This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2010

Blurb: Failing at fail since 1990

Review on what, exactly? Digimon or Pokemon? You don't make that clear.

In any case, saying that the Digimon World games trump the Pokemon games as kind of wrong. Because if they did Bandai would have released the DS games in all regions.
Old 09-17-2010

Send a message via MSN to roxasabridged

Digimon reviews. Too bad it's on blip, so I can't watch it.
Old 09-17-2010

We all know where it went wrong it went wrong when they disided that to bring back the series after a 5 year hyatis with the Crappy Season 5 and then this Really Really crappy animtion of season Six Serously it looks like it was made for a bunch of three year old by a bunch of three year olds
Old 09-17-2010

Blurb: In Eternal God-Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@dK@t03 View Post
We all know where it went wrong it went wrong when they disided that to bring back the series after a 5 year hyatis with the Crappy Season 5 and then this Really Really crappy animtion of season Six Serously it looks like it was made for a bunch of three year old by a bunch of three year olds
I believe I heard a rumor of all the original animation artists going on strike because the fourth seasons plot summary was so unbelievable bad.

True story? Probably.
Old 09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@dK@t03 View Post
Sorry to say, but a 'crappy' season 5 doesn't exist.

And what's everyone's problem with Season 6's animation? It's no worse than the rest of the series.
Old 09-18-2010

It seems to harken back to the days of Adventure to me... of course that might be more of a bad thing that the animation hasn't gone upwards in ten years, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I haven't seen any full episodes of Xros Wars yet though, just clips.

What's with the redesigning (again) of Greymon and MetalGreymon, though? I wonder if they will come up with a redesign for WarGreymon too...
Old 03-14-2011

Send a message via AIM to A. E. Stover

IT ALL WENT WRONG AFTER TAMERS. DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING????

I actually watched Frontier for a good three months or so, hoping that it'll somehow get better.... But sadly, it just got worse :'( I didn't bother watching Data Squad, but I hear it's actually not that bad (compared to Frontier)?
Old 03-14-2011

Blurb: Oh no, too many children's card games!

I don't know, when I was unable to watch it any longer it was still scary-awesome
Old 04-20-2011

I never saw Frontier as the show only went up to Tamers before they pulled it due to licensing conflicts (Fox Kids becoming Jetix becoming Disney XD).

Quite frankly, I really hope that the dub of Xros Wars (and it seems it is coming) is handled better than the dub for Savers (Data Squad). I never thought I'd say this, but Saban had more respect for the series than Disney did.
Old 04-21-2011

Eh? What was wrong with the Data Squad dub?

Well, there's Agumon, I guess, but he stopped sounding annoying after an episode or two...
Old 04-21-2011

Like what they did to BomberNanimon? Citramon? Really? The series was designed for an older audience than the previous ones, and Disney went and kiddified it.

I couldn't really imagine anyone other than Tom Fahn doing Agumon's voice. Brian Beacock just didn't quite sound right.
Old 05-27-2011

Blurb: maybe this world is another planets hell...

the first 3 seasons where the best, but i hate the fact that the rest of the storyline is on the wonderswan games. in-fact ryo is the only character to appear in both season 2 & season 3. although his appearance in 02 is in one of kens memories of his first time in the digital world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiya View Post
I think it all went wrong when they decided to end everything in "mon". -_- That was always annoying and stupid to me.
its better then a name thats sounds like a half sneeze, pika-chu!
Old 05-27-2011
Not a Moderator

Blurb: KRILLIN!
Send a message via MSN to eternity

^ Pokemon hater, go away.

For me, it ended, at, I don't know. :Y
Old 05-28-2011

Send a message via MSN to Ave

I'd argue that Pikachu is the more clever name. They're both portmanteaus, but the two components of Pikachu's name are original[exluding Pichu and Raichu], whereas in Digimon there is usually only one original component[the part that is not 'mon']. Though, like Pikachu, many Digimon claim their name from onomatopoeia, and many others get it from literary or historical allusions, which is also pretty clever[NOT IN ALL CASES]. So it's pretty close.

Anyway. Digimon never went wrong. You[not referring to anyone in particular] just formed expectations based on your first exposure to the series, and when things didn't meet those expectations you claimed fault in quality when the quality stayed more or less the same throughout. The only actual frailty was that of your cognitive abilities to avoid unfair expectations.This is bound to happen in such a long lasting series, though.

Last edited by Ave; 05-28-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-30-2011

I didn't like Seasons 1 and 2 (Adventure) in retrospect. I remember liking them as a kid but now...not so much.
Season 3 (Tamers) was all right. Definitely like it better than the first two.
Season 4 (Frontier) was a nice change of pace. Despite some cheesiness, it's my favorite season by far.
I also like Season 5 (Data Squad) for the story and art style.
Can't wait for the English dub of Season 6 (Fusion Battles).

