This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Conventions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2009

Thumbs up Anime North '09

Well everyone, Anime North is around the bend. Are you going and what are you going as?

I would go as Itachi or Sasuke but noooo. My mother doesn't even KNOW about it. She would think I'm some kinda geek or something and tell all my friends because what kind of mom she is. .w.
Old 01-24-2009

Blurb: Perfecting my finger pyramid of evil contemplation.
Send a message via AIM to FearLuna

Im going with my friends.
Im going as Ichigo From Tokyo Mewmew, Yuffie, and Schrodinger from Hellsing.
Old 01-24-2009

I want to go as the 8-Tails from Naruto but I'm not sure how I'm gonna pull the costume off.
Old 02-15-2009

If I go, and i do cosplay, I may go as a character from the Anime Higurashi, his name's Keiichi
Old 02-17-2009

At Fanexpo last summer, me and my friends cosplayed as YuGiOh characters, and peformed an Abridged skit at the masquerade.
Here's the link for anyone interested:

The Skit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km9lS...eature=related
Kimo's Impression: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rQ2rOxlwpk&NR=1

We may try something along these lines again for Anime North's Skit Contest, since the time slot is longer then 1 minute cap we had that time!
Old 02-23-2009

I'm probably going as Trucy (AJ:AA) for at least a day, hopefully my friend will take me again this year >3>
Old 02-25-2009

Blurb: F**K DINOSAURS!!!

Where is this one?
I'd like to guess Minnesota or Alaska.
Old 03-01-2009

Quote:
It's in Toronto, Ontario.
figures you`d post here
Old 04-26-2009

Blurb: I will crossdress for tequila.

AN is going to be sexy.

Guess who I'm going as...
Old 05-03-2009

Default A slight guess.

I already know this, Pegasus.

It doesn't take an idiot to know that. It's kind of your NAME.

Try something more complex next year.
Old 05-10-2009

Blurb: I will crossdress for tequila.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukiPein14 View Post
I already know this, Pegasus.

Try something more complex next year.
xD
You don't take lightly to sarcasm do you?

I don't look for complexity in cosplay I look for accuracy. Plus its for fun, and I dress up as characters I like, not characters that have extravagant costumes so that I can impress people I don't know (...unless its a character I do actually like).

PS. I think what you meant when you said
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukiPein14 View Post
is: "It doesn't take a genius", got your anology mixed up there hon.
Old 05-25-2009

Blurb: Gyabo!
Thumbs up AN 09 in the books; con report to come

And it's done for another year. It was a blast; I'll have a HUGE anime con report then in here (hope I can make it fit in one shot, if not 2 or more posts if that's OK) on this site

*dusts my profile off from having it in cold storage, heh* And thanks to all who came; I was aiding and performing and it was a blast to see everyone, and I did catch some of the Yugioh Cosplayers (I know one of my pictures is a Rare Hunter with Bakura's help facing a Dark Magician Girl, Jaden and Tea). Ta!

Old 05-27-2009

Lightbulb ANIME NORTH 2009 Convention Report?404s Style! (Part 1)

Hi gang! I'll be giving my annual con report again to share with all of you, but I decided to take a different format to it. In the past I did it all in day to day diary form, but I'm finding I was located at 3 areas this year, so I'll just list things that occurred under each one (with links to video when applicable), one section talking about cosplay (both that I wore and saw), and everything else will fall under OTHER. Call it improvising up a report! Enjoy!

404s IMPROV COMEDY

There were a total of 4 shows and the 99 Yen Challenge this year. Interacting with the West Crew was awesome as the chemistry was there while all of the fans enjoyed the antics and jokes. Friday's first show was about 3/4th full at 150+ fans, while the Yen Challenge had about 30-40 at the late hour. Saturday things picked up with a packed room for the first Saturday Show in the Mississauga Room that fits about 200-250+ people, as it was about standing room only once full. The show after the Masquerade was quite excellent, as despite people let out to break, about all came back to fill the room to 3/4th capacity at about a few hundred, maybe 350-400+. Sunday at the Auction did well with half the room full at 250-300, all staying and remaining for the Closing Ceremonies thereafter.

What I'll do mainly is post each fanvid found up to now to comment about. I wasn't in some of them at all due to having to leave early to aid at the wrestling show.

The first 10 are from the Friday show in the Mississauga Room.

Authors and Characters Telling the Fairy Tale of Goldilocks and the 3 bears: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U49v9WNNBgE

Each person took turns telling the story in a character style. We had Christopher Walken, Mojo Jojo from Powerpuff Girls, Kyon from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Yay for the show's return!) and Dr. Suess. . Mojo sure went fast, Walken's hilarious with the glock (gun term I think), Kyon's sarcasm and Dr. Suess with the awesome rhyming.

