This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > News, Rules, and Announcements > READ HERE FIRST
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CELTICfan1888 View Post
I also hate this evil creation

Dame you vBulletin!
Much better than the previous formast, that SUCKED
Old 02-07-2009
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan50 View Post
Much better than the previous formast, that SUCKED
... Because a chunky and needlessly messy forum-style is the best.

Seriously though, the old forum style was much MUCH better than this. The features on this board aren't in common sense places and they don't do common sense things...

When you were replying to a post on the other forum, it gave you the URL of the post you were replying to, which took up NO SPACE WHATSOEVER... NOW however, when you reply to a specific post, you gotta quote it... and these quotes take up AN UNECESSARY AMOUNT OF SPACE on the screen.

Also... on the old style of forum, everyone's user details were OUT OF THE WAY in the profile section... BUT NOW user details are found ON EVERY SINGLE POST AND on the profiles, not laid out in a common sense, easy-to-read fashion, but HIDDEN IN PLACES YOU HAVE TO NAVIGATE THROUGH SEVERAL TABS AND A USER CP TO GET TO.

When you wanted to check the member list on the old style forum, you just went to the main forum homepage and clicked on "view members list" at the bottom, next to where the most active users were. When it came up, it gave precedence to staff, so their profiles were easy to find, and then everyone else was ordered in terms of latest activity... BUT NOW you've gotta click on "Community" and then "Members List" to find a list of members, ORDERED ALPHANUMERICALLY WITH NO PRECEDENCE GIVEN TO STAFF OR MOST ACTIVE USERS AND TO TOP IT OFF, THERE IS NO WAY TO SEARCH FOR A LIST OF STAFF MEMBERS... The whole process is needlessly complex.

Also, on the old style forum, a single, two-to-three line post would take up a very small portion of the screen. BUT NOW a single, one-line post IS THE SAME FREAKING SIZE AS A FIVE-SIX LINE POST AND TAKES UP SO MUCH ROOM YOU CAN ONLY FIT 3 POSTS ON THE SCREEN BEFORE HAVING TO SCROLL DOWN. This forum style is WAY too chunky and clunky, and it looks blocky and well, outdated.

Also... YOU CAN'T DO A STRIKETHROUGH ON THIS SITE!
And... The advanced posting screen has SO MUCH STUFF ON IT ... the hell do I want "additional options" for? ...

Also, there's no feature to allow only certain UserGroups access to HTML embedding... it's ALL OR NONE ... which means NO-ONE can embed video or any kind of HTML because then it would be HORRIBLY ABUSED by the Users.

And why the hell do people insist on "Signatures" ... WHY THE HELL DO I WANT TO LOOK AT THE SAME FREAKING OVERSIZED SITEWHOREING IMAGE, TEN FREAKING TIMES ON A SINGLE FREAKING PAGE!?
Wanna whore your stuff? DO IT ON YOUR PROFILES... OOPS WAIT, YOU CAN'T BECAUSE THESE STYLE PROFILES DON'T ALLOW IMAGES ON THEM!

The only... and I repeat... the ONLY thing that this style of forum has going for it, is the fact that the behind-the-scenes stuff immensely more efficient and faster than the other forum.
Looking at this style of forum is like getting assaulted in the face constantly.
Comparitively the old-style was like a breath of fresh air.

But... This is what we've got. We need to learn to live with it.
Old 02-07-2009
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornZombie2 View Post
Well actually, there's a thing at the bottom of the forum page that says View Forum Leaders...
DAMN YOU NOMENCLATURE!
Old 04-21-2009

Blurb: ERMEHGEHRD, TERM HIRDERSTERN.

Hi.Sorry, I just got here. My name's Roseleaf (Warrior cat name,long story, great series)So is the new forum up yet? Whet's the URL?
Old 04-21-2009
BANNEDARCHER!

Location: From the United Kingdom I'm looking for him. I'm going to California~
Blurb: Fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseleaf View Post
Hi.Sorry, I just got here. My name's Roseleaf (Warrior cat name,long story, great series)So is the new forum up yet? Whet's the URL?
The date in the thread title says it all.
Old 04-21-2009

Blurb: Guh? Muh? Wuh? Zuh?!
Send a message via MSN to Seraphim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseleaf View Post
*facepalm* It has happened, you are on the new site.
Old 05-25-2009

Blurb: Gyabo!

OK thanks for the heads up; been on hiatus so at least now I know why it looks different and the blogs are no longer there. Oh well, thanks for the heads up!
Old 12-26-2009
Banned

Blurb: Peerway09
Send a message via ICQ to Peerway09
Default 1/17 Forum Migration

The updates are finally under way. Plan on seeing new changes to this forum each week as I put them in. If you have any questions about the site or would like to be a moderator here just send me an email.
Old 12-26-2009
Not a Moderator

Blurb: KRILLIN!
Send a message via MSN to eternity

^- Fail. Seriously.
Old 12-26-2009
Waiting for Tweek to come and play

Blurb: GLF
Cobra4
Send a message via MSN to l3o2828

Hypocrite...
but yeah i agree