This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Naruto - The Abridged Comedy Fandub Spoof Series Show
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFluffykins View Post
What the hell is "Animu"? Is it some sort of Cow-Pokemon not found in the Johto region? :D
Haha; i came up with a new pokemmon last night!! It attacked Rebbie, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorah View Post
Is it so bad that I actually laughed when I saw this? Oh well, I agree with the thread, Naruto's boring.
YUP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane85 View Post
Yes it is
YUPITY YUP YUP
Old 05-24-2009

Send a message via MSN to roxasabridged

It's so bad I made a rant on my Social Group about it!

[ Roxas' Dominion, check it out NAO!! ]

Last edited by roxasabridged; 05-24-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-24-2009

Blurb: Kroze's Convention Chauffeur
Send a message via AIM to Shae

I think Naruto's story line was a cute idea at first, but it got old fast.
It is an overrated show, but that can be said for a lot of anime too. X__x
Old 05-24-2009

Pokemon+Digimon>Naruto
Old 05-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokuba Kaiba's Girl View Post
Pokemon+Digimon>Naruto
lol... no... just no...

Alright, I am coming out and saying it, I am a fan of the series, The anime is... lacking though due to some of the WORST filler episodes of all time. I mean, I have seen some bad filler episodes in my day, but Naruto filler... my god... so terrible... I stick with the manga which is pretty good.

BUT! There are many flaws in the series that make me shake my head.

First, Kishimoto seems totally unwilling to kill off any of the young protagonists, even when keeping them alive makes no sense what so ever. He needs to grow a spine and thin down the useless characters that serve little purpose to the plot. Speaking of which, every time he kills off one character, whether it is a hero or villain, two or three more characters seem to take their place. The series at this point is getting so bogged down with characters that it is hard to keep track of what the hell is going on. Another issue is pacing. It totally goes from fast pace to a snails pace in the matter of a few chapters. For instance, for the latest arc in the manga, it was awesome how fast and exciting it was getting, but all of a sudden it slowed down for the last three or four chapters to the point where I am not exactly happy.

Now, it makes up for these descprencies with interesting characters and very well executed action. The plot is also okay dispite the too much going on aspect. So it may not be perfect, and at points it may be pretty boring or dull, but it is an enjoyable experience.

Anyway, continue bashing away. XD
Old 05-25-2009

Send a message via MSN to roxasabridged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokuba Kaiba's Girl View Post
Digimon>Pokemon>Naruto
^ THIS.
Old 05-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajeev50 View Post
This is the best thread ever.
It truly is.

Seriously though, Naruto is horrible. The only parts I like about the show are the Rock Lee fights, just because they're so much like old kung fu movie fights. I saw those segments of Rock Lee fights in AMVs, and they reminded me so much of Jackie Chan from the Drunken Master and old Bruce Lee fights.

I did give the show a chance. Tried watching it from the start, up to when Sasuke and Naruto fought the water ninja, and I just couldn't continue watching. Had such horrible dialogue and stupid annoying uninspired characters. I have not seen more annoying cartoon characters since the characters of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Bobobobo-bobo-bobobob0obobo, Azumanga Daioh, Lucky Star, Dokuro-Chan, and Sonic X (the 4kids dub).

A while back, my friend sat me down and forced me to watch the episodes of Sasuke's past and how he stopped being friends with Naruto -- watching this was the most miserable thing I've ever done in my life. It was so stupid. Sasuke goes all emo just because he's jealous of his big brother. Then Naruto fights him, and apparently spends the rest of the series chasing after Sasuke, trying to make him his buddy again. How long do they carry this plot on that isn't even that good? I laughed when Sasuke hit and knocked out the pink haired chick, though. She annoys the hell out of me

The series has like a bizillion filler episodes. During the Toonami marathon, my cousin was over, and listened in on some of the episodes while on the computer. Tons and tons of filler... or pointless episodes that were actually adapted from the manga. Regardless, the filler was awful. They could have at least put some effort into the filler. I saw like three episodes about Naruto eating ramen. Seriously, wtf? At least Dragon Ball Z and Yugioh developed the characters in the filler (the Noah season was really kickass, really developed Seto Kaiba's character). Nobody except retards wants to see a wannabe ninja in an orange jumpsuit acting like an idiot for half an hour.