Questions Only: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlf_gikjkE4

As the game suggests we line up and pair up to talk in questions only. I just had to laugh as we asked for a scene beforehand that we got Neo Tokyo. Yes, which ONE?! But getting Star Trek, you can tell I winged it with my Shatner there, heh. Death by the Klingon disease always gets you in the end. Yes, what IS a star date? I loved the teleportation jokes. Oh and you got to dig the Space Babes/rap lingo, fo shizzle! And apparently we got on a Space Boat. I just came for the Star Wars Convention! Oh for Naked Spock phone picture jokes and keeping people in games due to them. Ah and this is where the one legged jokes began. Never trust the transporter.

But this is where of course came born my liner of the con. I was asking if someone could fly the ship because I was only the cook, and I was wondering why things kept happening to me! Well I have zero driving knowledge, so hence came the question: "Do you know how to drive stick shaft?" OK NOW I know it's stick SHIFT, and will from now on. At least for the later it gave the name to one of our teams: Stick Shaft MBumpkin. Always know too, if it's a question, you're staying up there!

Story Dies for Camera Man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lng4EqT1bRk

A new game for us that was quite fun. I did another one later on not taped for Russian Woman. Here the host pointed to who told the story and you had to continue from the last person or you die and get eliminated from the game. AND FLASH! I learned too about angles again, and how I should look up the word bouquet kids!

Film Noir Looking for the 7 Dragon Balls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mifjVJV4z0s

The game, like the old movie style, is where people can go to the front from time to time to deliver soliloquies to the audience to show their thoughts from time to time. Well we learned about how a dragon can have 7 balls. And never trust that Pig Ulong, darn ball stealer! Bad touch, bad touch!

Oscar Winning Moment for the Post It Notes Job: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uX8cF1UPA8

I love how they go from a mundane job to a huge Oscar winning scene when rung up. Got to remember the sticky side is on the OTHER side of the post it notes! Stand up for equal rights for the Post It Note worker!

FREEZE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgGPVVaqg8Q

2 people start in a non-sexual position and do a scene until someone calls out Freeze! That person takes someone's position while frozen and continues on doing a different scene. Wow who knew Titanic jokes were abundant, but they were! Ah I came in during the Judo trip. Somehow I was in someone else's bed! Then I was a doctor who somehow tried to get the baby from the ribs, so I moved to the odd football QB position we started on which turned into raising Jesus on the cross. After another Titanic and Jesus cosplay joke, I got back down on the floor because, "I really don't know what ran over me! All I saw was these fangirls coming at me!" Must have been to see the last position of the human Megazord!

These last 4 links are for games where I was gone thereafter so do enjoy them too!

A Day in the Life of…Gabby (Actors do a scene where the person chosen will say right or wrong for each scene): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2-PdUSa808

Two 60 Seconds Games (Where you do a scene in 60 seconds, then the same scene in 30 seconds, then 15, and finally 5): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epoSq5hrY7c and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl4Cuhb2Za0

And Scenes from a Hat from fan suggestions at the show and online for short scenes to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mN7-vh20d0

Irish Drinking Song about Sunstroke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtZFD713xLg

We each sang a line in our song in tune. Yay got it right as I kept my mind loose on the times I needed to rhyme (I think I'm a dog, bowwow and I think I saw a cow!). I did like the slowdown near the end to push the climax of the song. This was the one video from the Saturday Late Night Show I could find so far.

Other games we did that I can recall include: All in 1 Voice that was done on the Titanic with dancing even, being one of the people helping with Moving People and eating someone's hand midway in, Scenes from a Hat that included some crazy pick up lines for Spock, and Statements Only that involved a lot of ice cream. Oh and from the Alphabet game spawned a new line: "Quat's Happening?"

After the Late Saturday show, on our way back to our rooms, we saw on one of the paper white boards a much appreciated write up. It had stuff saying they loved the 404s and even mentioned some of us by name. Thanks again to ALL the fans that keep enjoying our shows! Our next show is coming in Montreal at the end of July for Otakuthon so that's going to be a blast too!

