This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Anime/Manga
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2010

Blurb: ???? ?????!

The original > new superiority complex really has to stop...
Old 03-05-2010

Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985

Here's my view of GX:
the main character's an idiot.
Ok, E hero's. I SUMMON... hawkman? what the hell?
yugi-centric sidekick character, abiguous transvestite teacher, the card game playing nerd version of vegeta for a rival, BOING! bad ass, wait a minute... what the hell is kaiba doing here? and then when i think that i can tolerate it... they introduce the actual villians and things just go downhill from there. I didn't make it past the first season.

as for 5Ds, i fell off right at the part with ushio playing cardgames on a motorcycle. plus i have the strangest suspicion that he may be a pedo. he just has this unreasonable obsession with all of the main characters, who happen to be kids.
Old 03-17-2010

I HATE GX, but I'm good with 5d's
But the original was the bomb
Old 03-22-2010

Default do i hate Gx or 5ds?

Personaly i say for one i don't like the english version its alright but come on it went way far away from the plot.

the Japanese they have all the best action yu-gi-oh Dm in Japanese was awsome
Yu-Gi-Oh Gx was alright they had not many fights and stuck to being in the school (mostly)
Yu-Gi-Oh 5ds in japanese is like wow cussing,punches,better plot,blood,and much alot of feeling they actuly kicked the card game into the next level all they need now is to bring the cards to life like in the show
Old 03-23-2010

Blurb: "Dragon-Fetish included"
Send a message via AIM to Seta Kino

I hated both GX and 5D's. That's not to say that I didn't give them a chance. I did. I just couldn't tolerate either of them. The original will always and forever more be the best. But that's just my opinion.
Old 03-24-2010

There very different but still good in my view. I mean the dub. i like the dub though the subbed Yugioh Zero is kickass!
Old 03-27-2010

I like how only two people(exaggerating) who posted actually had a good reason to hate the series, everyone else is just one sentence usually with the words: I, hate and it

each show has a flaw and we all know it. The only reason why people like the first one is because we grew up with it.
Honestly I used to hate GX and 5D because of this. I gave them both a fair chance and looked it in the eyes of a child(Childhood powers GO!!!) and you know what. 5D is not bad.

Everyone grips about it saying "Oh its on motorbikes" yeah so? Its not bad for a series to take a new approaches. I mean Sonic wasn't always running. He went to racing and party games as well. did they suck. Most people say yes, but I thought Sonic R was fun. So was Sonic Shuffle.

5D only has few motorbike duels. When the Dark Signer arc was starting I saw about 3-4 duels out of 20 episodes or so. take that into an average and only 1/5 of it was motor bikes divide that by 30 and only 6 minutes of an episode would be dedicated to the motorbike duel if the entire arc as 30 minutes long.

5D complainers also say: OH syncron is too confusing.

Yeah ,sure. Syncro is nothing more then a fancier version of union monsters.
Just a bit of more requirements you need to actually summon them.

Cons of 5D: Too many characters. I honestly get the names confused at times because they are so many.

Now GX is meh in standards. Mainly because of how terrible the dubbing was for GX. I tolerated both 5D and the YGO, but their was bad dubbing, bad censoring, and they skipped an entire season.

When I mean by censoring I mean any japanese references.
They call Tempora(fried shrimp to you english folks) French fries in one episode and if I am not mistaken the very next episode they had "French Fries", but instead they called it "Fried Shrimp" yeah consistent ain't it.

The concept was nice at the time, but because they had a limited enviroment they had to rely on really weird shaft to happen. Like some emo kid gets possed by Ashula Danshaku(you'll never get this reference)

Yu-Gi-Oh: Apperently everyone loved this. Most likely its just the characters appearances.
Becaues I hear "Oh bakura is so Kawaii" or some crap like that on Deviantart.
Story was paper thin and redundant.
"These are Locater Cards, not star chips."
The only season I actually liked was the last season because wouldn't ya know they tried going for a different approach. With little to no childeren's card game in site. Only ancient egyptian slabs of stone.

Now I have yet to read Yu-Gi-Oh R, but my hopes aren't high at all.

Last edited by 90HeroMAXD; 03-27-2010 at 01:48 AM.
Old 03-27-2010

Hey! This is my bread and butter you're f**king with!
Old 03-27-2010

Blurb: I'm not worthy of your kindness^^;;;!!

I simply dont like either of them because YUGI isnt even in them!!!! Why have it be called "Yu-Gi-Oh" whatever, if that character is barely, if even shown??? Why not just call it "Duel Monsters" or something??? Geez...
Old 03-27-2010

Blurb: Trading cards are the fabric of life.

