINS (Happy Ending)

1. grimfang999 - Jirou Tomitake - Detective
2. animex75 - Satoshi Houjou - Disappeared
3. Clank4Prez - Akasaka Mamoru - Lynched
4. musigal - Rena Ryugu - Lynched
5. Fat1Fared - Oryo Sonozaki - Carrier
6. bakurachick - Rika Furude - Lynched
7. kudos - Rina Mamiya - Killer - Murdered by Satoshi
8. Fenrir502 - Kiichirou Kimiyoshi - Conspirator - Lynched

RECOIL START

Questions:
- Buff Oryo or make her only in play when Akane is?
- Change Rika's ability to include capturing town votes as well?
- Should captured players be released after some time if no-one else is captured afterwards?
- Should there be two synonymous votes (someone is captured as well as someone being lynched)?

Other points:
- Incentives to kill for the killer/detective.

Any other points you want to raise or feel free to throw in your two cents, post 'em now.
Old 02-06-2015

i would also like to add clarifying what it means to "disappear" in the rules

my proposal is that it function exactly like death (i.e. you don't get to vote, you can't use your role unless you're the conspirator sending red herrings, and you can't die) unless you were to come back because of one of the roles

also, we need an incentive for the detective/killer to not reveal themselves right off the bat so the carrier has to actually work to find the detective and killer

as for the other stuff:
- i think Oryo should only be in play when Akane is so she isn't useless
- i like the idea of Rika stopping the vote period
- how about captured players are detained for 2 turns?
- i dunno, that would depend on how long they stay detained after someone votes to capture them
Old 02-06-2015
Sex-Administrator

Blurb: This is a Blurb

I think buff oryo. Having the ability to trade information about other roles in play is an interesting one, and it seems less interesting to make both of them have to be in the game.

I think Rikas powers are strong enough as she is. She is the most versatile role in the game with a bonus power to every role she takes. She gets 2 major powers where most secondary roles would only get one.

Perhaps have a release vote with no replacement prisoner? Games dont last long enough to have a timed release.

I think capture/lynch votes should be separate, but if we have a release vote then that can coincide with lynching.

We need both incentives to kill as the killer/detective but also for them to not reveal who they are. If I actually wanted to, I could have ended this game on the first turn, but that would be boring. I propose two parts to this:
-Ticking timer - the detective/killer must kill within three turns until they are identified (detective) or accused (killer). When they kill, the timer resets back to three turns. If they do not choose a target by the third turn, the GM randomly targets for them.

-Police Chief. Ooishi needs a revamp.
--He cannot be detective, carrier or killer.
--He must be in the game.
--Every turn he will be given a hint toward either the killer or detective.
--He can only accuse once.

EDIT: I forgot that Ooishi needs to act as a means to deter the killer/detective from revealing themselves. Has anyone got any ideas?

Last, we need more power for the conspirator, currently the conspirator has no power, they are simply relying on the town killing they way they want. They can make new killers sometimes, but these killers may work against them or not do as they intended. The conspirator can die through other means and gain invulnerability though, but that is still dependant on the towns actions most of the time. We need a new power for the conspirator...

On a related note, Irie and Rikas second killers should be changed. Iries, as a permanent second killer, must kill every two turns or die, while rika has full control over hers and she simply throws a player at another player to make the both die.

Thats all I have for now. Except... I feel as if the rules need to be bullet pointed more, some of the core game mechanics are trapped in large paragraph and may be hard to extract.

Last edited by grimfang999; 02-06-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-06-2015
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

I enjoyed this game - and would not wish for us to over complicate it any further. :)

- Buff Oryo or make her only in play when Akane is?
=I think that until we think of a really interesting way to buff her, we should just say she needs Akane

- Change Rika's ability to include capturing town votes as well?
=Nope - already strong enough

- Should captured players be released after some time if no-one else is captured afterwards?
= Nope (I like Grim's release vote; otherwise, leave it as it is)

- Should there be two synonymous votes (someone is captured as well as someone being lynched)?
= Nope - the game is not big enough to sustain this. However, if the town does vote to kill someone else, then the captured person should be released (solving two problems)
Old 02-06-2015

I agree with rewording and bullet pointing of rules as well as defining disappearance etc.

I also agree with the timed accusations of the killer/detective, however, should the consequences of missing an accusation be more dire? As in, they die if they miss the deadline?

I have, however, noticed that Rika's ability to stop one player from using their ability is based on the assumption that they're the killer which is a bit strange as the player won't know if they are the killer. So she'll need a rework in that respect.

I am also bothered by the conspirator's lack of power, perhaps if a killer/detective misses their deadline, the conspirator kills someone instead?
Old 02-06-2015

i vote we also include the sprites in the rules post :V

also, maybe the conspirator should be looking for the killer as well so they can directly manipulate them? i dunno, either way the conspirator should have some power that they can use when they know the detective/killer so as to discourage them revealing themselves publicly
Old 02-07-2015
Draw all the things!

Location: The wind under my wings has carried me to where the sun sails and the moon walks
Blurb: Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy
Send a message via MSN to kudos

Quote:
We need both incentives to kill as the killer/detective but also for them to not reveal who they are. If I actually wanted to, I could have ended this game on the first turn, but that would be boring. I propose two parts to this:
-Ticking timer - the detective/killer must kill within three turns until they are identified (detective) or accused (killer). When they kill, the timer resets back to three turns. If they do not choose a target by the third turn, the GM randomly targets for them.
I think this is a good suggestion, especially since, as the detective/killer I didn't have much incentive to act, especially since I wasn't sure which role I held
Old 02-07-2015
Sex-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakura136 View Post
I also agree with the timed accusations of the killer/detective, however, should the consequences of missing an accusation be more dire? As in, they die if they miss the deadline?
The random kill is very dangerous. If any secondary role player dies, then the game has swung into the conspirators favour.

Also, I thought with Iries killer if they target Irie they die.
Old 02-07-2015

maybe after the countdown, they stop getting hints/red herrings until they use their power?
Old 02-07-2015
Sex-Administrator

Thats a bit too soft, two hints was enough for me as detective.
Old 02-07-2015

hmmm.....maybe give the conspirator a hint?
Old 02-07-2015
Golden-Circle Lurker

Blurb: My kitties are doopy and floopy, and I love them!
Send a message via AIM to musigal Send a message via MSN to musigal Send a message via Yahoo to musigal

I agree that the detective should not be able to reveal themself so freely. It takes away the mystery, and it definitely ended the game faster.
Also, would it be possible to have a turn-end warning? I get email notifications when someone posts in the thread, and having maybe a half-hour or 15 minute warning before turn end would prevent what happened to me twice (though I only mentioned it once during the game): just missing out on acting during the turn.
Regarding streamlining the rules, I agree that should be done. Maybe list the win conditions under a separate heading with bullet-points?
Old 02-08-2015

30 min would be better so we can warn muse and Praise (if she's not around for it)
Old 02-08-2015

Should there be an active detriment for revealing your secondary role or an outright ban on doing so?
Old 02-08-2015

well the conspirator already has one, and the carrier is being risky as fuck to reveal themselves (really, if grim had been the conspirator we would've been screwed)

but for the detective and killer, an active detriment works better than a ban imo since we've got a small enough player base as it is
Old 02-08-2015
Sex-Administrator

Banning is way too far. You will need to reveal it at some point and likewise it can sometimes be an important strategic maneuver. We just need some risks involved in doing so, because there are none.
Old 02-09-2015

on an unrelated note, a Satoshi/Conspirator could make themselves basically unbeatable if they're able to orchestrate their disappearance on day 1 or 2