This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Forum Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011
Deputy Executive Assistant Moderator; Chimera Ant Queen; SallylamiGami; Leasee

Blurb: Happily married since 10/19/2013

Also I will start deleting posts that don't drop it.

Recoil may continue as normal.
Old 06-11-2011
Banned

I'm fine with dropping it. But the offensive posts should ALL be deleted.
Old 06-11-2011
BANNEDARCHER!

Location: From the United Kingdom I'm looking for him. I'm going to California~
Blurb: Fool!

On top of what Sally said...Reborn, kindly shut up. >:V
Old 06-11-2011

Location: Previously Uranus; Relocated to Neptune; Then dragged against my will to Pluto
Blurb: This is pathetic and sardonic. It's sadistic and psychotic..

Yami, I suggest you add dah to your ignore list.
Old 06-11-2011
Banned

Seriously, all the offensive posts need to be deleted. My post defending myself was deleted, so all the ones with people insulting me should be deleted too. It's not right to just punish one person who was only defending themselves.

And Mystical, I don't put people on Ignore. If she's calling me slurs, I want to be aware of it so I can report her. I don't want to live in ignorance while people do those things. Besides, it's silly to ignore other people playing the same game as me.O_o
Old 06-11-2011

Blurb: My sexual preference is often.

I'm a little upset right now. I won't be on for the rest of the day, lest I say something regrettable.

Continue recoil without me.
Old 06-11-2011
Banned

Recoil is the problem.-.- Once people have nothing more to say about the game, things like this tend to happen. It's been the case in all of the past rounds.
Old 06-11-2011

Blurb: Anon, do you have a moment to talk about Jesus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiChan View Post
Recoil is the problem.-.- Once people have nothing more to say about the game, things like this tend to happen. It's been the case in all of the past rounds.
...Since you've came here.

Don't you think it's ODD that people typically don't fight with each other, but rather, fight with you?
Old 06-11-2011

Quote:
Seriously, all the offensive posts need to be deleted. My post defending myself was deleted, so all the ones with people insulting me should be deleted too. It's not right to just punish one person who was only defending themselves.
Dahguvik did not call you a faggot. He posted that picture replying to OverMind, whom he also did not really call a faggot but was just playing around.

I repeat, he did not call you a faggot. Now we're done, for real.
Old 06-11-2011
Banned

I never start these fights. Things were going just fine until YOU made that rude comment. I hadn't done anything to anyone, yet you felt the need to take a shot at me. It's stupid that all this drama exists because I won the game my first round.

Sally, I did not say he did in my post. However, Dahguvik DID call me that, in my Death Note Mafia thread. It was deleted along with all those other posts. And regardless, slurs are slurs.
Old 06-11-2011

Quote:
I never start these fights. Things were going just fine until YOU made that rude comment. I hadn't done anything to anyone, yet you felt the need to take a shot at me. It's stupid that all this drama exists because I won the game my first round.
I told you we're done.

HolyShadow, you drop it too. I don't care who's right. Just drop it.
Old 06-11-2011

Quote:
Sally, I did not say he did in my post. However, Dahguvik DID call me that, in my Death Note Mafia thread. It was deleted along with all those other posts. And regardless, slurs are slurs.
And he was banned for it, for one whole day. Isolate the incidents, that event is no longer an issue.
Old 06-11-2011
Banned

I made my post at the same time you made yours, that's all. I've already PMed you and told you my thoughts about that ban.
Old 06-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSallyBakura View Post
I told you we're done.

HolyShadow, you drop it too. I don't care who's right. Just drop it.
Understood.
Old 06-11-2011

Location: Previously Uranus; Relocated to Neptune; Then dragged against my will to Pluto
Blurb: This is pathetic and sardonic. It's sadistic and psychotic..

Quote:
Dahguvik did not call you a faggot. He posted that picture replying to OverMind, whom he also did not really call a faggot but was just playing around.

I repeat, he did not call you a faggot. Now we're done, for real.
It's still offensive, Sally. If someone came in here and started dropping the n-bomb or any other racial slur, I'm sure it would have been handled differently.
Homophobic and racist slurs should be dealt with in the same way. It IS offensive and it does make people feel uncomfortable. I'm sure you wouldn't walk up to a gay person, call them that, and expect them to laugh. And it really bothers me that the mods are ignoring homophobic remarks. 'Cause frankly, it's making me feel very uncomfortable and I am offended.
Old 06-11-2011
Boss

You offend me on an almost hourly basis. Grow up and deal with it.
Old 06-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
It's still offensive, Sally. If someone came in here and started dropping the n-bomb or any other racial slur, I'm sure it would have been handled differently.
Homophobic and racist slurs should be dealt in the same way. It IS offensive and it does make people feel uncomfortable. I'm sure you wouldn't walk up to a gay person, call them that, and expect them to laugh. And it really bothers me that the mods are ignoring homophobic remarks. 'Cause frankly, it's making me feel very uncomfortable and I am offended.
I understand what you are saying, and you're right no one would go up to a gay person and call them faggot and expect a good reaction, nor an African American about the n-word.

The thing is that on the Internet, and on the forum too, we have been tossing around both of those words and used them as Internet memes and jokes. In a serious context, yes those words would be considered very insulting and punishable. Same with the word rape. But neither faggot or the n-word are punishable in a joking context on this forum.