Last edited by Haruhifan; 05-27-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-27-2009

Default ANIME NORTH 2009 Convention Report: 404s style (Part 2)

ANIME PRO WRESTLING in conjunction with Great Canadian Wrestling (GCW)

The group as usual was very polite and showed us all the stuff, from the wrestling belts used to the ring to the backstage area. Even saw the props that included a very funny STOP sign with Obama imprinted onto it, and a cool Power Rangers watch. I'd like to thank Ryo (dressed as Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club) and the translators I was sent last minute to help translate for our Japanese Guest of Honour Akira Raijin/Kiyoshi from TNA. We got last minute too some cardboard to do simple posters for fans to hold and that went over well, so thanks to those fans who held them, with things like L is God and support for Shark Boy, Elmo, Lufisto and others! We welcome if fans bring signs in the future, and even more so if you donate any used cosplay outfits you want to see in the ring for future shows anytime! We had 50 wrestlers total for the weekend. Oh and mental note for the future to self: watch out for the metal poles that hold up the curtained change room, as I ran into them TWICE into the same knee?

This is the rough overall match results (excuse if I got any names incorrectly spelled):

Friday's Show (Show attendance ranged from 100 early on, down to 40 until the Kong match with crowds forming up to 110+ again)

Preshow Promo: Sebastian Suave trashing the crowd and wanting a match.

1. Suave vs. Deathstroke of DC Comics (Came out to Justice League cartoon theme)
Winner and Highlights: The Terminator got in a DDT after 2 Atomic drops and a series of punches, before Suave hit a Samoan Drop. Suave missed a top rope splash, so Deathstroke the Terminator followed up with a Tornado DDT for the win.

-Post match Suave trashed masked cosplayers, bringing out Shark Boy who gave him multiple Stunners.

2. Harley Quinn (current DC Comics version, came out to the old Batman movie songs) vs. Mercy of Lexcorp
Winner: Quinn via a kiss of death into a running STO.

3. Scorpion and Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat, came out to the song too Test your Might) vs. Alucard and Alexander Anderson (Hellsing, came out to the show's soundtrack)
Winner: Combo Harpoon/Freeze to Uppercut finish win by Team Mortal Kombat.

4. Casey Jones (TMNT) vs. Red Ranger (whose Power Rangers theme played all match long)
Winner: DQ Win for the Red Ranger when Jones used from his golf bag a Kendo Stick after Red Ranger dodged other weapons.

5. Prince Akanon (A Pharaoh, think King Tut from the older Adam West Batman TV show) vs. Jamie D (Former TNA talent, from Windsor)
Winner: Jamie D won using the Camel Clutch. Lots of beard pulling and stiff kicks by Jamie throughout the match.

6. Floppy Floppington the 3rd (Evil Pink Bunny mask and tail) vs. Lufisto (In her Sailor outfit)
Winner: After a tail pull off and even back and forth nipple twisters, Lufisto won using the DVD (Death Valley Driver) despite Floppy being almost twice her size, after her corner rolling senton!

7. Midnight Special RJ City and Mike Alias vs. Anthony Darko and Rico Montana
Winner: Montana got the pin using a tornado (spinning) powerbomb.

8. Team Shake and Bake (Steve Brown and Donnie King) vs. Marvel's Sunfire and El Cancasco (Both masked wrestlers)
Winner: King got the pin using a Fireman's carry into a sitout flapjack.

-Brown called out anyone else to fight them while insulting fans, bringing out?

9. Team Shake and Bake vs. Usagi Yojimbo (TMNT)
Winner: Usagi got a superkick in, then got his swords out to skewer both men and pin them.

10. "Wanted Man Bryan Darrell (cowboy) vs. Super Swoosh (Think a superhero from Disney's the Incredibles but an original make with goggles, blue suit and tubby)
Winner: Maybe the best finisher EVER, he pointed to LOOK UP, and while the Wanted Man looked, he did?the VULCAN DEATH GRIP to KO him for the pin!

11. Rip Impact (Hamilton guy, awesome talent) vs. Kiyoshi (aka Akira Raijin, from TNA)
Winner and Highlights: Lots of good spots including Kiyoshi hitting his version of a chopping Final cut, a missed flying head butt from the top rope, which led to Rip's comeback with spinning heel kicks and elbows, Rip with a Northern Light Suplex, an attempt at Sliced Bread #2 by Rip, and a kick combo by Kiyoshi. Kiyoshi, playing the heel for this one, got in a low blow, Super kick and finished with the Raijin Buster (Sitout Side Powerslam).

12. Mr. Atlantis and Damon Roscoe (one had a trident, the other wore a dark hooded cloak) vs. Wreck and Caesar (who had a manager, both in orange and black)
Winner: Wreck hit a suplex then a top rope legdrop for the pin.

13. Kenneth Crisis and Black Serpent vs. DC Comics' Redstar (Russian) and the Flash
Winner: Lots of funny "Viewtiful Joe" like moments using Flash going into slow motion then speeding up. End came when Flash did multiple slow motion punches and then sped up to win.

