This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Serious Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2010
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Feel Good well done, you should have gold star, your right you don't live in democracy, that doesn't mean you have don't have democratic rights and doesn't main it is right to give away what little say you have, in fact, as JR brilliantly put, it means that you have even more reason to vote, if you want democracy, then have earn the right to have it, because no one is just going to give it to you and this why people who don't vote annoy me, if don't have valid reason not to vote (IE ill on day or something) these are normally the people who moan the most about not getting what want, and just expect everything to be given to them without any responsibility being placed upon them what so ever, you want change, you want fairer system and you want better candidates, get out there and earn the privilege of them, because the right to vote is not a right at all, it is privilege that many poeple have stood up and frout for, whether on battle feilds of war or in the warzones of parliament, man like Lloyd George give ungrateful generations something and all they say is, we don't want it, we want more, but we will do nothing to get more
Old 11-07-2010

Blurb: No. 8014

Personally I believe that voting is frivolous and that quite a lot of the voting population are moronic in most ways.
I wouldn't ask a common man about medicine, nor a civilian about elaborate battle strategies, so why would I ask the average people about how to run a state?
If you can get me a Candidate that says all that, I will vote for them. (But then the problem would be that others wouldn't, as society seems to believe that Democracy is the best system of the past, present, and future. If anybody suggests something alternative (Even if it's new and better), they will be labelled as "Fascist" or something...)
Until then, I will voice my dissatisfaction with current politics by protesting, letting my voice be heard in alternative ways (Non-violent ways to be precise, I don't condone violence in any way. Something my "Neutral" state needs to learn =P)
Joining in the democratic system will only show that I acknowledge it. My only wish is to stay far away from it, and it's so called "Democratic ways" (If any of you say my comment in the Lisbon Treaty thread a while ago, I mentioned how both sides were idiots and involved in Mindless propaganda... something that was unneeded, and shouldn't be utilised in a Democratic state (Which is why I disagree with it so much))

However, for those of you who whole heartivly agree with Democracy, you should totally vote. After all, you believe in it - even if I say "For some strange reason".
Go out, get your vote counted... and if you don't want to? Then you aren't exactly supporting the idea of Democracy, and should stop lying to yourself about how you believe in it =P
Old 11-07-2010

Blurb: don't pee on me and tell me it's raining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
Mystra what your saying is that you want the world to change, so long as you don't personally have to do anything to change it??????? <_< >_>
not at all. i've just never found anyone worth voting for that embodies my beliefs. there have been some that steer towards one or another but for me i just can't vote for someone if i disagree with most of what they stand for just because they stand for one thing i value.
Old 11-08-2010

Send a message via AIM to TitanAura

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarcher View Post
Except that time you misspelled it?
Yes. That was too fun to not immortalize.
Old 11-08-2010

Blurb: "The dark Hour holds your destany"
Send a message via Yahoo to Persona

I don't vote, because 1) I just don't see how it could help I mean I have heard that "Every vote counts" crap before but you know it really doesn't sometimes. I remember a few times when I watched people voting and watched the polls, it just doesn't add up sometimes. I mean, I remember at least once where someone was wining and they dropped out.....why would you spend millions or even more depending on how much you wanted to get elected and then just drop out?

Also, in almost every commercial I have seen it has been the candidates talking crap about one another. I know they do that so people will recognize them first but what is the point of putting all of that money into a campaign that just tells why we shouldn't vote for this guy or this person?....how about tell more about how you can help with the situation not just what the other people do or have done to destroy it. It's completely stupid to base a campaign off of slander. While I know some of it is true, the other percent it just a bunch of lies made up by whoever it is that want's to be recognized.
Not that I have a right to complain seeing as I don't really vote but that is my two cents into this.
Old 11-13-2010
*this space for rent*

ffff i just wrote a horrifically long message and YGOTAS F*ING LOGGED ME OUT! IT WAS LIKE A DAMN PAGE LONG! I REFUSE TO TYPE IT ALL AGAIN! GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*throws a car*
Old 11-15-2010
Deputy Executive Assistant Moderator; Chimera Ant Queen; SallylamiGami; Leasee

Blurb: Happily married since 10/19/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
ffff i just wrote a horrifically long message and YGOTAS F*ING LOGGED ME OUT! IT WAS LIKE A DAMN PAGE LONG! I REFUSE TO TYPE IT ALL AGAIN! GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*throws a car*
I think you can press the back button and copy it on your clipboard, login, and then paste it in a new message.

Or you can post your post now if you want. :)