No one is asking anyone to feel comfortable about the use of those words. For a long time people have tossed around the word "rape" and I felt very uncomfortable about it. But in the past those words have not been punishable except in a very serious context, so I don't see any particular reason to start now.

I'm sorry if this was not the answer you were looking for, but rules are rules. And honestly as a moderator, sometimes I have to abide by rules or live with exceptions that I don't agree with simply because I'm not here to change the culture, I'm here to keep the forum clean as much as possible, and what that means depends on the rules. I'm not going to start deleting posts I am uncomfortable with simply because. The people making those posts would actually have to have caused real trouble, and that would be up to moderators' discretion.
Old 06-11-2011
The Foreskin Queen Deserving of a rest

Blurb: <3<3<3 Rebbie
Send a message via MSN to TPishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
I'm sure you wouldn't walk up to a gay person, call them that, and expect them to laugh.
I do that several times a day lol.
Old 06-11-2011
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMind View Post
Curious; most people had fun this round, right?

Obviously the mob lost, but did you guys enjoy the round regardless? There were a lot of new players and I want to hear their opinions.
=despite certain things, i enjoyed it and glad finally shown how easy it is for town to win

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0mnislash17 View Post
Nonsense, we had an amazing night together!
Does this make sally the black widow???

Quote:
I wasn't even on the computer during night phase of turn 3 because I thought I was already dead. What happened exactly with Chaos_Soul anyways? I know the Mafia had him figured out as the Angel.
Yami controlled chaos into killing himself as a proxy.....knowing you were mob, more of her cheating basically -_-

on the gay front, though little off topic, can i say as someone who is friends with several people of a hemosexual demeanour, i can say they are more offended that people think they have no humour about themselves, than are by words like fag, same way all my many international friends hate being sterotpyed as unable to take racial jokes <<
Old 06-11-2011
Banned

Mystical is right. It doesn't matter if it was intended to be a joke. The word is a slur against gay people. It can and has made people feel uncomforatble. There are just some words that should NEVER be used, and slurs fall into that category. Even if the person who made the comment is not punished, the post containing it should be deleted. It makes people uncomfortable, and it's a really terrible word. Isn't that the point of having rules? What do you think it says that stuff like that is allowed. No one should be given free reign to throw that word around whenever they feel like it.

Also, don't listen to Fared. He's been lying about what happened with Chaos for a while now. It's not true.
Old 06-11-2011
BANNEDARCHER!

Location: From the United Kingdom I'm looking for him. I'm going to California~
Blurb: Fool!

Fared, the situation concerning the Angel has long since been resolved and there were no hard feelings, so it does not bear worth mentioning.
Old 06-11-2011

Quote:
Mystical is right. It doesn't matter if it was intended to be a joke. The word is a slur against gay people. It can and has made people feel uncomforatble. There are just some words that should NEVER be used, and slurs fall into that category. Even if the person who made the comment is not punished, the post containing it should be deleted. It makes people uncomfortable, and it's a really terrible word. Isn't that the point of having rules? What do you think it says that stuff like that is allowed. No one should be given free reign to throw that word around whenever they feel like it.
Sorry, but we've never punished people in the past just for saying uncomfortable things before.

I don't even delete posts that I personally find uncomfortable. I am offended by other words that people say on this site but I don't delete them or demand that there be a rule saying that no one should be allowed to say them.

This is my final choice and nothing that anyone says can influence me otherwise.
Old 06-11-2011
Banned

Hey, what happened to my post? There was nothing bad in it.O_o All I did was say that of course there wouldn't be hard feelings over the Chaos thing, because it had all been a misunderstanding. And that the post should be deleted if people are uncomforatble. I'm not sure what the problem is.O_o
Old 06-11-2011
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarcher View Post
Fared, the situation concerning the Angel has long since been resolved and there were no hard feelings, so it does not bear worth mentioning.
well yami's conduct throughout this round has left a really bad taste in my mouth (which made only worse as she has done things, which she previously really criticised others for, only she did it worse) so guess whole situration is bugging me, but this is overminds game, so i guess if he is not going to take action, nothing I can do about that, so I will hold off.
Old 06-11-2011
Banned

I'm on his ignore list, so he doesn't really know anything about the situation. It's already been resolved.-.- How many times do people have to say it.

Also, the person who keeps bothering me needs to stop, like a mod asked.
Old 06-11-2011

Quote:
Hey, what happened to my post? There was nothing bad in it.O_o All I did was say that of course there wouldn't be hard feelings over the Chaos thing, because it had all been a misunderstanding. And that the post should be deleted if people are uncomforatble. I'm not sure what the problem is.O_o
You responded to a post that got deleted, lol.

And that's not what you said.
Old 06-11-2011

Quote:
It's because they figured I was arguing with you when I was merely attempting the acquisition of new information.

Well, they're the mods. Whatcha gonna do? I agree with their wisdom, whatever it may be.

...Well. I suppose we can talk via pm to sort out our issues, if you're up to it.
Old 06-11-2011

Quote:
You responded to a post that got deleted, lol.

And that's not what you said.
NEVERMIND, it's not all of what you said. My apologies.
Old 06-11-2011

Listen everyone, would it kill you to not post in here if it's not recoil-related?
Old 06-11-2011
Banned

That is what I said, though. What are you referring to?O_o My response to Holy wasn't bad either. I only said you don't have to be gay to care about gay rights and get offended by such words. That's what you meant? What's wrong with people asking stuff like that?

Recoil is dead. I did tell OverMind this.
Closed Thread