Last edited by AzzyFox; 05-30-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-31-2011

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternity View Post
^ Pokemon hater, go away.

For me, it ended, at, I don't know. :Y
i'm not a PKMN hater, in-fact i probably know more about PKMN, then digimon. i was just saying that "mon" sounds better then "chu". besides i know the reason pikachu has that "chu" at the end of its name, it means "mouse" & i think "pika" means "sparkle".
Old 05-31-2011

The 'chu' roughly means 'squeak.' It comes from 'chchchchch', the sound a mouse makes.
Old 05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
The 'chu' roughly means 'squeak.' It comes from 'chchchchch', the sound a mouse makes.
then "pikachu" means "sparkle squeak"? you can't tell me "monster" dosen't sound better after that. but it dose sound better then "jigglypuff", did you know that they had originally debated upon weather or not pikachu or jigglypuff should be the mascott? luckly pikachu won, but you can still see traces of jiggypuffs near-mascott-ness thoughout the pkmn franchise. SSB, SSB melee, SSBB, the jigglypuff with the marker in the anime, blues jigglypuff in pkmn adventures manga, the talking jigglypuff in a diffrerent pokemon manga, ect.
Old 05-31-2011

I think that Pikachu sounds infinitely better. Of course when you change languages it's going to sound odd, but in it's own language it's a clever metonymic combination of common words to create a name that is not only memorable but has a euphonious rhythm to it. And the name suits the creature. The same it true with Jigglypuff, even though the original is Purin, which still matches it.
Old 06-01-2011

slightly back on topic, the my 3 favorite character in the digimon series was blackwargreymon, phantomon, & ken, digimon emporor version.
Old 06-01-2011

War Greymon/Black War Greymon and Phantomon are also two of my favorites. Others include Myotismon, Seadramon, Renamon, Impmon and Lilithmon[and all their digivolutions/variants/subspecies.]

Last edited by Ave; 06-01-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2011

Blurb: If I save time, when do I get it back?

I would have to go with the manga veedramon digivolutions. His mega is just too awsome!

Btw has anyone seen the latest season?
I know it's out there but havet started watching it yet.
Old 06-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishikawa Oshro View Post
I would have to go with the manga veedramon digivolutions. His mega is just too awsome!

Btw has anyone seen the latest season?
I know it's out there but havet started watching it yet.
i haven't, but i'm going to watch it eventually.
Old 06-04-2011
Possible Homersexual

Blurb: The MistakenLoner
Send a message via AIM to ThePRPD Send a message via MSN to ThePRPD

I want to bleed on Agumon.
Old 06-04-2011
Possible Homersexual

Blurb: The MistakenLoner
Send a message via AIM to ThePRPD Send a message via MSN to ThePRPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_ninja View Post
and i think it started to die after season 3/4 when the plot just started to suck...
You bitch. Season 3 was the best.
Old 06-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePRPD View Post
You bitch. Season 3 was the best.
season 3 had the best version of the oringal theme & the only 2 characters to have interacted with most of the characters from season 1, 2, &/or 3 at some point. there are story gaps that was never shown in the anime, only in the digimon wonderswan games.
ryo & cyberdramon are the 3 the most noteable. out of all the digidestined he has had the darkest path. hell, hes the only one of em that had a complete mental breakdown. there was one part from season 2, in kens flashback dream where he was helping him, that was his only appearance in season 2, but the wonderswan games show he was conected to tai, matt, tk, kari, mimi, joe, izzy, sora, davis, ken, yolie(or however you spell her name) & cody
also ryo broke though the fith wall.(he just beat ishuzu ishitar, ha!) at the begining of tammers, they refered to some of the characters from season 1 as characters on a tv show. but due to the fact that ryo & cyberdramon are from that world which is only seen as a tv show in the world where their at, he broke though the fith wall. also, due to the fact that humans are the most skeptical & incompatante creatures in existance, i doubt anyone in tammers would notice ryo in ken's flashback & put 2 & 2 together. that is, their version of the anime is the same as ours. in the wonderswan games,in was stated that all the parallel digital worlds spawned from the digital world in adventures. after ryo fused milienumon & the rookie from of cyberdramon, into a digiegg/tama that hatched into well, cyberdramon(hence the reason cyber dramon had such an urge to fight, as some fan theorize) he was giving a choice of either going back to his own world, or going to a unknown world, he choose the later which ended up being the tammers world.
season 1 was the best, only if you exclude the missing storyline that came from the wonderswan games. also, i'm sorry if most don't understand my talk of the fith wall & parallel dimensions, i tend to go into more complicated talk of space-time, with most people not understanding what the hell i'm talking about. i'm a good learner, & a bad teacher....