This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged Series Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2013

Default Does anyone actually play the card game?

So we seen Kaiba and Yugi and friends duel, but do any of you play? I decided to dust off my old blue eyes deck for the lolz... and needless to say I dont have as much luck as yami yugi. hmm might need a puzzle... of the millennium kind!
Old 05-26-2013
call me the Mime: silent but deadly

Location: In the deepest, darkest abyss in which your worst fears come to life to feast on your misery
Blurb: my macrophage will go phagocytosis ALL OVER your ass

Yes i do! Although I'd get murdered in a competition, lol, I just play for fun. I use Dragons
Old 05-27-2013
I don't always play a children's card game, but when I do, is a shadow's children's card game

Blurb: Only real men use Watapon

I do, I use Zombie, Normal, Chaos, Mill, Stall, Madolche and Divine Beast decks, I never have won a tournament but I have been close and I can kick a pair of butts.
Old 05-28-2013

LOL looks like not many play. I might get back into it if I didn't have so many finals coming up :'(
Old 05-29-2013
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

I used to play when I was in school, but haven't done so in years. I used to run a spirit deck that is probably very outdated by now. I taught my little cousins how to play, but that was a long time ago.
Old 06-01-2013

Location: Surrounded by Daleks, the TARDIS nowhere in sight. Help!
Blurb: If anyone's stealing the Pharaoh's leather pants, it's me!

I play the card game! I finally got the Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon! I've been searching all over for it and now I finally have it!
Old 06-02-2013

Location: In the deepest, darkest abyss in which your worst fears come to life to feast on your misery

Hurray for BEUD!!!! Thats one of the coolest cards ever.
Old 06-03-2013

I have the BEUD too :)

BEUD > All 3 God cards
Old 06-03-2013

I'm pissed they banned Future Fusion, whenever I was dueling my brother I'd just whip that card card out and get Ultimate Dragon in like 3 turns. That and dragon's mirror was unstoppable
Old 06-09-2013
Banned

Location: In a realm much like this one, but torn asunder by the agonized screams of those that defied me
Blurb: Your fear fuels my destiny of power and vengeance. Fear me!

In the darkness at the dawn of time, I witnessed a card game in a realm much like your own, but one that has long since disappeared... It was a duel to make even the denizens of anime tremble at its memory. It tore the world asunder and none but I lived to tell of it. Now you mortals play with your pitiful tournaments and pathetic motorized bicycles. But know this: none shall matter when the Great Card Game returns to crush this land as it has so many others.
Old 06-10-2013

Location: In Texas, playing card games on motorcycles with yugi and the gang
Blurb: There's only one way to solve this problem: a card game

Dude your not even staying on topic with us. I'm usually not the mean person but what your saying is really irrelevant and weird and what exactly are u trying to prove. We come here to talk about leather pants, card games on motorcycles, and cute yaoi pairings, as well as the real and abridged yugioh series. Anyway even if the world does "end" we will all survive if we believe in "the heart of the cards". :p
Old 06-10-2013

Oh and also I play the card game. It's fun I play with Marik-is-king on DN.
Old 06-10-2013

XD Right back at ya
I'm so popular
Old 06-10-2013
Baby Panda

Blurb: Firmly grasp it in your hand

I used to play when I was younger... I was a huge fan of the Yu-gi-oh 4kids dub when I was a kid. I lost interest for awhile and sold my deck at a garage sale. since then YGOTAS has rekindled my interest in Yu-gi-oh and I need to build a new deck...
Old 06-10-2013

have you tried DuelingNetwork? it's a free site that let's you play with other people
Old 06-10-2013
Baby Panda

I'll have to check it out sometime
Old 06-10-2013
Baby Panda

As much as I'd like to play duelmonsters again, I'm afraid to say I can't remember how :(
Old 06-10-2013

I can help you if you like.
Old 06-10-2013
Baby Panda

that'd be good, if you have the time
Old 06-11-2013

Blurb: The internets favourite Scotsman

Used to when I was little but grew out of it.
Old 06-12-2013
Banned

Location: In a realm much like this one, but torn asunder by the agonized screams of those that defied me
Blurb: Your fear fuels my destiny of power and vengeance. Fear me!

My words are of the utmost relevance! The heart of the cards is entwined with the darkness that shall consume all for they are truly one and the same. In the mortals' time of most dire need, it shall betray all who once held it dear. Even yaoi shall not save you.
Old 06-12-2013

Blurb: "Subete ga Barian sekai no tame ni"

Cid, there's something you should know about fangirls. Oblivion can't touch fangirls for they are indomitable.
Old 06-17-2013

Default Jagamesh

I play the game and I play it well, "cough" God Cards "cough", oh sorry about that a bit of a sore throat, "cough" More locals than I care to count "cough", oh there I go again, better leave before I pass it on.
Old 07-10-2013

