This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > News, Rules, and Announcements > News
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2009
Administrator

Yeah.
Old 03-04-2009

Blurb: My friends are mah power.
Send a message via AIM to Anixe

"Snaaaaake Eateeeeeeer!" Awesome eppy, LK. Again. Hmm.
Old 03-05-2009

Its one of my new faves. its a positively wonderful episode!
Old 03-05-2009

Location: Pennsylvania: There is no amount of therapy that would make it okay.
Blurb: Siempre contigo quiero estar. :D
Send a message via AIM to beatlesgirl95

all i can say is I can't wait until you do the Yugi VS Joey duel... I am sure that its gonna be epic!
Old 03-07-2009

Default episode 34: dork side of the moon

(i haven't see anybody make this connection to an allusion in episode 34, but maybe cause it was obvious; when Lumis and Umbra are saying that : "I say what, what" "in the butt" joke, it's from South Park when Butters is doin a video for youtube. just thought i'd put this out there if anybody was interested. and i could be wrong, maybe someone did see this allusion, i just didn't read every post on the forum to see if it had been, so sorry if i repeated old news.)

right so this is one of the best, awesome episodes yet! can't wait for the next one, Little Kuriboh! crazy awesome!

and it is weird that the animators wouldn't have realized that kaiba's nose was bigger than usual. would that have been the japanese animators that drew it in the first place's fault or would it have been 4kids' fault for overlooking it or something?

Last edited by DMCrocks; 03-07-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 03-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMCrocks View Post
(i haven't see anybody make this connection to an allusion in episode 34, but maybe cause it was obvious; when Lumis and Umbra are saying that : "I say what, what" "in the butt" joke, it's from South Park when Butters is doin a video for youtube. just thought i'd put this out there if anybody was interested. and i could be wrong, maybe someone did see this allusion, i just didn't read every post on the forum to see if it had been, so sorry if i repeated old news.)

right so this is one of the best, awesome episodes yet! can't wait for the next one, Little Kuriboh! crazy awesome!

and it is weird that the animators wouldn't have realized that kaiba's nose was bigger than usual. would that have been the japanese animators that drew it in the first place's fault or would it have been 4kids' fault for overlooking it or something?
Wow, that's one episode of South Park I haven't seen. Thanks for the info.

And about the nose, my god, that was one thing really funny in the video because it's true. I never paid much attention to it, but that shot always bothered me in the past. Now I realize why. As annoying as 4Kids are, you can't blame them for it, it would be the original Japanese animators who drew it. Though, 4Kids never really needed a reason to cut out shots or edit things, since they do it left and right. Though could you imagine how bad his nose would look with a 4Kids edit and redraw?
Old 03-07-2009

Blurb: Guh? Muh? Wuh? Zuh?!
Send a message via MSN to Seraphim

Quote:
Wow, that is completely wrong. The "What what (in the butt)" song was an internet meme long before it's appearance in South Park. They were the ones making the allusion. Here is the link to the music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

(Does a song that is about anal sex count as NSFW? Maybe it is.)
Old 03-07-2009
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
Wow, that is completely wrong. The "What what (in the butt)" song was an internet meme long before it's appearance in South Park. They were the ones making the allusion. Here is the link to the music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

(Does a song that is about anal sex count as NSFW? Maybe it is.)
... that particular song, no XD
Old 03-09-2009

Blurb: "check out this guy, he's got a metal beard"
Send a message via MSN to maisetofan
Thumbs up

:pLOL the army of Steves is growing
Old 03-09-2009

Blurb: Guh? Muh? Wuh? Zuh?!
Send a message via MSN to Seraphim

For all of those who haven't seen it yet: Episode 35.
Old 03-09-2009

yes have seen ^_^
Old 03-09-2009

Quote:
And even later on, the characters look really strange. Near the end of the Battle City Tournament, Yami looks like he has a low monobrow for several episodes! It makes him looks nearly as bad as Marik on a motorbike. Nearly.
Old 03-09-2009
The Foreskin Queen Deserving of a rest

Blurb: <3<3<3 Rebbie
Send a message via MSN to TPishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapheil View Post
And even later on, the characters look really strange. Near the end of the Battle City Tournament, Yami looks like he has a low monobrow for several episodes! It makes him looks nearly as bad as Marik on a motorbike. Nearly.
There are places during the Doma arc and Grand Championship arc where the animation gets really sloppy, too. It annoys me.
Old 03-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPishek View Post
There are places during the Doma arc and Grand Championship arc where the animation gets really sloppy, too. It annoys me.
Well, at the very least it's better than the 4Kids One Piece dub.
And it gives Little Kuriboh yet another thing to ridicule!
Old 03-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornZombie2 View Post
You sir, fail at life.
[ FUNimation sucks ]
FUNimation kept a gun a gun. 4Kids turned it into a wacko hammer. 4Kids also believes that bleeding is not possible and that strong, true emotions are silly things to have. And that they could make a bloody pirate anime into a show for little kids.

FUNimation pwns 4Kids.
Old 03-10-2009

Whoever says Funi sucks needs to have their facts straightened out. At least they deliver Anime in its proper form, not a bunch of garbage with remade music and completely off the wall editing/rewriting like 4Kids gives us. Sure, I don't agree with all Funi does in the One Piece dub or other series, but if anyone says 4Kids are better, they are sadly mistaken.

Besides, how does animation relate to 4Kids or Funimation? They have nothing to do with it. Blame the animators for the crappy art/animation in the 4th/5th season. In fact, where did the debate come from anyway? It sort of just popped up.

Wow, is 35 really out already? Can't watch it right now, but I will certainly later! Who made sacrifices?
Old 03-10-2009

Um yes this is true, but remember that in One peice, a cigarette was turned into a lollipop WTF was with that????
Old 03-10-2009

Am I the only one terrified? I mean, three episodes in this short a time span? Surely it must be a sign of the apocalypse!
Old 03-10-2009
The Foreskin Queen Deserving of a rest

Blurb: <3<3<3 Rebbie
Send a message via MSN to TPishek

In that case, I am completely looking forward to the apocalyse. :D
Old 03-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisetofan View Post
Um yes this is true, but remember that in One peice, a cigarette was turned into a lollipop WTF was with that????
I'm pretty sure only 4Kids did that.

And I also look forward to the apocalypse! Keep up the amazing work, Little Kuriboh!
Old 03-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisetofan View Post
That was 4Kids doing, not Funimation. In their edited tv version they removed the cigarette (which is a much more sensible edit). They also are releasing uncut versions. If 4Kids continued making proper uncut versions (and the ones they made for YGO sucked), then I would probably have a higher opinion of them. But sadly, they are satisfied with their crap.
Old 03-13-2009

Default Flashback episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenUmi View Post
im sure you wont spend a whole episode doing flashbacks. :D
Oh, the irony :)
Old 03-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg0811 View Post
Oh, the irony :)
:P a new meaning to the word teheeee