This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007

who honestly though this movie was good it didnt go along wit the book at all i hated it
Old 07-16-2007

Blurb: i make films with kroze.
Send a message via AIM to BryyMiller Send a message via MSN to BryyMiller

I thought it went along with the book too well.

To the point of not being a film.
Old 07-16-2007

i havn't seen the moive yet but i think i'll go see it anyways dunno i guess cuz i seen the other 4 don't want to ruin my run lol
Old 07-16-2007

the movie was alright not as good as i expected though xP they boosted it.
Old 07-16-2007

Not at all a spoiler..

Throughout the movie, Fudge denies that Voldemort has returned and marks Dumbledore, Harry and anyone who believes them a liar. When Fudge bursts into one of the scenes and sees He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-Who-Has-Definitely-Returned vanish within the glass particles, the words "The Dark Lord Has Returned..." finally come out of his mouth. Now, I don't know if it's ever happened to anyone else, but everyone in the theater I was in conjunctively said "NO ****", al at the same time. It was a moment, but if it's happened, tell me. I'm testing out a theory.
Old 07-16-2007

OMG~ in the movie theater after he said "The Dark Lord Has Returned..." Everyone was quiet.. and i said outloud "NO REALLY?" and everyone looked back at me but oh well they just wish they could have said it before me :P
Old 07-16-2007

I giggled a lot during the movie. I have really low standards for the movies, since I think the books are the greatest things in the universe. The movie is just a collection of visual aspects of things I enjoyed about the book :P So I really enjoyed watching it.
Old 07-17-2007

Blurb: i make films with kroze.
Send a message via AIM to BryyMiller Send a message via MSN to BryyMiller

The first one was a visual feast. They literally made the world of Harry Potter.

This one had none of that wonder.
Old 07-17-2007

I enjoyed it. I did have one or two people say "No duh!" when The Dark Lord disappeared as Fudge and crew came in. Pretty funny, actually. Good times. I agree that it wasn't the best HP film. Still, I found it enjoyable.

- Ryo
Old 07-17-2007

Send a message via MSN to gkrt

I'm gonna watch it on saturday. I've read the book twice and it may surprise you but it was my favourite of the books. KakiChan you have gave me a good idea. I'm gonna say "NO, Really?" in the theatre now and its all your fault. lol
Old 07-17-2007

I was supposed to watch it last week, but my ''sort of'' date chickened out, so I'm gonna watch it with some friends.
I reckon I'm gonna watch it this weekend, and of course, I'm gonna make sure everyone says, No REALLY?! :)
Old 07-17-2007

it is the best harry potter movie
Old 07-17-2007

not too hard, the others were all cr*p. Those kids could not act until about film 3.

*spoiler*
I thought they seriously under-played Sirius' death though, they could have made that so much more dramatic....
*/spoiler*
Old 07-17-2007

its okay, its the best way u can summurrize the longest harry potter book, without making it too long, but yeah, i agree, they actually underplayed Sirius in the 4th, n he had a moderate part, but wasnt mentioned at all, n also in the 5th, they shortened his place a lot, but Sirius is 1 of my fav charecters
Old 07-17-2007

the movie was great.... but the only reason why i watched it was because of emma watson aka- hermoine... damn she's hot!!
Old 07-17-2007

I thought the movie was really good. Even though they cut a lot out. But they really didn't have much choice. I think the next will be easier for them to make sense the book is not as long all though it will still need a lot of editing.
Old 07-17-2007

Dolores Umbridge left a REALLY bad taste in my mouth...Imelda Staunton was almost too fantastic at playing an evil, sadistic, power-crazed madwoman.

Is it just me, or did she NOT make Dumbledore's Army write lines with the blood quills, like she did in the film? I would check, but can't be bothered to find my copy:P
Old 07-17-2007

I enjoyed the movie, despite not being of fan of the series in general. I even stopped reading the books after book four. Not a big fantasy lover to be honest (I like more Sci-Fi), but the movie was good. However, it helps that Helena Bonham Carter is the sexiest thing sense sex
Old 07-17-2007

Sex isn't that sexy....

Speaking as a teenage girl who still doesn't understand what boys are for, I can quote with a clear conscience....
Old 07-17-2007

The movie, in my opinion was awful. It was just a bunch of random scenes one after another and the only steady plot was at the very end. Good try tho.
Old 07-17-2007

My God, people actually enjoyed this movie? I walked out of begging for Advil. None of it made sense unless you read the book, and the best scenes were cut out. Ginny got too much attention for being a background character as well. And Daniel Radcliffe was on, once again.

In all honesty, it killed my fandom. Annnnnddd I find it amusing this was the shortest movie in the franchise, yet the longest book.
Old 07-17-2007

I thought the movie was great, it went pretty well with the book, and the special effects were outstanding~cant wait till Deathly Hollows comes out
Old 07-17-2007

I think it was quite good- but did anyone else see/hear Levicorpus being used?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Levicorpus a plot point in HBP, and first used there?
Old 07-17-2007

yes Harry 1st learns about it in HBP, but im pretty sure the death eaters would know it - with snape and all (even tho he's not bad)
& i'm pretty sure sirius and Lupin also knew about it
Old 07-17-2007

But it was being used BY Harry and the others. Sorry, I am picky and determined to complain about it, but it really bugs me as an unnecessary messing with the plot.
Old 07-17-2007

Saw it but didn't like it. Thought it was a waste of my money. I'd have rather spend my money seeing Transformers again.
Old 07-17-2007

i still think it is a good SUMMURY of the 5th book, the effects were super special awesome, n the rerason Ginny has so much parts in the movie is because she is a BIG part in the 6th book, ii would see it again n again if i had the movie again n again if i had the movie n didnt live in a cardboard box, n its true bout Levicorpus, the spell was even used in the commercial for the game, but ne ways, amazing movie!!
Old 07-17-2007

I liked it,i am ofcourse going to go see it again in IMAX 3D
Old 07-17-2007

It did in some parts but as a general rule no it didn't.

And is it just me or did this movie get duller? I mean there were some interesting parts, but I mean, my mind actually wandered to other parts during this movie. That can't be good.

Overall: 3 out of 5
Old 07-17-2007

i give it a 5/5 cause it wasnt like the book but it was,the book got its highs and lows but it was weird where the book went fast and was weird but so was the movie