It is one of my favourite games. on the one hand, you have to think about what you do, on the other hand every situation can be changed when you do it correctly. When your opponent has 20 Goblins in Magic, you can't do anything about it, but in ygo you can summon a blue eyes and everything is alight, until he is destroyed. Also you have to actually tribute things. in Magic you pay your Mana and have it back the next round. It is no sacrifice, you don't have to think about it. in Yugioh, tributing and discarding really cause you to lose something, but on the other hand be part of your strategy as well.
I still have my old decks, but I am not using them anymore. instead I play online on http://www.duelingnetwork.com/ a lot. I'd really recommend this site for everyone who wants to play. It is free and everyone has every card in existence right from the beginning. Therefore the better player and not the one with the most money wins. Another advantage is, that the site doesn't know the rules. You can do whatever you what, which means you can also take back a card to your hand when you discarded the wrong one accidentally or you can play according to your own rules if you want to. Also you can be sure, that the site doesn't make mistakes like the ygo-duel accelerator from Konami did. If someone dares to fight me, you will find me under the name "Kronus Exodeus", becaus Kronus was already used.
My favourite Deck is a Blue eyes white Dragon deck, which summons those adorable dragons over and over again and also summons the ultimate dragon and the five headed dragon. I like it, because it is strong enough to handle all the new decks, even though it doesn't use syncro nor xyz.
What I dislike about this game is, that you have no other coice but buy the newest cards all the time. a long time ago, 1900ATK was 5 stars, now you can summon 4000/4000 in your first turn. Syncro and xyz allow you to summon strong cards without doing anything for it. let's take the dragon rules for example. They allow you to summon a bunch of monsters in one turn and xyz them. they are all LV 7, so you can get stuff like the big eye or other overpowerd cards.
Also old cards get forbidden, while new ones are allowed. snatch steal for example is forbidden. It allowes you to take control over an opponent's monster, as long as snatch steal remains on the field. so your opponent can get his monster back. furthermore, your opponent gains 1000LP each turn. Big eye on the contrary is xyz, which means you don't even have to draw it in order to summon it. with this one card, you get a strong monster and may take control over two opponents Monsters permanently, even if the big eye was destroyed. After everyone bought that card, they will probably prohibit it and invent a new and even stronger one.
But you don't have this problem on http://www.duelingnetwork.com/ because everyone has every card and you can say this like "I don't want to play with you, when you use xyz" A problem about this site is that there are several idiots who just quit without reason or don't know the detailed rules. not knowing the rules isn't a crime of cause, but I once said "you can't do that. my graveyard isn't considered part of my field for this effect" and he said "yes" and I said "look at page 43" and he left. But we will probably have a lot of fun together, if one of you wants to.

to answer the question:
yes, I do play the card game.
Old 07-11-2013

I do, Yu-gi-oh was a part of my childhood that has lasted. My best friend and I when we were younger used to play the game all the time and we still play it quite frequently, albeit not as much but it is still frequent. For a few years I didn't play and my cards stayed in a box but YGOTAS revived my interest in both the card game but it has also triggered a nostalgic interest in the show as well haha.
Old 07-13-2013

Send a message via Yahoo to DayWithoutGames

Never touch a real YGO card because no one sells cards around here , so no tournament for me lol .

I only play YGO on game systems like : Forbidden Memories , Power of Chaos , GX Tag Force on PS2 ( the only game that lazy-ass Konami ported from PSP ) and right now Im playing emulated Duel Transer on PC .

I like to make archetype decks like : Batteryman , Steelswarm , Gladiator Beast , Dark World , Lightsworn , Reptilianne , Monarch , Ancient Gear , Watt , 6 Samurai ( without any Legendary Samurai , but it is still strong )

I also made a Blue Eyes Shining Dragon deck , it is better than any deck with god card , but it still has weakness : BESD is immune to effects but BE Ultimate Dragon isnt .

I think the best monster is Herald of Perfection , it can negate EVERYTHING , except only Divine Wrath , and you can use Dark Factory of Mass Production to return Normal Fairies back to your hand .
Old 07-19-2013

Blurb: KILL GOKU

I still play, my monsters of choice are Fiends and Zombies (with a few spellcasters). I used to play with an altered version of the "Zombie World" deck and was quite fond of my Red Eyes Zombie Dragon. Recently, I've taken a more Fiendish approach, I use a lot of Bakura-esque cards too.
Old 08-26-2013

Talking

I play it when i can but not too many people actually play it where i live so its kinda hard to, but i do play as much as i can.
Old 08-27-2013

I think the greatest problem with playing Yugioh is that it is concidered a children's card game instead of an adult's card game because of the artwork and the seies (the one where very many people died^^). there is no problem finding magic the gathering players, though it is not even halv as good as Yugioh, even though Yugioh has degraded a lot with the common Meta and the one befor that as well a bit. I remember that the whole "sarching fo the ight card" thing stated at the end of GX with lightswon and gladiator beast. with synchro you could summon one out of 15 monsters of you choise nearly any time and with XYZ it became even more easy. and now it is basicly nothing more than "who gets his otk first?" Still it is actually a nice game, especially when you play it with the right people.
I'd be very happy if we could establish a yugioh-subforum for talking about rules and strategies, discuss our decks, and oganise tounaments.
how do you like that idea and who has the permission to do so?
Old 08-27-2013
Closet Trekkie

Blurb: I am Lorde, Ya Ya Ya
Send a message via MSN to GcarOatmealRaisinCookies

Actually, MTG is just as good as YGO in my opinion. I've played both.
The only difference in the games is halfway decent decks of MTG can be built at a more economical price, than YGO.