This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Anime/Manga

Old 01-18-2015

Blurb: "Subete ga Barian sekai no tame ni"

Dark Yuuya!
Old 01-18-2015

Blurb: Oh no, too many children's card games!

Waiting for the dub to start to see which version I prefer.
Old 04-05-2015

Guess who's back? =D

Last edited by AzzyFox; 04-06-2015 at 02:10 AM.
Old 04-06-2015

JACK ATLAS.
Old 04-19-2015

I'm super excited for the events to come.

Yuya, some of his friends, and a couple strangers who are all on the same side (except one, presumably a double agent) have been drafted by Reiji to become a team, the Lancers, with the purpose of countering attacks from other dimensions, and Reiji is going to bring everyone with him to other worlds, starting with New Domino City, the Synchro World.

I'm guessing this is where Jack Atlas comes into play, and it's known that Yugo (Yuya's Synchro counterpart) is from this world, but the question is this:
Is this an AU New Domino City and not the one from 5D's? Because there's been mention of Jack and Crow, but none of Yusei. The popular theory is that, in this AU world, Yugo fills Yusei's spot. The show is giving off a bit of a Kamen Rider Decade vibe.

Either way, I'm psyched. ARC-V is quite the anniversary celebration.

Last edited by AzzyFox; 04-19-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-03-2015

Oh, heck yes.

This show has gone full-on 5D's now. As soon as we get into Episode 54, we catch up with Yuzu and Yugo, who get caught up in a Turbo Duel against Security.

The intro narration has changed from Action Duel to the 5D's style intro that talks about Turbo Duels.

Not to mention they changed quite a number of scenes in the opening theme itself, adding in several bits with Crow and Jack Atlas, the latter of whom is no longer just a silhouette at the end.

All aboard the hype train! ...Err...motorcycle.

Last edited by AzzyFox; 05-03-2015 at 04:03 AM.
Old 05-03-2015

CARDAGAMES ON MOTORYCLES.

Sorry, I had to.
Old 07-08-2015

Soon... Very soon...
Card Games on Motorcycles shall return!

Old 07-09-2015

And then we'll see Yuuya on motorcycle.
Old 08-15-2015

Apparently when you lose in the Friendship Cup in the Synchro World, you're sent off to do manual labor in the city underground.

Pfft. And the Lancers are trying to protect these people.
Old 08-15-2015

Where's Yuusei when you need him?
Old 09-24-2015

The story thus far:

-Losing in the Friendship Cup does indeed get you tossed into the underground where you're forced to sort through trash for the rest of your life. And the citizens of the city are disturbingly okay with this law.

-Yugo is definitely this AU world's Yusei. During his duel with Shingo, he did the Yusei thing where he strung together a combo in his mind.

-Jean-Michel Roger, the head of Security, is an Academia (Fusion World) spy. He has a Synchro World criminal named Sergey working for him, and no one saw how Sergey won his first duel, but he absolutely dominated his opponent, taking out all his Life Points in a single turn. I believe Sergey's next opponent is Yuzu. I feel sorry for her already.

-The notable characters who have already been sent underground are Chojiro, Tsukikage, Shingo, and Noboru. Tsukikage, being a ninja, is able to sneak out and inform Reiji of all the gossip. Reiji still needs him to act as his informant.

-Dennis revealed his true nature as an Academia spy during his duel with Shun, which concludes in the next episode this weekend. Dennis is an expert with his Extra Deck, as he was able to chain together a process by which he could sacrifice his Xyz Monsters to summon four Fusion Monsters to then fuse into Ancient Gear Chaos Giant. Shun definitely has his work cut out for him, as Chaos Giant is one of Academia's best monsters, and one of the monsters who helped destroy Heartland, Shun's home.

I'm just glad Dennis finally dropped the act. Clearly, both Reiji and Shun suspected him. I hope Shun beats him and sends him underground. He definitely won't stay down there since he's a villain but it'll be fun to see him get tossed down there nevertheless.
Old 10-03-2015

I'm surprised, Azzy is here. I actually came here because of Arc-V TAS partially, so this is pretty nice.
I'm happy that Azzy's keeping this thread alive because I would've started sobbing on the floor if nobody had been talking about Arc-V because HOLY, this series is awesome! It's actually my second favourite after GX.
I'm extremely interested in the background of Yuya's (and the other Yu's) berserk mode and the unknown darkness that resides within Yuya.
Still there are many questions from the beginning that haven't been answered so far and I'm looking forward to see how they'll be answered..
Strangely, Yuya didn't remember anything after his first pendulum summon, leading me to ask what the powers of that pendulum that he wears around his neck actually are. After all, it created pendulum cards out of nowhere.
It didn't surprise me that Shun won the duel against Dennis, although I wonder how Reiji managed to get that 'turning people into cards' mechanism out of Shun's duel disk - technology whiz much? Wouldn't surprise me if Reiji actually implemented it into his own duel disk.
Anyway, I'm so looking forward to tomorrow's episode! Anyone know where it gets uploaded first?

