This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007

I think the series is too short. It was only like 23 episodes and it was the best show ever. It was really funny and was full of awsome action, and it was also so emotional. Why did they have to end it?....
Old 07-18-2007

I think it ended well where it did. If it continued, then it would be filled with fillers and then turn gay. Although, i think the manga continued a little more after the anime ended.
Old 07-18-2007

i dont mean after he found his brother i mean just a little more of those episodes before that. like some were for fun and really cool before the whole plot came in.
Old 07-18-2007

Oh, like some random episodes just because?
Old 07-18-2007

yea
Old 07-18-2007

It'd be weird at first...i think if they were going to add more episodes, it should be random ones in the middle of the series. Like comic relief episodes.
Old 07-18-2007

There are actually 26 episodes are all. By the way the manga is long heres why:

They started making the anime before the manga was finished, so because they were airing on TV they couldn't wait for Nightow to get his mangas out they just make it all their own. However (even if I never did finish the manga) they stayed true to it through all the episodes up until Paradise, I think... or was it the one before that? Either way thats mostly the reason why.
Old 07-19-2007

It's not too short, it finished with (well at the time) the normal series length. It was pretty good.
Old 07-19-2007

Quote:
They started making the anime before the manga was finished, so because they were airing on TV they couldn't wait for Nightow to get his mangas out they just make it all their own. However (even if I never did finish the manga) they stayed true to it through all the episodes up until Paradise, I think... or was it the one before that? Either way thats mostly the reason why.
For reference, that's INCREDIBLY common in anime. For example, my favorite anime (Rozen Maiden) has had 2 12-episode seasons and a 2-episode OVA, but the manga itself just recently ended in Japan. Dragon Ball Z suffered from those extended "fight" scenes (I use that term loosely, just think of the Frieza saga and you'll catch my drift) because of that very reason too. Bleach, Negima and Naruto are all ongoing manga series, and while Negima just decided to stray from the plot and end it early, Naruto and Bleach have become notorious for filler because of the fact that the source manga series are still running while the anime are being produced.
Old 07-19-2007

well yea very long fight scenes in dbz
Old 07-20-2007

I know that, I was just letting everyone know incase they didn't.

Trigun is my obsession, so even though it was short it was a great anime. Although the ending was too open though, lots of things to make Fan Fictions of though. ;)
Old 07-21-2007

I think Trigun ended fine. I wasn't too pleased that it DID end, but the way the anime was going, I had no idea where it should go next.
Old 07-21-2007

^_^ No problem, but further education of people who don't know is never a bad thing either.

Anyway, to actually get on topic, I think Trigun ended just fine. I think when a series does it right, the fans WANT it to continue, but the producers need to stay smart and end it the way it should be ended instead of beating a dead horse into the ground. A great anime can turn mediocre pretty quickly that way.
Old 07-22-2007

I agree that Trigun did end in the right spot. I wouldn't want it to be another Inuyasha where I was saying to myself "enough already!"