This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Conventions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2010

Talking Otakon 2010

I might be going to this con, but I thought I should make a thread for this though for people to talk about. Also it would SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME if little kuriboh, KROOOOOOOOOOOOZE, and possibly other abridgers to come. Anyways, post you thoughts here if you like
Old 03-15-2010

Blurb: I came here to laugh at you.

I'm pretty sure they will have a booth set up.

Don't know if I'm going to go or not. I didn't go last year and wanted to wait for this year's convention. It will depend on the circumstances.
Old 03-15-2010

Blurb: Internet Celebrity.

Raepdog will be giving away Raepdog plushies.
Old 03-22-2010

Blurb: There's a bomb in your taco!

I soooo want to go this year, but I haven't been able to for the last two, and it doesn't look like that'll change (mostly do to not being able to get enough people for a hotel room since everyone is broke)
Old 03-22-2010

Blurb: Look Pimpin', I ain't playin'...!

I'll be going. I've been going every year... for the past couple of years... >.>

But yeah, I'm resolving to try and not spend as much time in the game room as I have been...
Old 03-23-2010

Blurb: "Dragon-Fetish included"
Send a message via AIM to Seta Kino

I'm going to Otakon this year and they're actually having a YGO photoshoot. (= I'm going as Serenity for the shoot itself. Lmao. But I'm also going as the girl version of Kaiba. Which should be interesting as it is. xDD I hope you all go! There's already a huge group going (more or less, my group -- My group is the one with the Ishizu xD). I hope to see you all there!! :-)
Old 03-25-2010

Blurb: what is this i don't even?!

I'll be there with DC Anime Club this year.

ALSO: I'll be doing photo shoots. Private, group or solo. Photo Shoot Information.

And, yeah, I'll make it to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Gathering there. I'm still contemplating on who to cosplay for that. Hahahaha!
Old 03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsuyadanna View Post
And, yeah, I'll make it to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Gathering there. I'm still contemplating on who to cosplay for that. Hahahaha!
I look forward to seeing you there! :-) As far as I know there's gonna be a lot of different people (I haven't checked the site that I was on for a few months on who's gonna be there and all that, lol). :-)
Old 03-26-2010

Blurb: "It's bad luck to open an umberella inside! And its GREEN!! ARE YOU INSANE??!!" ~ Outnumbered <3

when and where is it? I have a friend who might want to go...
Old 03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaLlama View Post
when and where is it? I have a friend who might want to go...
I'm not entirely sure. It's on a thread on cosplay.com and I haven't been there for a little while. And, as far as I know, they have yet to pick a location. But I do know that it's on that Saturday. Sometime towards the morning.
Old 03-26-2010

Blurb: nan de hoohaa

I paid for my badge, I need to find a hotel. I do not want to bother someone to drive me to Baltimore for 3 days straight. >:

:'D Be me first time going to a convention, and I hoooope that I can dress up as Wriggle Nightbug from Touhou.
Old 03-26-2010

Location: Pennsylvania: There is no amount of therapy that would make it okay.
Blurb: Siempre contigo quiero estar. :D
Send a message via AIM to beatlesgirl95

...New Jersey is closer...I might be going to AnimeNext instead, but we will probably be going to Maryland this year so maybe I could talk my parents into going to Baltimore, it's closer than Ocean City. :D
Old 03-28-2010

Cosplaying and giving away figures.
Old 04-01-2010

Send a message via MSN to DesolateMemoir

Totally going to be there.
If I'm not, my group will rip me to shreds...

and -I'm- supposed to be Yami Malik. WHO TURNED THESE TABLES AROUND SO CHAOTICALLY?!
Old 04-02-2010

Blurb: Awesomeness personified
Send a message via AIM to fairywings

Passes are friggen expensive this year! I love going to Otakon, but I wanna see some incentive for the price (eg. some really good guests).
Old 04-15-2010

Blurb: If I was normal, I'd be really boring
Send a message via AIM to Katya

I'm looking into going to this. I'd be dressed up, but not as a YGO character. I'd like to come to the shoot, though, if only to observe
Old 05-02-2010

