This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2009

Blurb: ????? ??? ????? ?????
Send a message via MSN to CHERRYBBY ?!

THE LOVE GURU.
mmmmjessicaalba. <3
Old 04-23-2009

I genuinely enjoyed Transformers when I saw it in theatres opening day and so did a few of my close friends but everyone else I've ever spoken to speaks of that movie as if it were pure cinematic garbage. I, for one, found it to be entertaining. The only down side was that What I've Done song by Linkin Park thrown into the whole movie mix. New Linkin Park makes me vomit blood.
Old 04-24-2009

Blurb: "check out this guy, he's got a metal beard"
Send a message via MSN to maisetofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSwiggz View Post
I'm not too sure but did LK mention Cannibal Holocaust in one of his eps? Anyway, felt bad for the turtle too.
yes in the evil council of doom 2 :)

you have seen it? i am not the only one?
yeah the kids deserved to die for what they did and the poor turtle:(:(
Old 04-24-2009

Everyone also flamed the movie Dicky roberts former child star with David spade, but my friends and i saw it and we LOLOLOLED it was sooo funny and very good

"Dont you think you're a little old to be in a stroller?"

Dicky "Dont you think you're a little fat to be walking on the side walk?"
LOL EPIC

i also loved "i still know what you did last summer
Old 04-24-2009

i love all the silly slasher movies

Freddy
Jason
Michael
Chucky
The Fisherman
ect

and the PuppetMaster
Old 04-24-2009

Blurb: TheOcean is waving.

I like sci fi channel movies.
Old 04-24-2009

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amun-Ra View Post
I genuinely enjoyed Transformers when I saw it in theatres opening day and so did a few of my close friends but everyone else I've ever spoken to speaks of that movie as if it were pure cinematic garbage. I, for one, found it to be entertaining. The only down side was that What I've Done song by Linkin Park thrown into the whole movie mix. New Linkin Park makes me vomit blood.
I totally loved "Transformers". People who dismiss it offhand either just automatically hate anything with Michael Bay's name on it or are TRUKK NOT MUNKY-type nostalgia freaks.
Old 04-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLilithborne View Post
I totally loved "Transformers". People who dismiss it offhand either just automatically hate anything with Michael Bay's name on it or are TRUKK NOT MUNKY-type nostalgia freaks.
you cant make a sweeping statement like that. lol i do not care if its michael bay [ although he did ruin pearl harbor ] i just dont like the concept of transformers.

I loved Sorrority boys, it was funny and kinda weird
i know it did not get good reviews but i find it funny
Old 04-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLilithborne View Post
I am glad to find someone else of whom agrees with my statement. It's not that people in my area hate Michael Bay or his name on the silver screen, they truly just hate the fact Transformers was made into a movie and also that they movie "totally sucked", to them of course. Personally, I don't read that much into the movie.
Old 04-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisetofan View Post
you cant make a sweeping statement like that.
Sure I can, because my generalizations have the disclaimer of only applying to people I've known up to the point I made it. So nyeh. xD
Old 04-24-2009

Blurb: Don't believe in Ondor's lies!

I liked Transformers, and Indy 4
Old 05-02-2009

Hitman. I just thought it was super lol.

And Kung Pow. Which speaks for itself.
Old 05-02-2009

Alot of uptight X-Men geekwads I know are so frazzled about the newest movie, X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I don't see why... While I don't know too much about the X-Men series, I know enough to think it was pulled off brilliantly. I love almost everything about it.
Old 05-02-2009

Blurb: Trvest of the Trv, Kvltest of the Kvlt

The Love Guru

"Some people call me the space cowboy"
Old 05-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisetofan View Post
yes in the evil council of doom 2 :)

you have seen it? i am not the only one?
yeah the kids deserved to die for what they did and the poor turtle:(:(
I've seen it as well. Heard of it when I was about 13 and downloaded it a sit wasn't avliable in America at the time, or at least long out of print here. Safe to say, I liked it, but that scene in particular, as well as a certain scene near the end involving rape that at least looked very real, disturbed me greatly.
Old 05-03-2009

Blurb: Male abuse - I'm for it, and even against it.

