This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormented
I never said there was no good death metal. There's plenty good death metal.
Ah - "(no "Good death metal? Such a thing exists?" nonsense, please)" wasn't directed at you.

Death metal bands without originality or anything that sets them apart from the pack don't generally get their songs listened to by me more than once. It's a pretty varied genre too, actually, especially when symphonic/classical or progressive elements are thrown in.

As for being able to decipher the lyrics... well, it's definitely possible, but it also definitely depends on how the vocals are delivered. Screams and growls can be entirely different and more comprehensible with any given singer.

Last edited by Ohara; 07-27-2010 at 02:02 AM.
Old 07-21-2010

Blurb: I dunno what is going on. OKay?

Rap isn't getting any debate, but death metal is. I'm loling here.
Old 07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlawedFlaw View Post
Rap isn't getting any debate, but death metal is. I'm loling here.
Because rap would have to be your favorite music. Lulz, not possible.
Old 07-22-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TillymintKaiba View Post
It really gets on my nerves when people start saying how bad a piece of music you like is or instantly label you because of your favourite band.
The worst people are the idiots on youtube who post on videos that bands suck and songs suck. I end up screaming Don't watch it then you...And yell many naughty words. Is also in the media A.K.A My Chemical Romance being blamed for the suicide of the teenage girl Hannah Bond.

Seriously is it THAT hard to not listen to the music you like and let the people who do like that music just listen to it?
u mad?
Old 07-24-2010

Blurb: I dunno what is going on. OKay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormented View Post
Because rap would have to be your favorite music. Lulz, not possible.
I actually do class rap as a favorite of mine. No joke. I like it when done well.
Old 10-29-2010

Blurb: I'm a random windstorm. SHAKY SHAKY!
Send a message via MSN to PoisonXLilly

I get the same type of crap all of the time for liking Britney Spears.
I love her music, and I find her to be a brilliant and wonderful woman.
A lot of people trash her, and think she's an idiot, but if you actually take the time to go in her shoes for a minute, and just think of all the crap she gets...
Paparazzi following her everywhere, so she can't get a minute of peace.
Everyone is gossiping about her life. She can't do ANYTHING anymore without someone being there to judge her and telling her YES or NO.

.../sorta end rant...

I also love Miley Cyrus. Nothing wrong with that. Her music has a nice beat, and she also gets the same crap as Britney Spears.

At the same time, I also like Regina Spektor, Katy Perry, and I listen to Japanese music, French music, Italian music...

Music is music. Your too busy judging the person.

._."
So yeah.
Old 11-03-2010
Banned

Last edited by Feel Good; 11-03-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-09-2010

I can't say I'm bothered by stuff like that anymore. I guess I've learnt to pretty much ignore most comments either made on YouTube videos of music I enjoy or little comments in the street. It personally doesn't bother me and as far as I see it when I see a 'fight' over YouTube comments the users replying to the users making unnecessary comments are just fuelling them to continue.

Though I can understand why it annoys other people. I don't think it's worth it but it's understandable if you absolutely adore something and someone is ripping it to shreds...I’d feel like I was wasting time and energy on those people by replying though.

I’ve heard of music being labelled for the suicide of some teens so many times, unless someone is mentally unstable and actually might listen to a lyric that says “omg lyk kill yurself” then I don’t believe they should be blaming it on music.
Old 11-16-2010

Blurb: I'm having an adequate time.

I guess saying you prefer Punk to Metal makes you a hipster in my social circle.