This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Books & Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2007

I thought the bit where [ Harry came back to life ] was a little stupid, it just didn't make sense. I really wished the other person had won, do you?

Oh, and don't spoil it for anyone who hasn't finished the book - that would be mean...
Old 07-22-2007

[ I wish Snape hadn't died the way he did. Still, I knew he was good all along! I agree that it was kinda dumb the way Harry wasn't killed by Avada Kedavra/came back to life. ]
Old 07-22-2007

[ The Snape thing I completely agree with, he had this slyness that made people like him - he was also quite witty. Voldemort was being kinda stupid at that point. I couldn't believe he had a crush on Lily Potter!"" ] - They were mega spoilers, DO NOT read unless you 1) Really want to, or 2) Have read the book.
Old 07-22-2007

I agree, it felt a little half arsed, didnt it?
Old 07-22-2007

[ I wanted Harry to kill everybody then get his ass kicked by Voldy who then ruled the world! ^^ ]
Old 07-22-2007

Well i enjoyed the book personally, very intense, i do agree though that the eplouge at the end kinda let down the rest of the book. Not the best way to end the series
Old 07-22-2007

I personally loved the book in its entirety. It was a great way to end the series, and [ I personally loved the final banter between Harry and Voldemort. ] I dunno, maybe I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. I found it personally really interesting when I found out that [ Snape had a thing for Harry's mom, and knew her since he was 10. That was kinda weird. The whole thing about Dumbledore's past was also an interesting twist, IMO. ]
Old 07-22-2007

Yeah it was ok, but it definately wasnt worth all the hype. That ending felt so tacked on. Then again I've never been a huge fan. But I was sad when *blank* and *blank* died. Oh well.
Old 07-22-2007

My biggest complaint throughout this book and the entire series is that people died out of nowhere and a bit too abruptly. Other than that I felt it was a decent ending. Could definately been better but also could have been a lot worse.
Old 07-22-2007

I wasn't expecting to like it very much - Half Blood Prince was a bit of a disappointment for me - so I was very surprised when I found myself enjoying this one. The only things that annoyed me a bit would have to be [ Fred, Lupin and Tonks dying. I just can't imagine George without Fred. It's wrong. And poor Teddy, and his grandmother.
I loved the way Snape was both good and evil. I cried when Harry was in Snape's memories :(
Oh, and Kreacher was absolutely adorable. I want one.
I know the ending felt tacked on, but it also completed the book the book for me, it would have felt wrong without it... and it will help to dispel any rumours that she may be writing any more books in the series, or bringing Voldemort back to life again later on.
]
Old 07-23-2007
General Staff

Blurb: The one, the only, the Dix.

Alright all you bitchers and moaners... If you didn't like the book, how would you have changed it?
Old 07-23-2007

I liked it enough but I get the feeling if I re-read it and take more time I'll enjoy it a lot more. To be honest I think a lot of people have just plowed through it in a day to make sure nobody can spoil it for them and missed a lot. I did the same with The Half Blood Prince and then reread it just before Deathly Hallows came out and enjoyed it a lot more. What I'd have changed [ The epilogue felt really tacked on like a lot of people have said, if she had taken a bit more time with it and made it meaningful rather than just "And they all lived happily ever after." it would have been a lot better. The only thing we find out is that Neville becomes herbology teacher. What about Harry, Ron and Hemione. We hardly hear anything about them apart from finding out their kids names. I suppose maybe Harry gave up on his dream of becoming an auror to enjoy a normal life. Actually thinking about it maybe the ending isn't too bad, it is kind of fun to be left with some blanks to fill in and choose to believe what you want. ]
Old 07-23-2007

I personally loved the book, I thought that it was the best in the series and that the ending was a great way to end the series. My only complaint is that we never got to see the funerals for all of those that died fighting You-Know-Who and we never found out if Harry ever became an Auror or not. Other than that, I thought that the book was great.
Old 07-23-2007

I enjoyed the book very much. It answered a lot of questions and had myself flashing back to different parts of the series. I found it very intense and thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying. The bit where Harry was in Snape's memory was a great realization, and when [ he found out that he had to die was sad and great ]. The only thing I didn't like was the ending...very out of place, but it wrapped everything up.
Old 07-25-2007

Nah, the epilogue was like a bad fanfic imho 9_9 The thing with [ Lily and Snape ] was quite obvious for me, there were some hints in the 6th book. And most of the deaths were absolutely pointless.
And somehow it didn't have the HP-feeling for me... =/
Old 07-25-2007

Send a message via MSN to Mitsuki

I loved the book. Perfect ending to an enchanted series. The epilogue was kind of disturbing, though. But reassuring.
But I'm still a little pissed at Rowling! I cried like an idiot when I had finished the book. It's a curse I have. My favourite characters always end up dead in some weird way. And I still think I need a few more questions answered before I can be totally at peace...
[ Fred's death was the one that made me the most upset. I always thought J.K. would finish off Lupin, but never EVER one of the twins! ]
Old 07-25-2007

I thought the last few pages of the book were great. It wasn't that what got me; it was the rest of the book. I guess I was expecting the search of the rest of the Horcruxes to be a little more epic, instead of waiting in the woods a lot of the time, but she seemed to be focusing on character development and filling in the past more than anything. Oh well, it was really well written and I enjoyed it. :D sad to see the series end.
Old 07-26-2007