I liked Transformers, because some of the models were super special awesome (Scorponok), so it was basically watching two hours of gripping brawl. Even though the director could stop putting those only-funny-to-him disgusting jokes. (and show more Megan Fox... )

Indy 4 was fine. Sure, it had a lot of dumb things going, and I was disgusted at the scene where Marcus' statue got decapitated. Also, I hated the whole alien plot, given it wasn't really fitting. But on the other hand, the adventure concept was fine. I just thought "More Indy can't hurt anyone", and it was pleasurable.

I saved the same principle for newer Pirates of the Carribean films and they also were fun.
Old 05-18-2009

I didn't think the second and third Matrix movies were that much worse than the first. They seemed to be just as full of excessive symbolism and long-winded explanations as the first one. My only real complaint was that the second one draged and bit in the middle.
Old 05-18-2009

A lot of people here are saying the Matrix sequels, The Tenth Kingdom, Joe Dirt, Little Nicky, A Knight's Tale...they were all good. And Transformers was epic, IMHO. And someone mentioned Beetle Juice--that's one of my favorite movies of all time.

Now for mine. A Knight in Camelot is hilarious, but hardly anyone seems to know about it. The made-for-TV version of The Shining was awesome when I was a kid, and it's still great now. Same with The Haunting. And even my mother didn't like Swimfan, but I loved it.

(Conversely, everyone loved Sideways but I hated it. My mother hated it. Her boyfriend didn't really form an opinion, which means he didn't like it either.)
Old 05-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullon View Post
I didn't think the second and third Matrix movies were that much worse than the first. They seemed to be just as full of excessive symbolism and long-winded explanations as the first one. My only real complaint was that the second one draged and bit in the middle.
Actually, I have the opposite complaint. The symbolism and explanations were the best part of the movie. Reloaded and especially Revolutions wasted far too much time on pointless action sequences.
Old 05-21-2009

Send a message via AIM to Umbreon

X-men origins Wolverine...
I liked it even if everyone else says it's crap. >.>
Old 05-21-2009

lol i liked spiceworld, i know what you are thinking but i liked the story and the music hahaha
Old 05-21-2009

....the Grudge? original japanese
Old 05-23-2009

Cannibal holocaust. I thought it was a good social commentary. appears others dont see that.
Old 06-03-2009
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to MagicOPromotion
Default Movies everyone hated EXCEPT you

88 Minutes 6/10

not entirely a bad movie, but the plot was completely fucked until the end when it finally tied together. seemed like it was a bunch of unfortunate stuff all tossed at the main character. also, why does al pacino alway slook like hes been awake for 3 days in all of his movies anymore?
Old 06-03-2009
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

I also genuinely enjoyed Transfomers... everyone else I know who's seen it loved it also, including fans of the original cartoon series... So up until a short time ago, I wasn't even aware that people disliked it >_>
Old 06-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusRocks View Post
I also genuinely enjoyed Transfomers... everyone else I know who's seen it loved it also, including fans of the original cartoon series... So up until a short time ago, I wasn't even aware that people disliked it >_>
It is alright, but it was still... pretty bad. The human characters were bland, stupid, and had annoying dialouge (the acting was pretty terrible too.) And the Decepticons got jipped. They were hardly in it and except for Megatron AT THE END, and did nothing but die. I was not very happy about that...

The second one better have less crappy human character stuff and more giant robot stuff...
Old 06-03-2009

Quote:
The second one better have less crappy human character stuff and more giant robot stuff...
Have you seen the trailer for it? Looks pretty full of action and I think theres a lot more Decepticons owning peoples asses
Old 06-03-2009

10000 B.C.

I actually liked this movie because I'm not a whiny b**** about historical inaccuracies.
Old 06-03-2009

Send a message via AIM to shad0wth3fall3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbreon View Post
X-men origins Wolverine...
I liked it even if everyone else says it's crap. >.>
I'm with ya! I loved the movie. Yes they trashed a LOT of the storyline, but who cares, it was a great film. Dragonball Evolution on the other hand should DIAF >.>
Old 06-06-2009

Most of the movies mentioned that i've seen I liked, but then again I am one of those big time movie nuts who goes on to IMDb like once a week, my two fav mentioned though were Reign of Fire and Idiocracy, it made me laugh.