This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007

Decided to make a topic for the world's best Sci-Fi show in which a British alien travels through the universe and time in a police box with a companion who is usually female, but the whole thing isn't sexual (Yay, a run-on sentence).
I wish Torchwood (spinoff series) would come over to America...In America.
So, who else are fans of the series?
(Fourth and Tenth Doctor for the win)
Old 07-17-2007

HELLZ YAH i love doctor who

i ofcourse download the show cause i live in america so i see the stuff the night the stuff comes out on BBC
Old 07-17-2007

Christopher Eccleston as the doctor is awesome. :p
Old 07-17-2007

If I could Marry Chistopher Eccleston i SO would!!! Kai!!! he makes such a kick ass funny doctor.
Old 07-17-2007

he going to be in a new movie in a month or so
Old 07-17-2007
General Staff

Blurb: The one, the only, the Dix.

Hey TD... If you have the BBC America channel (check with your local service providers), look in the upcoming months there for Torchwood!
Old 07-18-2007

Ya, but because of Torchwood, the current gal (don't know her name) will be leaving to go do her part there.

And then the wedding girl will be replacing her for a while.....I hate that...
Old 07-18-2007

Doctor Who is a classic. The old series, that is. I mean, seriously, the special series just sucks. Don't know why. Paul McGann and Sylvester McCoy and all those people were better than dull old David Tennant or Chris Eccolston.
Old 07-18-2007

Oh man I'm a HUGE fan of Doctor Who. I didn't really like Torchwood though. Aw man, the last episode was awsome, I can't wait for the new series. But from what I hear, the new series is going to be the last series... that sucks... I also hear he's going to have two traveling companions in the new series, one of whom's been confirmed, I won't say who though for people who don't want to hear it. But anyway, The Doctor rules and Captain Jack sucks! XD
Old 07-18-2007

I'm not a fan of Torchwood at all. It's just too bizarre. I've never been sure if I prefer the new series over the old series, but I do know that Tom Baker is a better Doctor than anyone before or after.
Old 07-18-2007

Catherine Tait as the new assistant.... D= I think I may have to hit something D=
Old 07-18-2007

I know. I didn't like her in the Christmas special, and I'm not desperate for her to be in it now.
Old 07-18-2007

I'm Bovvred.
Old 07-18-2007

Blurb: I got face to personaly mess with me

I don't have a problem with Dona coming back. I like the doctor companion dymanic with out the falling in love factor. The doc also needs someone to slap him in the face sometimes. So should we be keeping spoilers for the americans who didn't go and watch it via the internet?
Old 07-18-2007

Probably. They won't want to know that [ Dalek Sec get's turned into a human before being killed, or that The Doctor isn't the last time lord, and that the Master was brought back before being hastily killed out again. ]
Old 07-18-2007

Doctor Who rules! I cannot wait for this year's Christmas Special starring Kylie Minogue XD
Old 07-18-2007

Quote:
Doctor Who rules! I cannot wait for this year's Christmas Special starring Kylie Minogue XD
you have to be one of the few
Old 07-18-2007

Wot?! Really? It's not Kylie Minogue I'm looking forward to, it's just DW, I was just adding that she starred in it. I love DW, I've just watched by previously taped "Smith and Jones" again. Pure brilliance! XD
Old 07-18-2007

I don't get to watch it as much as I'd like to, but it's just amazing.
The last episode I watched was a few months ago, and it was the last episode with Rose and the Doctor. I was like, "HOLYMOLY IS THIS THE LAST EPISODE?" It was so sad, even though I barely knew the characters.
David Tennant is like, the best Doctor of that "season". The bald guy was just ugly, but looked so British. Fourth and tenth ftw.
Old 07-18-2007
General Staff

Am ist I bovverd...
Old 07-18-2007
General Staff

Oh and enjoy one of my favorite scenes from the Season 3 finale...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aAJmnQx79Qs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aAJmnQx79Qs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 07-19-2007

That is my favourite scene of that episode! It's so funny! XD
Old 07-19-2007

Ahhh, Good to know there's some Doctor Who love in the forums here. I've been watching this show since I was about knee-high to a grasshopper! So good to see The Master return this season (as he has always been my fav villian), and to be played by such a wonderful actor as John Simm was a treat.

Fifth Doctor for the win, hehe!
Old 07-19-2007

i love that scene too its just so funny :D
Old 07-19-2007

That's why I'm annoyed that, spoiler for Americans, [ they killed him out! ] He played the part so well!
Old 07-19-2007

some people didn't like the way John Simm did the role. From what little I did watch if the tail end of the series it looked like he was having a lot of fun. I guess that his role was a bit to diffrent from Sam on "Iife on mars". I always had the felling that Sam was depressed and up set most of the time. I've only really seen one episode of that show.
Old 07-19-2007

I do not agree with the stickiness of this topic.
Old 07-19-2007

I agree. Also, the stickiness of other topics dedicated to one show can also be debated. Why do some of these topics get sticky and others don't?
If this keeps going the entire first page will all be sticky topics dedicated to one show. I think the topics that are more in general should be the ones that should be sticky.
Just a theory and suggestion...or maybe I'm just rambling. :)
Old 07-19-2007
General Staff

<.<

>.>

<.<
Old 07-19-2007

I like David Tennant as the Doctor. Mostly for his long rants he goes on. case 'n' point The Satan Pit. As far as Torchwood goes I could have lived without the heavy push on homosexuality. The show is supposed to be about a government organization solving paranormal mysteries I don't care about everyones sexuality and personal problems.
What I think Doctor Who needs right now is an assistant that isn't a woman from the 21st century. Let's get and guy on there or someone from the future.