This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Games

Old 04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosVincent1 View Post
Hmmmmm.... Perhaps they could try adding Ray-man as a third-party character.
Those hitboxes.
Old 04-10-2012

Send a message via MSN to Ave

Hades from Kid Icarus Uprising. I don't care how impractical it would be to implement him. JUST DO IT. PLEASE. DO IT. HECK I'LL SETTLE FOR HIM AS A BOSS.
Old 04-18-2012

Well, I'd say Ghirahim from LoZ: Skyward Sword. I have an awesome idea for his special. =]

Also some sort of presence from Xenoblade Chronicles would be great. Having an entire category surrounding the game would be awesome, but the likeliness of that happening is very slim. Maybe at the very least have a trophy of a character or the Monado (if you don't know anything about the game, this is the all-important sword the main character uses). A step higher than that would be having an Assist Trophy character from the game.
Old 04-19-2012

Blurb: Oh no, too many children's card games!

Oh God, Shulk would be amazing in Smash Brothers!
Old 04-26-2012

The last post was 1 week ago? This topic is obviously still active.

Add Chibi-Robo, remove the clones (Wolf, Lucas, and Toon Link). They could add that Dillon guy too (from Dillon's Rolling Western).
Old 04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormented View Post
The last post was 1 week ago? This topic is obviously still active.

Add Chibi-Robo, remove the clones (Wolf, Lucas, and Toon Link). They could add that Dillon guy too (from Dillon's Rolling Western).
Expanding on this, after removing the Link clone, don't add another one in its place.
Old 04-27-2012

What? Remove Toon Link? But he's better than regular Link. He's actually mobile and has an effective Boomerang.
Old 07-21-2012

Location: Next to a Blonde and a Brunette, just another morning for Duke Devlin.
Blurb: Super High-School Level Historian

More Kid Icarus: Magnus and Paulentena
Also Gohr or whatever his name is from f-zero, Ridley and maybe Erikia and Ephraim.
Old 07-24-2012
Not a Moderator

Blurb: KRILLIN!
Send a message via MSN to eternity

Did my post not happen the first time? Ah, well. I'll simply say it again.

Personally, I would like to see some dragons from Fire Emblem appear. We have yet to see any. I know they pick main characters for Smash Brothers, but it'd be nice to see some extra characters, too.
Old 07-25-2012

Blurb: Finally at rest, the loving king

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/02...re-characters/
Old 08-07-2012

Blurb: My friends are mah power.
Send a message via AIM to Anixe

lololololol they should have liek Cloud in the next game lololololol

... just kidding.

But anyway, regarding that article, I think he means that they are going to replace some of the characters with new ones that either have the same kind of fighting style OR really just nerf or buff the current list.

Whatever the case, I'm actually okay with the roster as it is and kind of agree that it does not need new characters. But if I had to choose, I would imagine more of the new Pokemans, or at least one other third-party character. With that being said, I'm hoping for some kind of Square Enix one or other JRPG.

Oh and actually make Isaac from Golden Sun playable plx. c:
Old 10-22-2012

Blurb: The YGO Marathon was ace. <3

Mudkip.
Old 10-22-2012

Blurb: The world is what you make of it.

I would love it if they had Ghirahim in the game.
Old 04-24-2013

Blurb: F**K DINOSAURS!!!

we can pretty much expect Chrom to be in the next one unless some other Fire Emblem game is released by that point.
Old 04-24-2013
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

Chrom is such a boring character though.
Old 04-26-2013

Location: Next to a Blonde and a Brunette, just another morning for Duke Devlin.

We need more fire emblem reps. Idealy the third FE rep for me would be Ephraim, but that would never happen unless they have room for 6 FE reps :P

I want Shulk more and more. Lots of people want him and he would make a good character.
Old 04-26-2013
Whiskey Icarus

Hector gets my vote forever for a fire emblem rep. I just want to be able to fly around with his axe helicopter and smack people with the Wolf Beil.

Who is Shulk?
Old 04-26-2013

Shulk is the guy from Xenoblade
Old 04-26-2013
Whiskey Icarus

I've been meaning to play that game, but I've never gotten around to it.
Old 04-27-2013

You should, it's great.
Old 04-27-2013

Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985

Speaking as a gamer, a game master, and a programmer, there are some things that have occurred to me that make some things... unlikely.

Fist and most obvious: manaketes from Fire Emblem and Ridley from the Metroid series.
The reasoning behind this is quite simple. They're too big. Manaketes might be good for characters in their human form, but every form of attack has them transforming. And Ridley is, and always will be, a boss monster big enough to take up a stage. The only time anyone's ever been able to play something like that is with a smash ball for either the Fox/Falco/Wolf trio or Bowser, the latter of which would probably be more comparable to what people would be playing (though in this case, they'd be playing it all the time). Another good reason these probably won't show up is the attacks. Most FE representatives so far have essentially been regular fighting game characters with exceptional fighting game moves revolving mostly around their weapons. For Manaketes, that weapon is the ability to turn into a dragon, which when you think about it would just end up giving you Charizard without Ivysaur or Squirtle with no Smash Ball attack. Ridley, on the other hand, has an abundance of move potential, but coupled with his size, any speed faster than Ganondorf would quickly make the character a moving version of the Homerun Bat. It would be like making the Master Hand a playable character.