Synchros are easy to get actually play the game and it makes sense.
Old 03-28-2010

Send a message via MSN to roxasabridged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staclara View Post
I simply dont like either of them because YUGI isnt even in them!!!! Why have it be called "Yu-Gi-Oh" whatever, if that character is barely, if even shown??? Why not just call it "Duel Monsters" or something??? Geez...
Because Yu-Gi-Oh isn't Yugi's name.
Old 03-28-2010

Blurb: "It's bad luck to open an umberella inside! And its GREEN!! ARE YOU INSANE??!!" ~ Outnumbered <3

Yu-Gi-Oh means "Game King," so technically it still counts as the name for the series. Personally I love the original and i like gx. But when i watched 5d's... it was painful, i'll leave it at that.
"Dear 4kids,
you failed... big time."
Old 03-28-2010

Blurb: The french are french!

agreed with the above!
Old 03-28-2010

Blurb: "It's bad luck to open an umberella inside! And its GREEN!! ARE YOU INSANE??!!" ~ Outnumbered <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSloth View Post
agreed with the above!
thank you NinjaSloth!
Old 03-28-2010

Blurb: The french are french!

i like cake
Old 03-30-2010

I have tried to watch GX, and I did sort of like what I saw there but I still can't really get into it, I don't know. I also tried watching 5d's but I thought it was so dumb I didn't even bother watching any more of it.

I'm just one of those people that prefer the original. Sometimes it's best to leave things the way they are rather than try to do spin offs.

I haven't read Yu-Gi-Oh R either yet though.
Old 04-06-2010

I haven't really even touched either of those, and I don't know if I will in the near future.

I think I still prefer Season 0, honestly. The card games get a bit old, and I like the darker components involved in Season 0.
Old 04-09-2010

I tried GX and really didn't like it (although DSI's abridged GX is amazing), sorry GX I tried to like you.

I really do like 5D's though, more than the original even. It has a plot, the card games on bikes are badass and it just seems to work.
Old 04-09-2010

Blurb: when in fear when in dout run around,scream and shout

i totaly hate both shows so hard...there is only one card game show. and 4kids ruined it honestly season 0 was so awesome
Old 04-21-2010

I tried to watch both but I just really didn't like 'em xD
Original FTW <3
Old 04-23-2010

Blurb: Just a high school kid who wants to make it to the top one day!
Send a message via Yahoo to Skoringo

Both are no where near the original, however I'll just say this:
I LOVE YU-GI-OH!
I like Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
I dislike (NOT HATE) Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds
I will watch 5Ds only cause theres nothing else on
Old 04-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAliasUnknown View Post
I haven't really even touched either of those, and I don't know if I will in the near future.

I think I still prefer Season 0, honestly. The card games get a bit old, and I like the darker components involved in Season 0.
Ditto.
Old 04-24-2010

Blurb: I was very annoying in 2009
Marshmallow

GX plain out sucked 'cept for season 4. 5D's on the other hand is actually really good and the newfags have to stop being all " LOLOLOL CARDGAMES ON MOTORCYCLESS WHAT THIS IS" before giving the series a chance.
Old 04-25-2010

I don't hate the GX series, but I don't necessarily like it either.
Old 04-25-2010

Blurb: BARRY FRICKIN' GIBB

I hate them both too!!!! SO. MUCH. It's the same burning hatred I have for kidzbop. ESPECIALLY KIDZ BOP SINGS THE BEATLES. HOW MFING DARE THEY???? It makes me want to murder them in their sleep.
Old 04-25-2010

Blurb: Puzzleshipping FTW!!
Send a message via AIM to Baby Panda Send a message via MSN to Baby Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Baby Panda

I hate GX with a passion. As for 5Ds, I've recently given the dub a chance, and every time Jack Atlus speaks, I want to swallow shards of glass. The Japanese version, however, is pretty cool.
Old 04-26-2010

I watch them, I don't really have many problems with them, other than I miss the Egyptian elements.

The only characters I like are,

GX - Zane, and Yubel

5d's - Akiza, and Crow.
Old 04-26-2010

Blurb: The YGO Marathon was ace. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Panda View Post
I hate GX with a passion. As for 5Ds, I've recently given the dub a chance, and every time Jack Atlus speaks, I want to swallow shards of glass. The Japanese version, however, is pretty cool.
Kekeke, that made me laugh. It's so true.

I really ought to give the Japanese version of 5D's a chance, I suppose. We all got to see what YGO was like with Tristan as the main character.
Woo.
It was just as mind-blowing as expected.

As for the GX, the bright colours and 'quirky' catchphrases made my skin crawl. The sad thing was, as much as I hated Jaden, there was an extremely wide range of annoying idiots to choose from.

Cash in while you can! Keep the crappy sequels going for as long as possible..........
Old 04-26-2010

I haven't watched either of them properly. Just a bit of GX (..the ending, actually, or so I remember) and a little of the beginning of the 5D. And.. Yeah. First things first, I never liked the cardgames too much (sometimes, yes), so it felt like that GX and 5D were all about them since there weren't all the awesome things that made me love Yu-Gi-Oh. And I was all like "oh, no, no, nO!" when I watched the first episode of 5D... seriously... cardgames on motorcycles? no.. just no.

So, yeah.
Old 04-26-2010

Blurb: I need to draw more

I've never really cared about those two shows. the original is still the best.