This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2009

Naruto= Waaay too many Fillers.
Pokemon= [To what Mullon said]
Yu-Gi-Oh= I loved the first season..GX just killed it for me.
Old 01-30-2009
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

Elfen Lied

Srsly... After episode... 5, I just got fed up with it and... after episode 7 I gave up...

It didn't really take my interest in the first place...
Old 01-30-2009

Inuyasha got really boring really fast. I quit watching it pretty early in the game. I cant remember exactly where.

Death Note was good until L died, it wasn't as good after that. Don't get me wrong, I still like Near and Mello, but it just wasn't the same. The end was good though.

Rurouni Kenshin was really good until after the Shishio arc. After that, it wasn't really all that entertaining.
Old 12-24-2010

Blurb: People say you can't live without love...i think oxygen is more important!
Send a message via Yahoo to RipMyHeartInTwo

Naruto to I have to say. Love Naruto but, it was just to long.
Old 12-26-2010

One would be Lucky Star, to the point of me being too unenthused to bother watching each episode for weeks at a time.

Pokemon also goes without saying. I liked it up until the Orange Islands series, but after that I just gave up trying to follow it.

Others are Dragon Ball (the original - I only ever watched Z on TV as a kid, and not consistently enough to be able to follow it), which I stopped watching after episode 10; Ookami Kakushi, which caved in on itself towards the end after initially showing some potential; and Dance in the Vampire Bund, which just started dodgy and got even worse.

I managed to sit through all 227 episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh without getting bored, funnily enough.
Old 07-14-2011

Blurb: CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!

Pokemon. The newer episodes are just terrible...
Old 07-28-2011

Naruto.... it's amazing how they can just stand there for 6-8 episodes without doing absolutely anything...... I must admit that i still watch it thought.
Avatar the last air bender is another show that i just can't stand.
Inuysaha really sucks too and Yu-Gi-oh! 5D's...... What kind of show is that?!?! i just can't stand that Yusei guy
Old 07-28-2011
Thingy

Blurb: You build a wall

It helps if you skip past all the filler. Naruto and Bleach are still ones of the best anime for me.
Old 07-30-2011
Not a Moderator

Blurb: KRILLIN!
Send a message via MSN to eternity

Lucky Star. Like some people, I couldn't get passed episode one, due to the completely stupid talk about food.
Old 07-30-2011
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

I don't think some people have grasped the concept of this thread <<

Not asking what shows you dislike, but what got worse for you after liking it >>

For me there are obvious-

=Pokemon, digimon, yu gi oh....etc but I don't count them much, because only kids shows, so interest going to disappear naturally anyway

=beach=at first, I thought was it was a really fun and harmless series but by first series conclusion I was all out of interest due to the story never really going anyway.
Old 07-30-2011

-Pokemon: Think I watched from start until...Hoenn. Johto just dragged. I liked Chronicles because it focused on other characters.

-Rosario+Vampire: Way too much fanservice. Was hoping the Ghoul related material was going to come, and it did, in the last episode.

-Inuyasha: At least they made Final Act to wrap it up.

-Bleach: Had my attention until the Bount arc.
Old 09-17-2011

Blurb: CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalystDuelist View Post
I liked Chronicles because it focused on other characters.
Chronicles was also a lot more interesting to watch than other seasons of Pokemon because of that reason.
Old 09-19-2011

Blurb: CURSES!! FOILED AGAIN!!!!!

pokemon- cuz its 14 seasons later and ash is the SAME age as when he was in the 1st season

yugioh gx- because its dum i mean who would waste money just to learn how to play a childrens card game!

yugioh zexal - ok now they are just getting desperate (no commits)
Old 09-20-2011

Blurb: "The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence"

For me, it was Rurouni Kenshin.

It was interesting and fun to watch up until he defeated that guy with all the bandages (Shishio?)

it just went downhill after that...
Old 10-28-2012

Easy: Pokemon. I have met Bill Rogers too, seems actually very friendly in comparison to many of his colleagues (especially after we're all pissed at him and the other current VAs for not even caring when the original VAs said they were all up to returning and still are refusing to leave the dub when we keep telling them they are not right for these characters), but he is, frankly, a terrible VA for Brock, Scott, Drew, and the Magikarp Salesman (no offense, I've seen his other work and he's a lot better in other anime).