14. Sexxy Eddy (Quebec star with the "special" tights to show off) vs. Awesome Kong (TNA)
Winner and Highlights: Again the SHOCKING draw as everyone by the exit, about 90 of them stopped to loop back to watch Kong. Kong laid a lot of chops and offense, but Eddy got in his version of the split legged moonsault called SeXXX on the Beach for a two count. He tried to use a PLUNGER from under the ring to use on Kong's bosom, but she reversed it to use on his package, a shout to knock him down, and finish it off with the Awesome Bomb (sitout powerbomb) for the huge win. Saw the plunger post match and kept it away from me as far as possible at the table where I was the timekeeper to ring the bell?

15. MAIN EVENT: Mr. Satan and Vegeta vs. Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Moon
Winner: Mr. Satan and Mask I must note looked perfect for this. End came when Mask hit a Canadian Destroyer, then an F-5, and Moon hit her MOON PRISM POWER for a final KO and pin.
Saturday's Show

We started at noon with the Q & A with Lufisto, Sexxxy Eddy, Shark Boy, Awesome Kong and Kiyoshi, who had his translator, Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club. We got about 15-20 questions, mostly towards the heel Eddy about his package and about putting his pants back on for cash. Lufisto gave away a kiss, Kiyoshi was asked about his makeup and mask, Kong used the translator so say Japan was interesting too to fight in, and Shark Boy cut some nice promos about how the crowd was awesome and he'd go vegan if he had to bite Eddy. Some of the Q and A video can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb3vyZ-T1oA
Old 05-27-2009

Default ANIME NORTH 2009 Convention Report: 404s Style (Part 3)

Crowd was about 100-150 strong by this point. We averaged about 245 people including media, until the Death Note Match where we got a few hundred following the action in and out of the ring, maybe about 500 topping if you count the outside the ring fans who taped/photographed the action.

1. DC Comics Current Harley Quinn vs. Batman the Animated Series Harley Quinn (a guy)
Winner: Lots of pigtail pulling and a running STO attempt. Finish came when the Male Quinn did a unique Texas Cloverleaf into a Figure Four Leg Lock submission to have the female Quinn tap out.

2. EVIL Masked Superman Clone w/ Lex Luthor vs. Super Swoosh
Winner: Superman was wild, but in the end he too fell to the LOOK UP finger point into the Vulcan Death Grip. Luthor was none too pleased, promising to buy the TCC up to make into a condo, while continuing to make Superman clones.

3. Mr. Atlantis and Damon vs. North and Aquilis of Greece
Winner: Finish came when Damon hit the Super Kick for the pin.

4. Donnie King (of Shake and Bake) vs. Kiyoshi (the Face this time)
Winner: Another nicely paced match. Kiyoshi got in the top rope chop, chair shots that got cheers, and worked out of King's finisher. Kiyoshi got in a behind kick low blow, super kick into the Raijin Buster for the pin and huge crowd pop.

-Shark Boy says he looked all over for a partner, and found one as out came the GCW/Anime North Hardcore Champ, ELMO complete with a leather vest!

5. Shark Boy and Elmo vs. Hunn and Shredder (TMNT Villains)
Winner and Highlights: Shark Boy got hurt early and even as fans asked for Elmo, he replied he needed to get the upper hand on Hunn first, and did with some arm drags. Elmo got in on Shredder and gave him the big boot then the LEG DROP OF DOOM. Elmo went up for the top rope Dragon Corkscrew, but missed Shredder. The Mask came off Shredder to reveal he was Sexxx Eddy, who hit a DDT then the Superstar splash for a 2 count. He went for it again and missed, but got to tag Hunn who did a spinning heel kick, for his large frame being more amazing on Elmo. A big splash from the middle rope follow up missed though, letting Elmo get the HUGE Hunn up for a Samoan Drop! A hot tag brings in Shark Boy who got Hunn out of the ring. Shredder Eddy came back to get the People's Elbow from Elmo, then a Stunner from Shark Boy and finally finished with a DELAY Elmo Destroyer (they floated for a good 3-5 seconds) before the pin!

A couple of videos for this Elmo one courtesy of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka-8wYigVAI and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLCPREUlkPA and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc1RyxAVOfU

6. Fairy Tale Battle Royale: Lufisto as Alice in Wonderland vs. Awesome Kong vs. Harley Quinn (Sabrina Kyle) vs. Snow White (Mercy) vs. Jody D'Milo vs. Helena Handbasket (Deanna Conda)
Winner and Highlights: Crazy match as Kong took everyone out but got stone walled with Helena who was just a tad smaller than her. Kong eventually won the running shoulder block challenge to eliminate Helena, but Helena held her as the others tossed Kong out next. This angered Kong so much that she took Helena by the hair to toss into the change room curtains, nearly knocking the whole thing over! Snow White was taken out next by Harley's hurricarana, while Lufisto tossed Jody out. Harley tried to finish Lufisto off with a clothesline, but Lufisto did the splits and out went Harley, making Lufisto the winner.