ITS OFFICAL! I'm going to the con and paid for the badge on friday, and I'm cosplaying as kyoya from Ouran. can't wait to go! I should make a petition on petition spot to get as many supporters who want littlekuriboh to go to this con. Afterall, why else would we spend $65 for this con.
Old 05-02-2010

Blurb: the hell is a blurb?
Send a message via AIM to Penirfish

Yeah,its so close to me I practically have to go. I already have a hotel booked and stuff. Some buddies of mine go every year. I'm thinking about cosplaying as dudley from street fighter. Good idea?
Old 05-04-2010

I'm going, but not as any YGO character (if I could, though, I'd prob'ly make a good Ryou, but I'd like to go as Malik, though I'd be very light skinned XD; I'm PALE! haha). I'll be Queen Seth from Trinity (I'm already kicking my self for picking her, but I'm looking forward to her pants/shorts <3 they're poofy :D)
Old 05-05-2010

I might be going. I just need to get a job real soon so I can pay for it. If I go I'll be cosplaying as the awesome face... well one day anyway. You'll find me with Raptor Jesus and Rick Astley. The other two cosplays I want to attempt are Ishizu and Katara.

I also heard something mentioned about Otakon in one of the Wha-Chow shows so I think they MIGHT be there :3
Old 05-10-2010

So it's official. I'm not gonna be able to go to Otakon. My ride there can't go >:
Old 05-28-2010

Blurb: ?????

I'm definitely going. Currently trying to con my friends into doing a group cosplay. >:3
Old 06-25-2010

Send a message via AIM to TitanAura

Anime Expo is too far away but I'm still considering Otakon.... what kind of presence will TAS have there? LK and co. had so many panels at animeNEXT, I barely got to talk to any of them. ;_;

*EDIT*
Except birdewilliams. We got to talk plenty! She's so nice I might just stop taking bets on when she'll lose her sanity! =D

Last edited by TitanAura; 06-26-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-25-2010

Blurb: If I was normal, I'd be really boring
Send a message via AIM to Katya

I am definitely going I'm so excited! I'll be meeting a few friends there whom I haven't met in real life yet, and I have a feeling there'll be epic amounts of fun to be had
Old 06-30-2010

Blurb: I can't wait...so close to being free.
Send a message via AIM to KouiMuffins Send a message via MSN to KouiMuffins Send a message via Yahoo to KouiMuffins

I can't wait for Otakon this year <3 Just one month from today. LOL. <3 Thank goodness for pre-registration so I dont have to stand in that awful lineeee x.x; last year was the first year I went and we made the mistake of walkin the line only to find out we could've went in another door. Lol xD; But. When you're not used to huge cons like Otakon it's easier to mess up. I'm more used to Otakon. But, Can't wait <3 It's gonna be great this year!
Old 07-06-2010

I am confirmed for this year! Raepdog has many many plans for this year, and hopes to make this the best otakon ever.

Gifts, prizes, fanart. Otakon 2010. Room parties, house parties, heroin, coke. Otakon 2010. Insomnia, parasomnia, Otakon 2010.

God I have not slept in so long damn sleeping disorders anyhow this year is going to be great
Old 07-06-2010

Blurb: Monster Hunter
Send a message via AIM to AsteriskRocks Send a message via MSN to AsteriskRocks

*is going*
Old 07-06-2010

Send a message via AIM to TitanAura

Honestly, with how much animeNEXT cost me a couple weeks back, I think I'm gonna be sitting this one out. I'll have my fun at Youmacon.
Old 07-06-2010
General Staff

Blurb: YGOTAS Merch, Site, Twebook and facitter, and TFS Site Stuff

See you guys there. We have a booth in the dealers room next to Halolz, Snafu Comics, and VG Cats (just like Anime Expo). Gonna be wild. LK will be there too!
Old 07-22-2010

Blurb: Catch us Fridays at 4PM EST on http://www.bearcastradio.com
Send a message via AIM to atexplosion

I know that there will be a Yu-Gi-Oh! TAS Panel from 9:00am-10:30 on Sunday August 1st. Just wanted to see if there was any chance I could help run the panel with LK.