The Pokemon anime is just redundancy magnified to the tenth power, the voice acting is now all around wooden for almost all of the main characters with the exceptions of Dawn in DP and Cilan in BW, and Ash's regression in BW is the nail in the coffin. It was getting awful since Season 9, but now it's just obvious it's being milked since Season 14 (ironically the VA work was somewhat improved when BW started, but then went straight back down to DP standards in Season 15...what a disappointment). My course with the dub is now officially over (dunno how I withstood the bad dubbing for seven years).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLilithborne View Post
Pokemon has stood out as being the cosmic anomaly of a show that got worse when 4Kids stopped doing it.
Ironic, isn't it? It's possibly my worst dub ever, and it's not even 4Kids to blame! O_O

Last edited by PokeyugDB; 10-28-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-28-2012

Blurb: The world is what you make of it.

Pokemon
Old 10-28-2012
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

Congrats for bumping a year old thread to remind everyone that Pokemon is not as cool now as it was when you were 10.
Old 10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot View Post
Congrats for bumping a year old thread to remind everyone that Pokemon is not as cool now as it was when you were 10.
It got worse after Misty Left if you ask me.
Old 11-21-2012

Blurb: I have a manly scar all the way down the side of my face.
Send a message via MSN to Florence The Thief

I'd say there's a few.

Pokemon: I was never much into playing the game, but I liked collecting the cards, and watching the anime. I liked it up until season 5. Once they started the Advance Generation and above I didn't care for it much anymore. I still watched the movies though, because I liked them. I stopped collecting the new cards, watching the anime, and playing the new video games after that point though.

Digimon: I liked Digimon up until Frontier. I liked the original a lot and I thought the armor stuff was cool and all that from season 2. I even thought the card swiping and bio-merging from Tamers was cool. But when the Tamers were ACTUALLY turning into the Digimon in Frontier is where they lost me. Although, I guess Data Squad wasn't too bad. Still not my favorite though.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The original Yu-Gi-Oh! was awesome. Even the dub had its moments. I've seen every episode at least twice and even Capsule Monsters. Which wasn't too bad. I still play the card game (only old school though) and collect the cards. And play some of the older games depending. The original Yu-Gi-Oh! (and the Bonds Beyond Time movie) at this point is where my interest ends, however. I really didn't like GX back in the day, but now seeing 5Ds and Zexal, GX looks amazing in comparison.

Dragon Ball: I never got into the original DB that much. It's probably pretty good, I just haven't had the ambition to sit down and watch it from start to finish. Dragon Ball Z, however, I love to death. I find that show to be amazing. Even despite its issues. I think Dragon Ball GT wasn't as good as DBZ, but it still kicked ass. Without it we wouldn't have SSJ4. The only real issue I have with DBGT is that we had an adult Goten and Trunks, but we never got to see what an adult Gotensks would have looked like. And I think that would have been cool. Finally, DBZ Kai. I'm not a huge fan of Kai. I'm more of an original DBZ fan, however, Kai does have some good points over DBZ (consistent voice acting being a big one), but I didn't like the fact the Kai didn't have a Buu saga. Although, I hear that they'll be making one. So I guess that'll take that complaint of my list. But I'll wait until I see it before I'm totally okay with it.

Well, that's all that I can think of for now.

Last edited by Florence The Thief; 12-13-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-12-2012
Destroyer of TV Tropes, Liberator of the Masses

Blurb: Hop into Gamertoads over on youtube
Hitsugaya

Beyblade, English dub of season 1, it still has it's moments but...ow, my ears.
Old 03-06-2013

DarkPhoenix, oh my days Beyblade English Dub of season 1 is amazing. The start of the European tournament has some classic quotes. "The blade breakers are at my mercy, unfortunately for them, I have NO MERCY!!! (3 second pause) NO MERCY AT ALL!!!"" It's all on Netflix at the moment!!
Old 06-09-2013
Banned

Location: In a realm much like this one, but torn asunder by the agonized screams of those that defied me
Blurb: Your fear fuels my destiny of power and vengeance. Fear me!

Had I derived enjoyment from such things in a bygone age, perhaps I would understand your mortal emotions. Yet there was no animation with me when I first crawled upon this land at the dawn of time, so I cannot understand your passions. All other powers are at my behest, but alas, empathy was only a fleeting dream.
Old 10-31-2013

Blurb: Oh no, too many children's card games!

Whenever Bleach gets to filler (either episodes or arcs). Which is infuriating because I love the proper episodes.
Old 11-08-2013

Blurb: 50 cent gave you 50 cents because he's 50 cent (Trademark)

Naruto. But I akways go back to watch the amazing fights. Like Naruto vs Pain.
Old 11-08-2013

Inuyasha and Deathnote