7. Guile, Ryu and Zangief (Street Fighter II) vs. Blob (Well stuffed), Sabretooth and Toad (X-men's Brotherhood of Evil)
Winner: Lots of double teaming on Blob early on, the action was wild all throughout the match. The end came when Zangief got the hot tag from Guile, cleaned house before picking Toad up for the FINAL ATOMIC BUSTER (spinning piledriver) for the pin.

8. WOW Fan Scotty O'Shea (w/ keyboard) vs. Rip Impact
Winner and highlights: Rip had the advantage early on with chops around the 4 corners, but O'Shea got the advantage off a big boot in the corner followed by a Cutter on a kneeling Rip. Scotty hit a Gory Bomb and only got a 2. Rip fought back with a senton for a close 2. Out of the blue, O'Shea got a Rolling Pin for the 3 count.

9. Prince Akanon vs. Caesar w/ his Female Manager in Orange and Black tights
Winner and Highlights: Akanon was on the receiving end of a wedgie, then had his hand held so all the ringside fans could give it a good slap or chop. The end came when Caesar slapped in a Camel Clutch with a Dragon Sleeper head lock for the submission on Akanon.

10. Scorpion and Sub-Zero vs. Lex Luthor and Nuclear Superman (Clone #2)
Winner: Once again Lex got on the microphone to say he'd buy the TCC up and make into condos after his Superman clone beat the Mortal Kombatants. Sadly for him, Scorpion won the match with a Rolling Senton pin after much problems getting his clone to distract the ref properly.

-Post match Lex chewed out the Superman clone, who did a face turn on him by punching him out!

11. Johnny Wave vs. Raver
Winner: Wave was very over with the fans with his surfer gimmick, but Raver won with a combination 2nd rope Dragon Drop followed by the Lionsault for the pin.

12. Chris Cutthroat vs. the Real Deal w/ his male manager
Winner: Cutthroat won using Spinning Full Nelson Bomb. Post match, the manager changed sides to Cutthroat's.

13. Wreck and P.P. Smalls vs. Team Shake and Bake
Winner: Brown went for a corner splash but missed, giving Smalls the space to roll him up with a school boy for the pin.

14. DEATH NOTE ON A POLE MATCH
(Both opponents cuffed together with a chain, winner must sign the Death Note with his opponent's name to win)
L vs. Light "Kira"

TONS of videos courtesy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMkrt6aPgvw and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9tHc0mz2_c and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtCQF6_OI5I and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOb4NkqJHqI and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFzBYQm_Hk8 (Part 1) and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDGyuyWkNcs (Part 2)

Winner and Highlights: Again look at how many videos alone were made! Crowds followed this match with cameras all throughout the match, especially when the action spilled to the floor. Pre-match, L came out first to hug a cosplaying Misa, and then he threw Pocky to the crowd to clearly indicate he's the face as they cheered him. Light was next out in a cocky mood, refusing to be cuffed, going so far as to pull out an apple to bite into then spit into L's face. L got on his cell to call Light back about winning by forfeit and making Light "die" if he didn't come in, sending Light back in quickly. Lots of slapping and punches early on until L went to pose on a turnbuckle and Light slammed him from behind.

Light got the fans booing when he used the chain like a whip on L's back. Light proceeded to choke L in the corner, followed by snot blows then licking his hands to wipe in his face. After a series of corner punches, as Light was turned, L kicked him in the butt. L took Light under the ropes to the outside, where L stayed on the ring apron and launched himself into Light to do an AWESOME hurricarana into the front row as fans dispersed! L followed up by riding Light horsey style while putting the chain in his mouth. L got him into a headlock to take around the seats, but Light fought back with a head butt followed by a shoulder thrust. Light pulled him back closer to the ring, but L fought back with a punch to the gut, then he sat Light on a chair to do a mounted 10 punch which the fans counted. He really got the fangirls screaming by adding some crotch thrusts at the end into Light's face. L kept the pressure on by slamming Light's face into the announcer's table. Light was about done when he snuck under the ring to get a bag of chips. Just like in the manga again, inside was a hidden camera (a Gameboy Color, old school prop!) which he smashed into L's back. He finally rolled L back into the ring and tried a rolling pin, but L countered into a double foot stomp on the ribs! As L chants continued, they both got back up to exchange punches back and forth. L won the exchange, knocked Light into a corner and hit a Bronco Buster.

