This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2007

I was planning on buying this but I never did. I'm glad I didn't, because when I played it at a friends house, I was kind of disapointed. I liked XD better because it had a story and you could actually obtain pokemon from it. But battle revolution is more of a remake of the stadium games on the N64.

What do you all think of this game?
Old 07-16-2007

WiFi with random people. That's really why I bought it.

Using a properly EV'd and IV'd team and sweeping teams of Ubers is great fun. For serious.
Old 07-16-2007

Yeah, that's awesome when someone gives in just because you one-hit their Dialga or something.
Old 07-16-2007

I'm going to have to look up training in EV's and IV's. Ever since I got Blue and yellow, I've been relying on pokemon types more than anything.

Also, why do people like Dialga? He may be a steel/dragon, but Palkia is water/dragon, making a Palkia pretty useful as a water pokemon on someones team.

Although I think my Pearl team is the best team Ive ever had.

Mismagius, Typhlosion, Magnezone, Palkia, and Rhyperior. Lugia doesnt count because hes far behind all the others... because I only recently got him.
Old 07-16-2007

To answer your question, pissedbuddha, I think people like Dialga because most of the Uber users out there are 10 year olds who bought diamond because that sounds more masculine than pearl.
Old 07-16-2007

I dont see why they would pick a blue dog dragon over a "Pink Mecha Godzilla". I got pearl because palkia looked awesome. To me, a steel type pokemon can be pretty useless if it doesn't have a second decent pokemon type. Thats why I chose Magnezone. A steel dragon doesn't seem like a useful combo. Palkia on the other hand was a good replacement of my gyrados, which wouldn't level up very easily.
Old 07-16-2007

Steel and Dragon is good for resistances, it's only weak to two types, fighting and ground (but Palkia only has the dragon weakness, I think, so Dialga's beat there too). To be honest, I think Palkia is better too, but can you really convince a ten year old boy to buy a game with a pink monster on the front easily? Also, did you get the description "Pink Mecha Godzilla" from the VGcats guest comic about pokemon?
Old 07-16-2007

I was going to ask If thats were you got part of "most of the Uber users out there are 10 year olds who bought diamond because that sounds more masculine than pearl." as well. :D

(yes, or otherwise it wouldn't be in quotes)
Old 07-16-2007

Old 07-16-2007

Old 07-16-2007

Actually, I wasn't thinking of it when I made the post, but rather thinking of the image pounded into my mind of Uber users by reading GameFAQs posts. But you're right, I did make it sound similar, that's a little odd.

Edit: This site really needs a "delete my post" button to avoid double or triple posting. Oh, well, that's what I get for being impatient and clicking three times.
Old 07-16-2007

I don't know if that can be done, as I don't know what forum software this is. To be honest I like SMF and PHPBB because they're not so minimalistic.
Old 07-16-2007

Send a message via AIM to Quiz112 Send a message via MSN to Quiz112 Send a message via Yahoo to Quiz112

I bought it for the wifi and i heard u get a pikachu that knows Sure and Volt tackle if you beat the game. I dun play wifi much cause most people just use rare pokemon -.-
Old 07-16-2007

Trying to connect to WiFi on my Wii unsuccessfully...anyone with a wired connection have any tips?
Old 07-16-2007
Banned

I've heard it's Pokemon Stadium without anything interesting other than online. (where's Lickitung eating sushi minigame?)
Old 07-16-2007

Send a message via AIM to Quiz112 Send a message via MSN to Quiz112 Send a message via Yahoo to Quiz112

lol i remember that lickitung game! That was so long ago xD
And besides you don't get to choose what you get to wear in Stadium xD
Old 07-16-2007

Blurb: i make films with kroze.
Send a message via AIM to BryyMiller Send a message via MSN to BryyMiller

There is a general Pokeman thread.
Closed Thread