This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged Series Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2014

Blurb: Beautiful dark twisted fantasy
Exclamation Yugi and Yami's soul head canon *dm & gx spoliers*

We all know that Yugi becomes host to Atem's spirit and they share a body. Some people think that Yami & Yugi are two separate people because of that and since Yami was connected to the puzzle they should not be considered as one person. I actually beg to differ.

Why?

Because when we are first introduced to Yami we know him as Yami no Yugi aka the Dark Yugi. That would mean there are two of Yugi, part light and part dark. So what if during Ancient Egypt Pharaoh Atem only sealed part of his soul into the Millennium Puzzle, and the other part to later become Yugi. That way it would make more sense because eventually they would reunite as one.

Now you're probably telling me "no because doesn't Yami leave eventually to the afterlife as his own person?"

Yes he does. I, however, don't believe that he fully goes into the afterlife. If him and Yugi are truly one soul they will always be one. I believe that after Atem went through that door that part of his soul merged with Yugi and they become a whole again. Not whole as in Yami is still around taking over duels and stuff, but around in the sense that Yugi's soul is whole again, not half and half. (I hope you understand what I mean by that :/ )

This would explain what happens later on in GX, during the last few episodes when Yugi shows up and takes Jaden back in time to duel his past self.

Let me repeat that.

Yugi, regular future Yugi, non-Millennium Puzzle Yugi, somehow manages to take Jaden back into time.

How? How? How? How?

How could he do that without the powers of the Puzzle that, let me remind you, is buried god knows how deep below the ground?

I believe it had to do with Yami. There was no way Yugi could have done that on his own. Yami is the only one who could get away with stuff like that because of his shadow powers. So maybe Yami's soul did merge along with Yugi. That's the only way it all makes sense.

Just a weird head canon of mines. What do you guys think?