P.S.: Arc-V TAS Episode 11 was awesome, too x)
Old 10-03-2015

I don't wanna be the ONLY person keeping this thread alive. Come on, no Yu-Gi-Oh discussion in a Yu-Gi-Oh forum? That's absurd. =P
But thank you, Judai!

And yeah, one of the biggest things I'd like to see revealed is exactly what sort of dark demon is residing within Yuya and how it's affecting him and his three counterparts.

If you're curious about the newest episodes, I tend to catch them on Livestream right when they're airing on TV. Granted, I have to stay awake at night to catch the stream at 3:30 AM CST but it's worth it. =P

You can typically find stream advertisements on Tumblr using the "arc-v" tag.

I watch the episodes on gogoanime.tv once they've been subtitled.
Old 10-03-2015

I would post here, but I'm watching the dub, which is only 9 episodes in, so there isn't much to contribute.

"Oh, hey guys who are 70 episodes ahead of me, I wonder how this minor plot element will turn out over the next few episodes, but no spoilers."

It doesn't seem to make entirely engaging conversation. Well, that's what you get when a show doesn't get dubbed until a year after it first came out.

The dub's pretty good. I mean, it's not amazing, but the english theme is cool, and it's nowhere near as bad as ZeXal's.
Old 10-03-2015

@ Azzy: My thoughts exactly, that's why I came here (To get my lame on! ..wait, that was wrong). Honestly, I was surprised about how dead this forum is. But hey, we can revive it! (Or not, but hey.. if we can't, I can still spam you at tumblr, because that's what bored people do).

I'm also interested in how exactly Yuzu's counterparts' bracelets work. Like, whether they work the same way as her own bracelet does or differently. In general, the whole Yuzu-Yuya connection seems to have some deeper meaning.
Although I'm really interested in whether Selena and Yuri have a history together or not, since they are the fusion counterparts and all.
Honestly, one week of waiting is too much for me. xD

Oh my god. Thank you for this. So much. Well, for me, 3:30 AM is 10:30 AM, so I guess I'm kinda lucky (This is the first time it doesn't suck to live in Europe, honestly).

And lol, the tumblr solution totally just blew my mind. I rarely use tumblr and if I do, I kinda do it to.. stalk you/Arc-V Abridged in general or to look for Arc-V/GX fanart.
So thanks for that.

/edit: LOL WE JUST REVIVED IT

Anyway, @ SupermewX300: Well, I honestly didn't try the dub yet, but, tell me one thing: Is it like GX dub or better?
Old 10-03-2015

I have blacklisted the dub ever since Episode 2. 4Kids seems bent on stripping the original version of as much dignity and integrity as possible. Let me give a few reasons why:

-Noboru Gongenzaka was renamed to Gong Strong. This is not even a real name. Furthermore, just because he has a pompadour hairstyle, they gave him an Elvis voice and made him address himself in the third person, even though he's clearly supposed to be the militant and disciplined samurai-esque fighter who reflects traditional Japanese values. I can't take Gong Strong seriously.

-Yuzu Hiragi was renamed to Zuzu Boyle. I bet 4Kids was thinking, "Oh, hey, let's call her Zuzu Boyle because it sounds like Susan Boyle because Yuzu uses music-themed cards." Yet another reference to a famous person that has no relevance whatsoever to this show. And "Zuzu" is a nickname you give your dog or a younger girl, not an actual name. Why can't they just keep the actual names of these characters?

-Strong Ishijima's name transition to The Sledgehammer was not bad. What's bad is that they gave him an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice. Why do they keep projecting references to famous people onto these characters? They have no identities of their own.

-They made the mistake of using Yuya's VA to voice his younger self, and it sounds embarrassing.

-Futoshi, now renamed Frederick, sounds like an adult German man. I could excuse the German accent if he at least sounded like a child, but it seems like 4Kids took one look at this character and just shrugged their shoulders.

-They've been reusing the same voice actors for everything lately. All the females from ARC-V and Zexal sound exactly the same.

I'm sticking with the Japanese dub--it's far more compelling, has immensely better music, doesn't make a complete mockery of itself, and doesn't make me cringe.
Old 10-03-2015

4kids or whoever they are now will never learn, after what they did to GX I thought they'd learn but.. no.

- Well, they DID write Gongenzaka's dub name on his sash.. oh wait, that was the abridged series. x)
Yeah, when I heard of the dub name change for him, I was kinda.. disturbed, too. And what the hell, he's addressing himself in third person? Just what.

- I didn't know about the Susan Boyle reference but somehow, this just made it a gazillion times worse. Yeah, to me, "Zuzu" sounds kinda inappropriate, too. (And hey, so did "Adrian Gecko".. and Bastion Misawa.)

- So, I honestly realize I'm really glad to have no real knowledge about famous people because this prevents me from crying about the dub even more than I am right now. I didn't know there were THAT many references, but this explains the overall dislike for the dub even more (I always disliked it because story bits tended to get omitted and because people got "sent to the stars/the shadow realm").

