This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Books & Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2008

I thought that his vampire seris was brilliant. but i couldnt get into the demons series what do you think of his work
Old 07-27-2008

He's the best children's horror author there is. I could tell you so much about him and I would never get bored, that guy rules. But, there's already a thread for this somewhere, I'm sure, so I'm not going to.
Old 07-28-2008

not that i can fuind i think this is the only one
Old 07-28-2008

In that case, Darren Shan is amazing. His real name is Darren O'Shaughnessy, but Shan is his Pen-name. I've got all his books. He lives in Ireland, but was born in London and he has weight problems.
The Saga was pretty good, I reckon, but not all scary. The Demonata is awesome, though, and ten times better than the saga. It is seriously scary, as it says on most of the books. They're making a film of the first 3 books of the saga, and hopefully, when they've done all 4 films, they'll start on the Demonata. Darren Shan also got to go round the set of Harry Potter 5, before his film started getting underway. He was invited by the to-be producer of the Saga films and that's where he got his inspiration for Slawter. Davida Haym from Slawter, of the Demonata series, was actually named after the to-be producer. Despite the fact that Davida Haym was a woman.
Old 07-28-2008

awww there making the demon seris not the vampire seris the vampire seris was so much better
Old 07-29-2008

How much of Lord Loss did you read? I'm guessing the reason you couldn't get into the Demonata is because you couldn't be bothered to read that whole bit when Grubbs is put in a mental home. That put me off too, really.
And, they are making a film of the Saga.
Old 07-29-2008

bout half of the first book but just couldnt get into it
Old 07-30-2008

Yeah, It's because nothing really happens after his parents are killed. Until his Uncle comes along. You should carry on reading, it gets a lot more interesting.
Old 08-02-2008

"The Saga of Darren Shan" was brilliant, if a bit short. I also loved the first four books of the Demonata series... but I sort of lost interest after "Blood Beast".
Old 08-05-2008

But Blood Beast was a two-parter.... It was probably the worst book from the Demonata, the second part was pretty damn good.
Old 08-05-2008

Yes, I was aware that "Blood Beast" was the first of a two-parter. I'm not entirely sure why I was put off reading the second part but I'd say it had something to do with the cliffhanger being fairly predictable and the character of Juni (who annoyed me for some reason).

Plus, as you said, Blood Beast is probably the worst book of the Demonata series.
Old 08-05-2008

nyeh. Demon Apocolypse was good though. All the pieces of the Kah-Gash get together.
Old 08-05-2008

im sorry but all this talk about the demond series it's got to be said that the vampire (if a bit split up) was the better series
Old 08-05-2008

In terms of horror, I'd say that the Demonata was better. In terms of originality, the Saga was better.
Old 01-01-2009

I've only read the vampire series.. I haven't read the Demonata series. Is it better than the vampire series and does the main character from the vampire series star in it?
Old 01-03-2009

No, because [ the main character from the vampire series DIES at the end... ]
It's completely different in terms of storylines. it's got magic and stuff in it and it borders a fantasy series, especially in the fourth book.
Old 01-12-2009

that harsh dude that ending was epic dont give it away to people spoileriss that
Old 01-13-2009

Oh yeah... I'll edit it, sorry.
Also, yeah the ending was pretty good.
Old 04-20-2009

Cirque Du Freak is better than The Demonata, but both are amazing.
Cirque Du Freak, is WAY better than the Twillight series for several reasons which I can list if asked. I remember the first time I saw a DS book, was the first Cirque Du Freak book I got for my birthday YEARS ago. I didnt like the cover, already not liking to read. Then one night I was done with all my Louis Sacher books (favorite author as a child) I began to read it, and loved it.
:3 Then went crazy waiting for the books to come out.
Old 04-21-2009

To tell you the truth, I don't think either the Demonata nor the Darren Shan Saga is better. They've both got different, unique elements and in one of his interviews, Shan himself said that he didn't have a favourite.
I also liked how Dervish was the Mr Crepsely figure in the Demonata, according to him.