King K. Rool just isn't his own character. Yes, big villains like Bowser, Ganondorf, and even Dedede have worked out, but that's because they all have staying power, a built in moveset from their games, and an established personality that sets them apart from all of the other enemies in their games. Bowser is the mean-spirited conqueror who's constantly trying to take Princess Peach and the Mushroom Kingdom. Ganondorf is the evil mastermind behind the coup against the Kingdom of Hyrule in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Dedede is the bumbling and conceited ruler who's usually just trying to get a better hold on his rule. K. Rool.... Doesn't have that. His identity never stays constant or develops much. There may be one game where he's rather memorable, but there's not much to work with. Any work with K. Rool would be a pretty big jump and a pretty big risk.

Isaac would be a pretty good fit for the game, but unless there's plans to release another game after Dark Dawn, the game that brought Golden Sun's breakout popularity crashing harder than the Sega CD. Without another release or a port to the Wii U or 3DS, Golden Sun is as far removed from Nintendo as Final Fantasy: great memories, but ultimately not there anymore. A pity because I personally liked Golden Sun and believe it would be easy to build a moveset for Isaac

Shulk, Chrom, and Ghirahim are much more probable. Xenogear isn't quite as well known, but the game, story, and characters are solid enough to promote. Chrom is a viable replacement for Marth (even in-universe apparently), and Ghirahim is a memorable and popular villain, much like Ganondorf but with his own identity.

Giovanni isn't likely, though a Pokemon Gym stage would be pretty awesome. Mewtwo returning would be welcome, but I would anticipate losing Lucario and getting someone else entirely. Again. I'd go for Zoroark, but there's always the next generation this fall that could give us something.

Bomberman would be pretty nice. In a decision between him and Sonic, though, I'm for Sonic.

Killshot, no offense so far, but most of it's just not gonna happen. Maybe they'll get rid of Ice Climbers and Olimar, maybe they'll change Ganondorf and Wolf, maybe they'll add a support for Andy and add Trix as a character (yes, there's a shot for Trixie), and God willing they'll get the licensing to add the blue bomber. Most of it's unlikely, but those are the parts I'd like to see as well.

Characters from TWEWY suffer just as much as Megaman and Isaac from licensing red tape. Not that Nintendo hasn't pulled this off before with Solid Snake (very nice of Kojima for old times' sake), but TWEWY in particular recently was picked up for third party characters by Square Enix for Kingdom Hearts. I don't know whether they'll keep them, but it makes things complicated.

Slayer is right. Nobody likes Raiden.

Omni, a Phoenix Wright trophy wouldn't be too far fetched. The character himself would be.

Majora's Mask Link... would be a decent idea if Link himself wasn't already as versatile without transformations.

I won't dignify other suggestions by mentioning them, but finally we have Rayman. ... I don't think that Rayman will show up. I don't have a problem with him. I think he has a clearly defined character that could fit. I don't think Nintendo will have trouble getting rights to use him. I could come up with a moveset for Rayman right now. Sure it would be based on Rayman 2 for the PS2, but it would work. The problem with Rayman is that I just don't think he's popular enough. Sure he has the games, but he has no audience. He's not like Mario, Sonic, Yoshi, Link, Kirby, and Donkey, who have audiences for their legacy games. He's not like Snake, Marth, and Ike, who have their own target audiences. He's been passed around about as much as non-DK Rareware properties and hasn't really drawn as much of a crowd. In that respect, he's kind of like Olimar and ROB, only Nintendo doesn't own him and they don't make that much money by promoting him. I absolutely love the character, but I just don't think that he's going to show.

And there you have my opinion on everything we've got so far. Yes, KS will probably be mad about my diametrically opposite position on Meta Knight, Yoshi, Falco, and especially Sonic (I admit the last one is because I'm a fanboy and love odd movesets like his, but I like to point out that that's the point of having other characters in SSB). All in all, most of what people said they wanted was pretty cool (apart from Optimus Prime and Sora (please kill the people who suggested those (for their own good))), but some just have their basic problems.

EDIT: With the announcement that Nintendo will be co-producing this game with Project Sora from Kid Icarus: Uprising fame and NAMCO BANDAI, I'd like to say that whatever does happen with characters, it's really going to be the new aspects of the game that blow you all away. I anticipate great and fantastic change coming to E3 2013.

Last edited by gwtyler1985; 04-27-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-28-2013
Whiskey Icarus

Speaking as a gamer, an astronaut, and another qualification that doesn't really apply here, I agree with many of your opinions, but think you are missing the point of the thread. I don't believe anyone here actually thinks they could or even should implement half the things that are being talked about. Most of this is just fan wankery that has no basis in reality.

I had to scroll back and see if anyone had actually suggested manaketes. This is just ridiculous. It would make for an awesome assist trophy though.

Last edited by killshot; 04-28-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-11-2013

Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985

Due to new revelations today, I would like to voice my hopes that there is a Protoman assist trophy.
Old 06-20-2013

Send a message via MSN to Ave

I'm more of a Bass guy, myself. But either would be welcome.
Old 06-20-2013

Sonic, Skull Kid, Ridley, Geno, Bomberman, Skyward Sword Zelda, Professor Layton, and Ghirahim..
Old 06-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwtyler1985 View Post
Due to new revelations today, I would like to voice my hopes that there is a Protoman assist trophy.
Only assist trophy I want is the chickens from zelda.
Old 06-24-2013

I made my own roster for SSB4

I know Layton is pushing it, but I couldn't resist adding him in:3
Old 06-24-2013

Send a message via MSN to Ninjasplaycardgames2 Send a message via Yahoo to Ninjasplaycardgames2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily x View Post
I made my own roster for SSB4

I know Layton is pushing it, but I couldn't resist adding him in:3
No Black Shadow ?
Old 06-24-2013
Whiskey Icarus

Who?
Old 06-24-2013

Send a message via MSN to Ninjasplaycardgames2 Send a message via Yahoo to Ninjasplaycardgames2