This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Anime/Manga
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2011

Arrow What's better? Reading Manga or Watching Anime? Or Both?

I've always been a bigger fan of reading, so I prefer to read the manga than watch the anime's. I have watched anime, but sometimes I just get mad that it's nothing like the manga so I decide not to watch it, so just state your opinion which do you like better. Reading or Watching??
Old 09-11-2011

Blurb: Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon~

Which is better? Reading a book or watching a movie? They're both good in their own respects.
Old 09-11-2011

I would say both are awesome. Anime because it can integrate new elements and also expand the backstory of some characters (best example is Gozoburo Kaiba who died in the manga while in the anime he survived by digitizing his brainwaves and Pegasus who survived the theft of the millenium eye).
Manga is good because you can read it anywhere. You can also follow the plot better because you can go back to the previous page if you missed something.
Old 09-11-2011

Blurb: Playing in the snow with the Yugioh gang <3

BOTH!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2011

Blurb: CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamiluver01 View Post
BOTH!!!!!!!
AGREED!
Old 09-11-2011

Blurb: "The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence"

In my opinion, both are equally good.

Also, depending on the method of storytelling one or the other may be more effective. For example, in Princess Tutu a lot of the story is told through dancing. So that would be a seires that would be best animated instead of on manga where there is still art.

(but again, this is just my opinion so feel free to disagree :p)

Last edited by angel of darknezz; 09-11-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-23-2011

Both are good but sometimes I get angry at the anime -.-;

The anime sometimes cuts out really interesting stuff or they just develop a new bad story from the manga. For instance, in Black Butler the second season was (in my opinion) a disaster, the ending was bad, the new characters were... not bad but just i didn't like how they developed and there were more sexual implications and I feel awkward watching that.
But at the same time, some times the anime does an AMAZING branch off, like the first Full Metal Alchemist season, it was second to the manga, but it was still amazing and I loved it ^_^ So I guess it just depends ^_^
(Just my opinion)
Old 07-31-2012

Has to be both :)