This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Anime/Manga
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2010

Default Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni/When the Cicadas Cry

We have a young man named Keiichi Maebara come to a sleepy, peaceful country town of Hinamizawa. Through some odd coincidence, all of his closest friends are girls, two, Rena Ryuuguu (Bloody Mary Sue) and Mion Sonozaki (The green haired girl that isn't not her twin sister Shion) are in the same grade, the other two are token lolis, Satako Houjou (She maeks tarps) and Rika Furude (Schizophrenia prophet). Wait, what's that? You said he had two younger boys as friends? When was this? Anyway, here are our characters in this happy heart warming fami... what is this? ITS BLOOD! ITS MY BLOOD!

Keiichi Maebara (He may or may not have time to kill): The main character (?)that moved in just in time for wonderful fun and laughter (wait, did u say there was an "s" at the beginning of that last word?) He has a way with words that can make anybody change their mind... ANYBODY. He wears a white button shirt and is very, VERY smart, but he's not a nerd folks! He can swing a bloody good home run too (literally). Did I forget to mention he looks stunningly gorgeous in Mother Goose shaped undies.

Rena Ryuuguu (Bloody Mary Sue): She likes everything in and out of cute, and when she has her target set, expect her to win a 5k run in seconds. But lets not fool ourselves, she is Wolverine's competition and can ruin just about anybody's modeling career for good. Her favorite pass time at the park is sitting on the mood swing while creepily singing "Mary had a little lamb" with a decently sized hooked cleaver (I'M LYING IN THIS SENTENCE!) She is in fact very paranoid of everybody's friendly neighborhood Oyashiro Sama.

Mion Sonozaki (She definitely isn't not her twin sister Shion): This old man, she played 2, she plays boardgames just like Clue, and a mix match card attack and she has a clone, this old man's not coming home. The club leader who for some reason uses the honorific for old men, she is the only character who hasn't done anything wrong, or did she? She collects boardgames and card games like no other (I wonder what duel monsters she has?). She has an air soft gun for fun and that's no pun, because he never uses it, NEVER!

Satako Houjou (She Maeks Tarps): A young blond who can make Chucky look like child's play, but sadly lacks a real sadistic drive. As young as she is, she likes to go to school EARLY, and the reason for that is making pranks that may or may not kill or at least fatally injure people. But she doesn't have a mommy or a daddy, and her nii nii Satoshi is missing too. Where is social services when you need them?

Rika Fuuruude (Schizophrenic Prophet): What words can describe this most kawaii bowl of sugar in the world? Cute, adorable.... HOLY SNAP HER VOICE CHANGED AND SOUNDS LIKE A FATALISTIC ADULT! Not too much I can say here except that she knows something and saying too much about her would ruin the already confusing plot.

Shion Sonozaki (She definitely isn't not her twin sister Mion Sonozaki): This old man, she played 8, she's looking for her soul mate, with a room full of torture tools she'll rape you when alone, this old man has a crazy dome. Shion is the older twin, but got mixed with her younger twin and was sent off to another land in Japan. Just pick up the phone and have fun with it, because after that, she is going leave you looking for something other than the boogey man under your bed.
Old 11-01-2010
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

What the fuck did I just read?
Old 05-30-2013

Blurb: WHY SO BRITISH?

I'm actually watching that anime at the moment, It seems interesting.