This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007
General Staff

In which Safty demands there be a post about these movies because she currently has gotten back into the fandom and has decided that Bruce Campbell is the second most smexiest man alive...after Littlekuriboh of course!
So which is everyone's favourite Evil Dead movie? In order I prefer Army of Darkness, Evil Dead 2 and then the original Evil Dead...My God Bruce - THAT HAIR. THAT FREAKING HAIR. I just wanna snip off that little bit that hangs down low...Uugh be more ruggish and bad-ass please?
Old 07-16-2007
Administrator

Evil Dead 2 > The Evil Dead > Army of Darkness (theatrical cut)

However...

Evil Dead 2 > Army of Darkness (director's cut) > The Evil Dead
Old 07-16-2007

Army of Darkness is the best, hands down. Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
Then it goes Evil dead 2 is very close and Evil dead.

My Name Is Bruce is going to be a fantastic movie, September 2007, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489235/
It's going to be big.
Old 07-16-2007
General Staff

But I bet they don't realease in the UK just to spite me...Wah Bruce you bastard. GET YOUR ASS TO ENGLAND SO I MAY ATTEMPT TO MAKE LOVE TO YOU.
Old 07-16-2007

I haven't got to see the original yet, which makes me mad, but I Enjoyed EDII the most, he doesn't take crap from anyone...even his own possessed hand. Safty, you could always try e-mailing him, sending a picture that sends the message-fly to england and take me where I stand. Might work, as long as the flight's not delayed...>_>
Old 07-16-2007

Europe gets movies really fast actually. Damn you all for getting Studio Ghibli's Tales of Earthsea before the US. Damn you all. I have to wait until 2009 for it. So not fair. *runs off to dark corner to sob* It's coming to the UK this August. You guys are so lucky.

Ahem. Back on topic now... I haven't seen the original either. I'm so not made of win.
Old 07-16-2007
General Staff

...He had a email on his site ages ago but since it's been revamped it's no longer there...and if I do email him I don't wanna come off as the ultimate fangirl o' doom...

You shoulda seen me when I met Simon Pegg...
Old 07-16-2007
Administrator

All you did was say "We're looking forward to Hot Fuzz" and left.

It was only later that you fangirled, during a dub of Road To El Dorado.
Old 07-16-2007

I'm almost afraid to ask...But meeting Bruce would be awesome, though I'd meet him for a different reason...>_>'
Old 07-16-2007
General Staff

BOW CHICKA BOW BOW.
Old 07-16-2007

If he's anything like Dan Green I want to meet him. If he's not... I'd still want to meet him. Bragging rights of course. :D

[s]"Fangirls ruin everything."[/s]
Old 07-16-2007

Army of Darkness, of course. ;D I don't exactly remember the other ones as vividly. [s]omg blasphemy! I don't deserve to live~! [/s]

But yes, I need to have a marathon of those movies again. Boom stick ftw. ;D
Old 07-16-2007

i like them in this order
ED
AoD
ED2.

Evil Dead 2 to me just felt like a "Requel" and i just dont like those.
Old 07-16-2007

man i've havent seen them for a while now . . . right off the bat i say Evil Dead 2
Old 07-16-2007

Evil Dead II defined my childhood, and made Bruce Campbell the first (and pretty much only) actor I ever got a crush on because of that film. Favorite Film Ever.
(But LK is right: AoD Directors cut > Theatrical Cut. "I slept too long!!!!!!")

Now I'm listening to the original cast soundtrack to Evil Dead the Musical, and my god it is probably the greatest compilation of music ever penned by mortal men. I'm torn between What the F*** was that? and Ode to an Accidental Stabbing as my favorites, but Housewares Employee is obviously the greatest love song ever.
Old 07-16-2007

*sigh*
I come here to check out the greatness that is "TAS" and what do i see? A Bruce Campbell fan area?

...i don't think i'll be able to leave this site...

For me personally, my favorites would have to be ED2, AoD, and ED. Really am intrested in seeing just what My Name Is Bruce is gonna be like, but at this point i'm just really hoping for a trailer or atleast anymore info of any kind!
Old 07-16-2007

I believe my avatar eloquently states my feelings on the subject.
Old 07-16-2007

Evil Dead 2 was my favorite movie for the longest time. I loved the scene where all the inanimate objects start laughing when Ash fell through the chair. For me Evil Dead 2 > Army of Darkness > The Evil Dead. I just couldn't get into the first one, I guess because I watched the other two first.
Old 07-16-2007
General Staff

Blurb: The one, the only, the Dix.

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Old 07-16-2007

If I were to put them in order it would be ED2, AoD and then ED1 but I've seen ED2 and AoD a lot more than ED1 so that probably has something to do with it.
Old 07-17-2007

I have only seen Evil Dead the others I ain't
Old 07-17-2007
General Staff

Congrats you've managed to worm your way into "Safty's honourable member of teh day!" XD Is it wrong I edited my work badage to have the S-mart motto on there? Just to remind me that life isn't all that bad and if things do get out of hands I can blast them in the face? :D
Old 07-17-2007

Army of Darkness might just be the greatest movie of all time. Heck, almost anything Bruce Campbell touches is gold. Has anyone seen some of the other things he's rocked in (Brisco County Jr., Jack of All Trades, Old Spice commercial, etc)?
Old 07-17-2007
General Staff

Don't you mean CRACK of all Trades? ;D
Old 07-17-2007

Evil Dead 2 is definitely the best, and then Army of Darkness of course. Bruce Campbell is definitely smexy and is very good in that new show Burn Notice.
Old 07-17-2007

Evil dead 2 is hilarious when your high and drunk. TRC all agree with me lol!
Old 07-17-2007

To actually put these movies in order would be blasphemy.......(but if anything Evil Dead 2=Army of Darkness>Evil Dead)

Bruce Campbell FTW.......
Old 07-19-2007

I haven't seen this movie, but isn't it meant to be really unsuccessfull?
Old 07-19-2007

Hmm... tree rape... anyone?
Old 07-19-2007

I never really like Evil Dead myself, BUT Army of Darkness is one of my favorite movies ever, love it death. Bruce is as awesome as ever in that movie.

"Good, bad, I'm the with the Gun"