L threw Light (who by this time was opened hard way at the nose and he kept bleeding all match long) into the corner where the Death Note was hanging and climbed up to get it. Light recovered in time to pull the chain to pull down L, and followed that up with a swinging underarm neckbreaker. This gave Light the chance to go up and indeed get the Death Note from a pole, but the match wasn't done as he called out for a pen! Some pens started raining down from the crowd. As Light gloated over L's body which was trying to grab at him, out of nowhere, hit a LOW BLOW on Light! L regained the Death Note with a pen, wrote Light's name in it and sealed the deal with the (yaoi?) kiss of death for the win! At this point the huge crowd of hundreds all counted together up to 40 seconds (the time given to someone whose name is written in the Death Note before he dies of a heart attack), so Light ran threw the crowd, died on a table when the count hit 40, and was dragged back face scraping the floor as staff got his limb body backstage. L celebrated with fans as the Death Note 2nd Opening song played on! I must say this was the most insane, interactive and incredible match I've been at of the 4 years of doing this event so congrats to all involved again!

15. "King of Canada" Jessie Jones w/ Lex Luthor vs. Johnny Wave
Winner: Before the match Luthor once again got in his speech about owning the place and how Jones would be the first to earn a condo. Wave spoiled the party by Wave when he rolled up Jones with a rolling pin.

-Post-Match Luthor and Jones laid out Wave along with help from Zangief (now donning a karate outfit) and Team Shake & Bake. Team Greece, Rip Impact and P.P. Smalls ran out to save Wave, and Rip as team captain challenged Luthor to a 5 on 5 Survivor Series-style match, which the heels accepted.

16. 5 on 5 SURVIVORS match (You have to eliminate all team members on one side via pin or submission)
Captain Lex Luthor, Jessie Jones, Team Shake & Bake and Zangief vs. Captain Rip Impact, Johnny Wave, Team Greece and P.P. Smalls
Winner and Highlights: King of Shake & Bake his a HADOKEN to take out one member of Team Greece, then the other got taken out via a super kick. Rip was being beaten down until he hit Sliced Bread #2 after riding the other heels to take out Luthor. Wave got taken out by a Side Winder from King and Jones. Jones got rolled up for a pin, leaving Smalls and Rip against Team Shake and Bake. The end came via a double Stunner on Team Shake and Bake for a double pin.

-Fans sang Nananana, Hey hey hey goodbye to Brown, who got on the microphone one more time that's he's gone?until next year to make fun of them.

17. MAIN EVENT: A Battle Royale Battle Royale
(Like the movie, 20 men are in 1 ring for a Battle Royale with explosive collars around their necks. Each got a garbage bag with a random weapon. Eliminations only came if someone is thrown outside of the ring and both feet land on the floor, last man standing wins.)
Highlights: Utter chaos as everyone from past matches was in, with 2 new entries. One was Kid Muscle (Ultimate Muscle) and the other?was a plushie Pikachu who started as a weapon that got in one KILL, then got his collar. Other eliminations involved a bunny, several trash lids, kitchen utensils, a Battle Ax, a kendo stick, a lightsabre, and more. It got down to Pikachu, Rip Impact and Kid Muscle. Kid hit a beautiful DVD on Rip, then a slingshot leg drop before eliminating Rip over the top rope. Pikachu was left and Kid kept throwing him into the crowd but his feet DIDN'T touch the floor! After the 3rd attempt Pikachu finally landed feet first, and Kid Muscle was the last man standing!

Winner of the Battle Royale Battle Royale: Kid Muscle (Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman Nisei). Video clips of this are at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6JQ69o7elI

-Post-Match Elmo had given the belt to the winner of the Main Event so Kid Muscle posed with it to end the show (and not just on time but early, a nice thing for me since I had other events to hustle to!).

There are some clip videos too for the whole show you can check at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeB-IciPqDQ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTPxwVEXf_o
Old 05-27-2009

Default ANIME NORTH 2009 Convention Report: 404s Style (Part 4)

CHARITY AUCTION for the Hospital for Sick Kids

I got to meet the voice actors first at the Meet and Greet to solicit donations, and ALL of them were so nice to give them and get their photos taken. That was Jessie Flower, Vic Mignogna, Yuri Lowenthal, Carrie Savage (who brought a lot of autographed items from various shows), and our Japanese Guest of Honour Nobuyuki Hiyama. Shark Boy also came to the Meet and Greet, and during the Wrestling Shows I was able to secure donations from him, Kong, Kiyoshi, Lufisto and SeXXXy Eddy in the form of autographed shirts, and a toy Shark Boy too.

