This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Anime/Manga
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite JoJo series?
Phantom Blood 0 0%
Battle Tendency 2 100.00%
Stardust Crusaders 0 0%
Diamond is Unbreakable 2 100.00%
Vento Aureo 0 0%
Stone Ocean 1 50.00%
Steel Ball Run 1 50.00%
JoJolion 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2012

Blurb: Yare yare dawa!
Marshmallow
Default JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Latest chapter:
JoJolion Chapter 18: Trouble with the Curve
Latest episode:
Battle Tendency Episode 11 (JJBA Episode 20): Caesar's Lonely Youth
Latest movie:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood
Latest OVA:
OVA Episode 7 - Justice
Latest Viz release:
Stardust Crusaders Volume 16 (JJBA Volume 28): The Long Journey Ends, Goodbye My Friends
Latest Super Techno Arts release:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Volume 6 (OVA Episodes 12 - 13)
Lastest Game Release:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD Version (PSN, XBLA)
Latest US Game Release:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD Version (PSN, XBLA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (JoJo no Kimyo na Boken) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Hirohiko Araki. It was originally serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump from 1987 to 2004, before being transferred to the monthly seinen magazine Ultra Jump. The current story arc, JoJolion, started in 2011. It is currently Shueisha's second longest running manga series with 107 volumes and counting (only Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Koen-mae Hashutsujo, with over 170 volumes, has more). It was previously the longest manga not to have a TV anime adaptation.

A six-volume original video animation adaptation of the later half of the series' third story arc, Stardust Crusaders, was released from 1993 to 1994 by Studio APPP. Six years later, they produced a seven-volume series adapting the arc's first half from 2000 to 2002. Studio APPP also produced a theatrical film of the first arc, Phantom Blood, in 2007. From 2003 to 2005, Super Techno Arts released an English dub of both OVA series as one on DVD in North America. Only the third story arc of the manga, which is the most popular and well-known, received an English release in North America by Viz Media from 2005 to 2010. A television anime, produced by David Production and beginning from the first arc, began airing on Tokyo MX on October 5, 2012.

The JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga has sold over 70 million copies in Japan alone and has spawned a large media franchise that includes several novelizations and video games, action figures, a jewelry line titled Passione, and even snack foods.

Part I: Phantom Blood [Volumes 1 - 5 (Chapters 1 - 44), Episodes 1 - 9]

Part II: Battle Tendency [Volumes 5 - 12 (Chapters 45 - 113), Episodes 10 - 26]
Part III: Stardust Crusaders (currently being re-scanned by anon scans) [Volumes 12 - 28 (Chapters 114 - 265)]
Part IV: Diamond is Unbreakable (currently being re-scanned by The Invincible Trio)[Volumes 29 - 47 (Chapters 266 - 439)]
Part V: Vento Aureo (currently being re-scanned by JoJo Project) [Volumes 47 - 63 (Chapters 440 - 594)]
Part VI: Stone Ocean [Volumes 64 - 80 (Chapters 595 - 752)]
Part VII: Steel Ball Run [Volumes 81 - 104 (Chapters 1 - 95)]
Part VIII: JoJolion [Volumes 105+ (Chapters 1+)]

Last edited by SSY; 02-25-2013 at 01:09 AM. Reason: UPDATE #4
Old 02-01-2013

Blurb: I came here to laugh at you.

Actually in the process of reading the whole series; I'm up to Steel Ball Run right now, but I've enjoyed most of the parts so far. No piece of media should ever be that FABULOUS, especially Part 5.
Old 02-25-2013

Blurb: Yare yare dawa!
Marshmallow

Just finished watching episode 20.

CAESAR!

This episode has proved yet again that this series is one of the best manga adaptations ever made.