This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Anime/Manga
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2010

Blurb: Nod at the bird and PEOPLE DIE, everywhere PEOPLE DIE!
Send a message via AIM to 0mnislash17 Send a message via MSN to 0mnislash17
Default School Days

So I've just finished the entire anime (12 Episodes) and well...don't have much to say about it. I had heard this was supposed to be a great anime and judging by the ratings I had seen as well I thought it would live up to that. Unfortunately for me, it did not. I felt it was lacking a lot in comparison to a lot of other animes out there in it's genre.

How about the rest of you? Do you share my thoughts or do they differ? Discuss.
Old 09-30-2010
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

Is this the show with the "nice boat" ending? If so, I don't know what you were expecting. Everyone who has seen this show says it was garbage except for the "nice boat."
Old 09-30-2010

Blurb: Nod at the bird and PEOPLE DIE, everywhere PEOPLE DIE!
Send a message via AIM to 0mnislash17 Send a message via MSN to 0mnislash17

If you mean the psycho on the boat at the end, then I think we're on the same page. I was expecting a lot because I had heard good things about it...guess people have some weird tastes cause it didn't live up to the praise I had heard.
Old 09-30-2010

Send a message via MSN to roxasabridged

It is good, but Makoto has got to be one of the biggest douche bags in anime. Fortunately, his manga counterpart seems far more caring and less of a sex crazed maniac.

... For now.
Old 01-01-2011
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

never seen this one because princple never appealed to me, my friends tried to make me watch it, but only justifcation was the somewhat pointless sounding ending (which I have no idea what it is)
Old 01-02-2011

Send a message via MSN to Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0mnislash17 View Post
If you mean the psycho on the boat at the end, then I think we're on the same page. I was expecting a lot because I had heard good things about it...guess people have some weird tastes cause it didn't live up to the praise I had heard.
Well, no. During the initial run, the violence of the 12th episode was deemed too untimely(a murder had just taken place in which a young girl killed her father) and thus too explicit(had it been aired) to be shown. Instead, they broadcasted a video of European scenery. A rather nice ferry was displayed for an unnecessary amount of time. Since then, "Nice Boat" has become a meme to express abrupt censorship.

As for my opinion of the show... I didn't dislike it. I was entertained enough to watch every episode. It wasn't amazing, and the comparisons to Higurashi are innaccurate and nearly unwarranted except by one dull similarity. You can't blame people for trying to perpetuate the whole "killer girl(s)" thing, I suppose.
Edit: It is a bit fair ot compare the School Days game to the Higurashi games, though. The mechanics are similar, they are after all both visual novels.

Last edited by Ave; 01-02-2011 at 01:06 AM.