Sunday we got the items over to the Main Ballroom from the TCC, had lunch , where I FINALLY got to eat at that Japanese restaurant in the lobby. From there I got an Onigiri Rice Ball with Salmon; it was yummy and hit the spot! I had my voice intact this time and we went through 40+ lots along with items from Carrie Savage. We went over time by a half hour but got a lot sold overall. Some bigger items included lots of artwork, a ball jointed doll, a Nickelodeon basket Jessie Flower auctioned off and more. I ended up getting 2 lots: one was an autographed picture of Young Franny from Disney's Meet the Robinsons that Jessie signed (got a hug from her too, yay!), the other being one of the wrestling lots with the GCW T-Shirt signed by the guests, a SeXXXy Eddy Signed Limited Edition T-Shirt, one of his charity wristbands and an un-signed Lufisto T-Shirt I plan to wear. Oh the 404s donated 2 more of our team posters that is signed (we each got one too, mine is on my desk with the Jessie Autograph) which the 404s help auction off and give me the occasional break from being head auctioneer this year. Overall we got a lot done after I integrated a new format called the Speed Rounds to help sell smaller items that went quickly for smaller bids.

A very funny moment was getting to the Naruto lot (the manga, various trinkets, a full cast poster autographed, including cast that has yet to show until Shippuuden airs, and a full medium-sized Naruto cosplay outfit with coat and pants), which Yuri Lowenthal and Tara Platt help auction off. It took a bit to get that one going until Yuri offered to put the outfit on for pictures. At that point a hand in the back went up bidding for $150. It was Vic Mignogna! Yes in a twisted way, "Sasuke and Temari" were doing an auction where "Ed Elric" made a bid so he can say he made "Sasuke" wear Naruto's outfit! The place went nuts as Yuri was sweating, pleading for a bid to outdo Vic. He could handle doing it for fans and for charity, but he'd NEVER be able to go back to California if VIC was the one who made him do this! At the last moment someone bid $155 and Yuri did the fastest closing of a bid EVER to declare a winner, while Vic grumbled in the corner (I guess on par with Ed, heh). The picture I got of them doing the dress up is pretty funny, as Yuri even said "BELIEVE IT!" to add to the nuttiness. Another nice banter moment came with mark Hildreth when I kindly reminded him about the first time we met a few years ago when I was security for them and he and Scott McNeil (as they are Heero and Duo from Gundam Wing), did a kiss for fans. He denies it completely but I can show all the trampling marks on me from the incoming fangirls I kept off them, heh. I love working with the voice actors on the auction!

The item that went for the most came at the end. Nobuyuki Hiyama did manage to show up and we auctioned off from him a necklace that is a replica of a character from one of the shows he did, and a keychain family heirloom he took off his self that has his family crest on it! Such a personal item, I am humbled to have helped auction it off. It went for $300 in the end (he was so humble he had started bidding at $30!), and we did decent numbers again this year so thanks to all donations from dealers, guests and artists! All proceeds went to the Hospital for Sick Kids! And yes that's for Canadian and American kids in hospitals. I'm always glad to help those in need, as we all need our hospitals over time.

COSPLAY

I myself did indeed do my cosplay after being away from doing it for about 2 years. I kept things simple, going with stuff I already owned. After some looking online it hit me from an old manga series I've read. I chose Ichiro "Icchan" Mihara from Angelic Layer and Chobits. He's the creator of the robots you saw in the series, more info on him you can skim at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...yer_characters I had the lab coat (a great tool for Helping Hands to give the effect of the expert; and amazingly it fit 2 people just barely into it), glasses (which I naturally wear), dress pants (which really helped since I didn't have to change them later on Saturday for my performances with the 404s then), a dress shirt (which made it easy for me to get on my 404s shirt later on when changing),a necktie and shoes. I added my own touches by slicking my hair up a bit while in my pockets I had a Chobits manga and my plushie Chi, whom I shared showing with Lufisto with her wrestling plushie for her character Pegaboo. I got pictures of it and of course of others I'll work on somehow downloading later on. I was happy to get a group one with 2 people dressed as Light and Dark Chi (Freya and Elda)! My friend did his own Gay Dragon superhero original outfit with tonfu sticks, umbrella, fan and mask that was superb too! Another friend did her own maid like outfit, loved the red fabric used for it.

