This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2010

Blurb: don't pee on me and tell me it's raining

i enjoyed the acting immensely but i found the art of it severely lacking given that it was a tim burton film.
Old 03-19-2010

I liked it. Trust me, I've watched movies that were a lot worse, like the Transformers Live Action movies.

P.S. I just remembered this. I believe at over a decade ago Tim Burton's name was attached to a supposed movie project based upon American Magee's Alice game which takes place some years after the events in the book when Alice is an adult. I wonder if this movie is a result of this project falling apart?

Last edited by Cosmic Muse; 03-19-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
Lewis Carrol wasn't on drugs when he wrote it
he was just weird, and loved to tell stories
this one was born out of a story he told to a few girls he knew
Through the Looking Glass was born out of something a girl told him
(he had a weird obsession with little girls, though historical records say he didn't do anything to them, for some reason he liked to befriend them)
If my memory serves me correctly, there was an actual "Alice" so to speak that Carroll based the character off of. It wasn't several girls but just this one. Decades ago as a child I watched a movie on HBO when Cable T.V. was in its infancy about the person Carroll had based Alice on. It was sort of surreal in that you had real life scenes which would be interspersed with live action interpretations of the iconic moments from the book utilizing animatronic creatures. Back then there was no such thing as CGI aside from what you saw in the movie Tron or the Last Starfighter. As I recall, those animatronic creatures were quite creepy looking. I wish I could remember the name of the movie now....

*Edit* Bingo!!! I found the name of the movie. It's worth a look/see if you're curious about the real life Alice.

http://askville.amazon.com/MOVIE-MAD...uestId=1270708

Thank God for Youtube. Check out this user's channel to see the movie Dreamchild (1985) in its entirety.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BugabooG...9FDA48159E4421

Word of warning, I was watching a few clips and yes, the animatronic creatures are as scary and disturbing as I recalled them to be.

Last edited by Cosmic Muse; 03-19-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-21-2010

Blurb: I need to draw more

It was actually the first movie I saw in real 3D. I thought it was pretty good. Christopher Lee should have gotten more lines though.
Old 03-30-2010

I liked the movie I did, but I felt like it lacked something. I don't know what. Maybe Alice ending up with the Mad Hatter or something else but I feel like it needed something maybe more detail.

The art was wonderful and so were the costumes. But the dance at the end was stupid -_-
Old 04-20-2010

the movie was not that good imo, it was lacking in something....I give it a 2.

EDIT: @quackers: I just saw your post, I have to say thats pretty much how I felt about that dance at the end :P