It was okay i guess, but she killed off [ Snape ] and that really upset me. I likes the twists about him though. Then poor [ Fred ], how i cried... the epilogue was CRAPPY. end of story.
Old 07-26-2007

[ "All was well" is the WORST ENDING LINE FOR ANYTHING EVER. Period.
I cried during Snape's memories. I'm such a sucker for that sort of thing.
Why Lupin and Tonks? Why Fred? Why Hedwig? D:
]

Those thoughts didn't have much to do with each other... Bah.
Old 07-26-2007

[ I cried during Snape's memories too! He was always my favourite, and i loved the revelations of Dumbledore's personality. I like those bits because the characters are complex and realistic, but a lot of things didn't feel quite right,they could have been better written. It felt at times that she was trying too hard to wrap up loose ends, checking the boxes rather than it being a flowing story. The end was very disapointing, it didn't have any of the aftermath that i wanted to see, like the re-building of the wizard society, how the characters dealt with their various losses, it was just "and they all lived happily ever after". On the whole i did enjoy the book though. ]
Old 07-26-2007

I'm a huge fan of books, i seem to get more enjoyment out of books than from any film or game i can think off, and this 1 was good, she tied up the loose ends nicely [ [and the explanation about the 7th horcruxes being in harry made the prophecy "neither can live while the other survives" make more sense, my main problem was that the deathly hallows were used mainly to explain dumbeldores wand and the cloak but they didn't really have much to do with the main story.] ]
I did get the impression that she had the film in mind when she was writing it, from the way i pictured it everything would flow better in a film format, which was disappointing coz i prefer books to films. It was clever thou leaving it open for sequels about the kids coz she will probably not be able to make another series as popular as harry potter. Only 1 thing she left out what happened to barty crouch's son he was the villan of the 4th book (cept voldermort) and that was it, they even got a good actor to play him in the films
Old 07-26-2007

The book was pretty good. I'm glad I read it because I always like how things come together. The only part I didn't like was [ Harry and Voldemort's battle at the very end was kinda stupid. I mean, I like how things end, but it wasn't much of a battle.I mean, all it was was a huge explosion and Voldemort was dead. I dunno, it just seemed kinda lame to me... ]
Old 07-26-2007

Blurb: I'm so cute I'll give you diabetes...the instantly fatal kind!

To ShadowLumox, they did explain what happened to Crouch's son. [ He got the dementors kiss. They swooped in and kissed him before they could do anything about it. ]
Old 07-28-2007

I felt like the epilogue was the most stupid thing ever, really. [ It seemed like a really bad fanfic ending where he names his kids after his dead parents and all. I always felt like that was just weird for some reason. And that it would confuse anyone making a family tree or whatever. Not to mention that "Albus Severus" is quite possible the worst name to have. ]

I liked the actual story part, though. [ My favorite parts were Snape's memories and Ron stabbing the locket. I also liked the part where he was leaving the Dursleys. ] It was a pretty good ending, for me. I just wish the epilogue wasn't there.
Old 07-30-2007

i thought it was really good, but what i thought stuck out was when Bellatrix was fighting in the castle and Molly Weasley came running in and screamed "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"
Old 08-03-2007

If you missed Harry's fight with Voldemort, allow me to fill you in...
[ Voldemort: "I'm gonna kill you!"
Harry: "not gonna work."
Voldemort: "Yes it will."
Harry: "no it won't."
Voldemort: *cast spell*
*Epic Fail*
Harry: "told you it wouldn't work newb, I have bracers of spell-reflect +5!"
]
Old 08-04-2007

Quote:
[ [ Voldemort: "I'm gonna kill you!"
Harry: "not gonna work."
Voldemort: "Yes it will."
Harry: "no it won't."
Voldemort: *cast spell*
*Epic Fail*
Harry: "told you it wouldn't work newb, I have bracers of spell-reflect +5!"
]
Haha.
Old 08-04-2007

sorry about the multiple posts.
Old 08-04-2007

[ I was dissapointed. Very, very dissapointed. I thought the epilogue was horrible, not only was it tacked on, she doesn't even care what her characters are doing. In one interview she said Ron was working at the Weasly Wizzard Weezes, the next she said he was an Auror. I wasn't pleased with some of the pairings, and I was simply dissapointed. As for the deaths, I was most pissed about Hedgwig and Fred. Those seemed really, just like mindless violence. Like she was trying to say "look, this is teh angstiest! Peoples dies!1!1!1!1" It did nothing to highten the drama, just gave me a sence of abruptness and falseness. I know people could be randomly killed like that, but I was not pleased anyway.
And did anyone else notice? When George gets his ear torn off, almost everyone panics. When Fred dies, they sort of sit there for a minuet (sp?), then go back to whatever they were doing.
]
Old 08-04-2007

Well, I think that the [ abrupt nature of Hedwig's, Fred's, and Colin Creevey's deaths is to drive home the point out just how bad things had gotten (few things scarier than random violence). ] I totally agree that the Epilogue was crap, but I enjoyed the book overall. HBP is still my favorite (although I haven't read 1-3 in a while...)
Closed Thread