Speaking of which, there are SO many outfits so here's a short list of what I saw and mostly got pictures of (Again excuse if I get any character/show names wrong!): A Box of Yu-Gi-Ohs (Yay for the abridged series at http://www.yugiohtheabridgedseries.com/ and a box of Pocky, Simon, Kamina, Yoko, Nia and Viral (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann), Carmen Sandiago (yes from the video game!), Nell, then later on Soi Fon & Yachiru (Bleach) in half Arrancar form with the goat legs and horns, an Organization XIII member with the heartless form of Sora, while later on a solo Heartless Riku, a solo Kairi with her Keyblade (Kingdom Hearts II), a dueling Rare Hunter with Bakura's help playing Tea, Jaden and Dark Magician Girl, all with duel disks, and later on Yami Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh series), Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes) complete with his glowing katana blade Tsubaki, Sango with a plushie Kilala (Inu Yasha), Naruto post time skip with Deidara, along with a Naruto on her own like many that showed, also a kissing couple of Sasori and Deidara, 3 spinning/break dancing cosplayers as Naruto, Tobi and Sasori, Jiraiya, Hidan with Kakuzu & the Sand Siblings from the Naruto Series, Domo-kun, Rikku in Thief form (Final Fantasy X), Konata (Lucky Star), Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII), a pair as Stein & Kidd, a trio as Death the Kid with Patti and Liz, Medusa, Chrona, several as Maka & Soul solo (Soul Eater), Chun-Li, Ryu, Ken & Fei Long (Street Fighter II), Mikuru and others in their bunny ears/bikini outfits (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), Chrono & Lucca (Chrono Trigger), Jack Skellington (Nightmare Before Christmas), Rima & Yuki (Vampire Knight) Guilmon (Digimon), Misa & Ryuk who were present at the Wrestling Show (Death Note), 4 colours of Link (The Legend of Zelda), Sol Badguy & Dizzy (Guilty Gear), Wonder Woman, Master Chief (Halo), Batman, a pink Kangaroo from that shampoo ad on TV, Demona (Gargoyles), Sailor Saturn & Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon), Companion Cube (Portal), Sound Wave (Transformers G1), Ed Elric (Full Metal Alchemist), Pikachu & Mudkip (Pokemon), Vash the Stampede (Trigun), a geisha in dress and a samurai original outfits, Nabeshin/Director (Excel Saga), 2 Selphies (FFVIII), Pac Man with the Red Ghost Blinky, Aladdin from the Disney movies/show, Rorschach & the Silk Spectre (Watchmen), San (Princess Mononoke), Fire Nation Costume Toph & Katara (Avatar the Last Airbender), Cut Man, Gemini Man, Plug Man & Wood Man (Mega Man Series) Chiyo's Dad in cat form (Azumanga Daioh), and lots of cosplayers dressed as the ball jointed dolls they made for their event. PHEW!

OTHER

THURSDAY: I got on the road with my ride around 7PM and got some pop on the way before arriving at approximately 9PM. I met up with some friends and the guests (404s and Wrestling) while making sure throughout the night that everyone got into their room. It took a bit so dinner ended up being Subway but that was fine, I got my favorite BBQ Rib patty 6 inch combo. After a long day, I got to enjoy the shower (at my own place it needs repairs so a working one was welcome) to wash up then sleep.

FRIDAY: Got up early to make sure of the arrival of more guests coming in. I helped the Charity Auction in the morning, gathering items from the dealers. The wrestling ring came at noon and that was put up. After all this prepping we got to have a quick sandwich lunch then to my events. In between the Wrestling and 99 Yen Challenge I got to drop by the Sushi Dragon for my special meal of the weekend. For $20.25 I got 6 pieces of nigirizushi sushi (salmon, tuna, and squid), 3 California Crab Meat Rolls, 5 pieces of tempura, chicken teriyaki on veggies, seaweed salad, rice and miso soup. I call that a good deal and everything was good to go!

SATURDAY: My second day of having Tim Horton's Croissants for breakfast. I had Subway again later on and dinner was pepperoni pizza. I did drop by the Baby Blues 18+ room for the usual laughs (got to love a maid named Pudding transforming into a magical girl to fight some Dr. Claw rip-off and his special robots if you know what I mean?) but couldn't hang like past years due to needing to be at the Auction early in the morn, so I called it a night.

SUNDAY: Early wakeup to aid the Charity Auction. After the above events I hit the Dead Dog for some KFC and Pizza and pop. I got to hang with some of the staff and 404s before many had to slowly head out on their flights or trips home. I hung around a while in the room for my ride while having one more shower. I miss a working shower if I haven't mentioned that yet. I went back with more bags than I came with, but that's fine as the ride home was good and I got home in one piece.
Thanks for reading this extensive report! I look forward to the next convention report I do too!

P.S. This is also available publically at http://teahouseofthemaplemoon.yuku.c...2430/master/1/ and http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries...splay.php?f=30