- About Futoshi.. *listens into it quickly* Oh god. As a German, I am currently torn between shame and pain. Typical 4kids not thinking things through at all. But heeeey we have the abridged series.

- I didn't watch the ZEXAL dub but I know the phenomenon because of other series. So yeah, we do have good reasons to dislike the dub indeed. xD

*recommends everyone to watch the sub because we are 70 episodes ahead of the dub anyway*

About music, Azzy.. You're so right there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgsgGMaxoyo Just for this song, the japanese version is always better. <3
Old 10-03-2015

If you want to know what I meant about the music, watch this scene from Episode 51 when Yuya completely goes into rage mode to try and defend his point.
https://youtu.be/SL78AhaEDLw?t=3m3s
It's one of the most perfect fits between scene and music I've seen in this series. I'm honestly scared of what 4Kids will do when they get to this moment. XD

But yes, the rest of the music in this series is great.
Old 10-03-2015

Honestly, noticing that, I'm kind of scared of the future now, too. 4kids will probably manage to tear everything we love into pieces. xD
I hope 4kids just keeps some of the original soundtra-- *gets hit by a brick with the letters '4kids' on it* nvm. They won't.

Well, anyway, I still think that Arc-V (let's ignore the 4kids dub and pretend it never happened) is one of the best YGO series so far.. mainly because Yuya has a reasonable character development and because Yuzu isn't useless. xD
I do miss Yuto, though ; ;
Old 10-03-2015

Oh yes, it can get very embarassig at times, but at least it's watchable. I'd rather not NEED to watch with subs like I had to with ZeXal. It almost made me not want to finish the series and fall in love with it. But I should have a look at the Japanese music.
Old 10-03-2015

ARC-V is by far my favorite series thus far, and I can say that with confidence.

The main reason I jumped into abridging it as soon as it first debuted was because I wanted to be the first to do so; I didn't want to be compared to anybody. But after staying with the series since the beginning, I'm pleased with how well Yuya as a character resonates with me. I'm a lot like him--we both just want to make people smile and laugh. We don't duel for the intense competition, we just want to have fun.

And I adore that ARC-V is an homage series that pays tribute to everything that came before it. That's why I've been sneaking in cameos from past characters in my abridged series now and then. ;)
Old 10-03-2015

For me, as my user name and my avatar may indicate, my favourite is GX because of.. well, Judai. But Arc-V is really close after that. I had left the YGO community in general for a long time, but GX (japanese dub) and Arc-V (obviously in japanese, too).. and actually the Abridged series, too.. kinda brought me back in here. xD

Honestly I'm glad that you did it - for reasons that I've told you at tumblr already anyway. xD
And your Abridged series turned out to be really good, too, so I think it was worth it. (Circus Hitler ftw! Screw 4kids for lengthening the moustache!)

I like Yuya's philosophy a lot, especially because it's different from the usual huge amount of really serious characters in YGO series.

Yeah, I like the way that ARC-V connects everything. Especially because it's not 'only synchro' or 'only xyz' like 5D's and ZEXAL (well they DID have fusion monsters, but only on rare occasions). I love how everything gets equal attention in ARC-V, making it a really colourful series (literally. XD).

And, again, I just gotta say it: Those cameos were hilarious.
Old 10-03-2015

I'm definitely eager to see if Yuya's philosophy connects at all with the people of the Synchro World. It's quite obvious the chances of that are extremely slim.
Old 10-03-2015

"Extremely" is a nice expression for how slim it actually is, honestly.
After the last episode and the executive council's attitude, I kind of doubt it, to be honest. What I'm looking forward to is what would happen in case Yugo and Yuya were to duel, because that'd totally scream for berserk Yuya and character development.
Old 10-03-2015

Arc-V Abridged episode 11 was good.
Old 10-03-2015

^ Thank you. =)
Old 10-04-2015

So, the last episode was kind of.. huh. SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 76 BELOW.

We have a new opening and it's awesome, we have some more Yuri in there, too. So we can expect to see more of him in the future - and I honestly appreciate that.
Sadly, half of the episode was recap, and we all know how useful recap is: Not. At. All.
The other half was actual plot. We've seen the executive council being useless as always and Reiji being badass.
But the most interesting part was Sora saving Dennis and sending him back to Academia. From what my broken Japanese tells me, Sora said something about that it's his mission to get Serena out of there. Seems good and sounds like action.
Next episode, we have Sergey vs. Yuzu. She's so not gonna make it.
Old 10-04-2015

I was getting so mad last night over the episode being half clip show. XD

Nice to see that FINALLY Academia is trying to make their move on the Synchro Dimension. The council members are idiots for thinking they can just ignore the interdimensional war; now the war is coming straight to them.
Old 10-04-2015

Let's take the time to appreciate this wonderful picture from the new ending.
Honestly, everything about it was perfect.