Naruto sucks. I hate the characters. I hate the awful voice acting. I hate the fanboys. I hate the fangirls. I hate the cosplayers. I hate the video games. I hate the hype surrounding this series. I hate everything about this franchise except the music and some of the Rock Lee fight scenes. If I could, I would go back in time and barbarously murder the creator of Naruto before he could create this monstrosity of a series. I hate it that much. **** NARUTO.

*breathes....... breathes*

And no, I'm not being biased. I'm just stating my honest opinion after giving the show several chances. I fear for the future of anime if people are willing to make crap like this popular. That's all I have to say.

/of rant

Last edited by BakuraMuto; 05-26-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakuraMuto View Post
I did give the show a chance. Tried watching it from the start, up to when Sasuke and Naruto fought the water ninja, and I just couldn't continue watching. Had such horrible dialogue and stupid annoying uninspired characters. I have not seen more annoying cartoon characters since the characters of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Bobobobo-bobo-bobobob0obobo, Azumanga Daioh, Lucky Star, Dokuro-Chan, and Sonic X (the 4kids dub).
I see you watched the dubbed episodes than. XD
Again, try the manga. A lot less drawn out and a lot better overall.

Quote:
A while back, my friend sat me down and forced me to watch the episodes of Sasuke's past and how he stopped being friends with Naruto -- watching this was the most miserable thing I've ever done in my life. It was so stupid. Sasuke goes all emo just because he's jealous of his big brother.
Oh it wasn't jealousy... you weren't paying very close attention of course since, you know, Itachi killed his entire family practically in front of Sasuke there... Yeah... How could you miss that? I mean, I am not a Sasuke fan myself, but come on now.

Quote:
The series has like a bizillion filler episodes.
Just another reason to ignore the anime and stick with the manga. Especially since there is NO good filler episode in the series what so ever.

Quote:
Naruto sucks. I hate the characters. I hate the awful voice acting. I hate the fanboys. I hate the fangirls. I hate the cosplayers. I hate the video games. I hate the hype surrounding this series. I hate everything about this franchise except the music and some of the Rock Lee fight scenes. If I could, I would go back in time and barbarously murder the creator of Naruto before he could create this monstrosity of a series. I hate it that much. **** NARUTO.
The characters are probably one of the better things the series has going for it... Especially of the villain variety. The plot is alright too (not perfect and at parts down right bland, but overall, it is okay.)

Quote:
And no, I'm not being biased. I'm just stating my honest opinion after giving the show several chances. I fear for the future of anime if people are willing to make crap like this popular. That's all I have to say.
It is a Shounen Jump series. Most of them are popular. Yugioh, Bleach, DBZ, One Piece, Naruto, Death Note, Rurouni Kenshin, I could go on. And Death Note (and the second season of Rurouni Kenshin) are the only utterly fantastic series in that list.

Last edited by Orga777; 05-27-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-08-2009
Not a Moderator

Blurb: KRILLIN!
Send a message via MSN to eternity

Naruto is better than Yu-Gi-Oh!. That's right, I said it.

Sure, it can be stupid, and annoying some times, but in Naruto, it's actually creative. Naruto has battles, and deals with problems... sort off.

Yu-Gi-Oh! is just adults playing Children's Card Games. Yeah. real entertaining.

However....;

Bleach > Naruto > Yu-Gi-Oh!.
Old 06-09-2009
BANNEDARCHER!

Location: From the United Kingdom I'm looking for him. I'm going to California~
Blurb: Fool!

There is already a Naruto thread in the Anime/Manga section. You may discuss your dislike of it there.
Closed Thread