This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Conventions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2012

Send a message via AIM to TitanAura
Default ConBravo 2012

http://conbravo.com/

Being a native Michigander within walking distance of Canada, I'm not sure how this con has eluded my attention for two years. This cross-the-border convention in Ontario will be the weekend of July 27-29th.

Pre-registration is $25 and is open until July 1st.

My brother and I are possibly going but nothing is set in stone at the moment. If it's just the two of us, we'll probably stay in some shitty backwater motel and get our sustenance by sucking the moisture out of the drywall (how ironic) but if we can get another couple of people together, we'll probably shell out the extra cash to stay in the main hotel.
Old 06-01-2012

Forgot to mention that with the new border restrictions, it is absolutely REQUIRED for American attendees to have a passport. If you don't already have one, you need to apply for one NOW just to have it in time for the con.
Old 06-01-2012

Blurb: See you in your dreams!

I live in Canada so fuck passports lol
I will be staying at one of the nicer hotels in the city because I have a job...though I might cheap out for a motel...since hotels often don't have kitchens of any kind in there 1-2 bed rooms
so really, what am I paying for? (at anime north I guess it was location)
i just found out about this today, making me want to keep my job and having something for me to reach for, savings wise
Old 06-04-2012

Blurb: Gyabo!

Yes if you're into gaming in particular they got guests coming from Spoony to the Angry Video Game Nerd. The weekend event mixes cosplay with gaming from board and cards games to video games and even larping and outdoor games. There are unique shows from the Live Mario Party to comedy acts. It's in the hotel and the GO train/bus station is not far from it. Hope to see many there!
Old 06-08-2012

Nice, so either way i dont have much of a walk!
not sure which doll i will bring, besides Clover as Dr. Clovsano, bjd's are a con tradition
Old 06-08-2012

My brother and I are confirmed for ConBravo. If you are interested in sharing a room, let me know. Ideally, we can fit in two more people. I do not yet have an estimate on how much it will cost as I am still shopping around for better hotel rates and who knows what gas will cost in a month and a half.
Old 06-09-2012

I enjoy my solitude so always have my own room lol
Old 06-18-2012

We have a hotel room at the nearby Comfort Inn a mile down the road of the convention center. We have decided on the shitty inn option for the sake of $$$ over the convenience and comfort (how ironic) of the convention center hotel. Since we are driving, the trip to and from the convention center will be quite painless and, given the option, WALKING. Woot! No bullshit parking shenanigans!

Again, if anyone wants to chip in on our hotel room, we can offer it for a MUCH lower price than the main hotel.... though you might have to sleep on the floor. Sorry.
Old 07-06-2012

aww shit son will probably have my Rarity plush just in time! boo yeah mo fo
Old 07-18-2012

Blurb: Gyabo!
Default A little sample of the events

There are a bunch of other events where you can meet, greet and interact with The 404s Improv Comedy Troupe, one of the many special guests at Conbravo! Here's the hefty line up of shows and events.

Friday July 27:
-The Halftime Show for the Music Show: Come see a musically-themed 404s show and stay for all the amazing musical acts! It's from 7PM-11PM in the Main Events AB Room.
-Late Night Show with The 404s: The 18+ show of the weekend goes from 11:30PM to 1:30AM in the Main Events AB Room and with overflow seating in the Theatre via live feed.

Saturday July 28:
-You Don't Know Jack!: The infamous video game show is live with The 404s present for it from 11AM-12PM in the Main Events A Room.
-404s Saturday Show: The second show of the weekend from 12PM-2PM in the Main Events AB room.
-Doctor Who Panel: Bring your sonic screwdrivers, and don’t blink! Come for the hour panel from 3PM-4PM in Panel Room B.
-Collector Card Games with The 404s: Come with your Magic Vintage Format Decks (any set is legal as noted at http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Res...ces/sfrvintage ) and/or your Yu-Gi-Oh! Advanced Format decks (restricted list at [COLOR=#0066cc]http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/gameplay/[/COLOR] ) to play the actors one on one for fun and in good battles some neat prizes from 4PM-6PM in the Tabletop Gaming Room.
-D20 Live: This Lords of the Internet Edition comes from the Atrium from 7PM-10PM starring the Internet guests of Conbravo in Spoony, Linkara, Roo and Birdman.
-The Best and Worst of Television Panel: Come and remember the TV moments that made you laugh, cry and rage. It goes from 12AM-1AM in Panel Room A.

Sunday July 28:
-The Legend of Korra Deep Thought Panel: Debate about the Legend of Korra in both a critical and often humourous manner. THERE WILL DEFINITELY BE SPOILERS. The panel goes from 10AM-11AM in Panel Room B.
-Sunday Finale Show: The final 404s show of the weekend happens from 12PM-2PM in the Main Events AB Room.
-Geek Squares: This spin on the classic Hollywood Squares game show will feature the Celebrity Guests which include some of The 404s from 2PM-3PM in the Main Events AB Room.
-Death Note Mafia: Join in this party game of deception, trickery, and yelling at your friends that is now Death Note Style. It goes from 3PM-5PM in Panel Room B.

It will be quite a fun convention and that's just a sample of the events; the final programming schedule is up too at http://conbravo.com/programming/2012-schedule/ so happy planning! Hoping as always to have a post-convention report too for this convention.
Old 07-18-2012

I saw them once...I wanna say Naru2u... I don't remember
I just hope by then I will have either my awesome expensive Rairty plushie or my mane 6 smaller plushies...