This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Forum Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013

Default Evangelion: The Forum Game

Evangelion: The Forum Game

Read all of this.

Quote:
Game Summary:

This game is a variant of the classic party game, Mafia. In it, there are three general groups. The first group is NERV. This is made up of the NERV Director and the EVA Pilots, numbered Unit 0, Unit 1, Unit 2 and so on as the number of Players in a Round increases. The goal of the EVA Pilots is to locate and kill all of the Angels, the second group. The goal of the Angels is to locate and kill a particular EVA Pilot named Unit 0. The third group is every other Player, although they have no actual ties to each other. This third group is made up of Citizens.

There are no real "Roles" outside the general groups and the NERV Director. This means that Players both have the ability to pretend to be any role based on their own capabilities as a Player and must work out who has what role based on those same capabilities.
Quote:
General Rules:

1. What happens in Round X stays in Round X and its Recoil. Once a new Round starts, forget the arguments that happened before. It's done past.
2. Rounds are scheduled so that there is one Round per month. This is subject to change depending on Round length, as determined by the Game Administrators.
3. When you die, you're out. That's it. You can post jokes and such in the thread, but you are no longer a Player and have no right to reveal information about the game to anybody else, regardless of whether you told anybody beforehand or not.
4. There will be no part of this game involving a random chance for success or failure, be it Player actions or otherwise.
5. Discussion and suggestions for improvement of the game are always welcome. This is not a democracy, however. If your idea is good, it will be added. If it is not, it will be explained why and it won't be added.
6. Discussion for improvement of the game will take place in the thread. A table of contents leading to specific Rounds will be listed in a post on the first page of the thread.
7. It is very unlikely that specific roles will be added to this game. Proposed additions should generally be related to the dynamics of the game instead. That is, proposed additions should affect either the entire game or one or more of the groups thereof. This does not mean you should only propose super powered roles.
8. Each Turn will last 24 hours. During this time, actions, if any, will be sent in. Votes will also be made. All Players may vote. Voting works differently in this game, however. See the bottom section of this post.
9. Roles are generally handed out based on what the GM thinks is best. It is permissible for a GM to use an RNG to determine roles, however.
10. For every 4 Players, there will be one Angel, always rounded up. For example, if there were 10 Players, there would be 2.5 Angels, which would go up to 3.
11. For every 8 Players, there will be one EVA Pilot, rounded up regardless. For example, if there were 10 Players, there would be 1.25 EVA Pilots, which would go up to 2.
12. There must always be a NERV Director.
13. There must always be an EVA Pilot named Unit 0. Whether there is an EVA Pilot named Unit 1 is up to the GM.
14. All actions, if any, must be sent to the GM in some manner, preferably Private Message. If you send it via some other medium such as MSN or, for whatever reason, e-mail, you forfeit the right to make a complaint if your action is not accounted for in Results.
15. Sign Ups should be be made in the following format: [Sign Up despite my distaste of Evangelion.]
16. RebornZombie is always signed up.
Roles:

Quote:
NERV Director:

Ability: Is told who each of the EVA Pilots are at the start of the Round. The NERV Director is the only Player given this information. The NERV Director is not obligated to tell any of the EVA Pilots any of their information, including the identities of said Pilots. It is up to the NERV Director how they utilize the information given them.

The NERV Director may choose a target for any one of his EVA Pilots, once per Turn. This target, if any, will supersede any targets the EVA Pilot themselves sent in. If the wrong target is picked, the NERV Director will be revealed publicly instead of the EVA Pilot they selected to make the kill. Angels may kill the NERV Director without penalty once he has been publicly revealed in this manner. Even after being revealed, the NERV Director may continue sending in kills for his EVA Pilots until such time as the NERV Director is dead..

Goal: The goals is to aid the Pilots in killing the Angels. There may be other goals available as per the wont of the Player with the role, however.

Additional Notes: Each of the EVA Pilots know the identity of the NERV Director.
Quote:
EVA Pilots:

Ability: Once per Turn, any or all of the EVA Pilots may choose to kill one Player each. If the Player in question is an Angel, the EVA Pilot that made the kill is not revealed publicly. If the Player in question is not an Angel, the EVA Pilot that made the kill is revealed publicly. Deliberation among EVA Pilots is encouraged, if possible, but not required to send in a kill target.

Goal: The EVA Pilots can win only when all of the Angels have been killed.

Additional Notes:
  • If the EVA Pilot named Unit 0 is killed, the Angels win.
  • The EVA Pilots will be assigned the names Unit 0, Unit 1, Unit 2 and so forth as the number of Players in the Round demands. Unit 1 is an optional name, however, dependent on the GM's choice.
  • While it is possible for an EVA Pilot to kill another EVA Pilot, it is not allowed for an EVA Pilot to purposefully betray the other EVA Pilots. Unit 1 is an exception to this and may betray their team. Whether an illegal betrayal occurred will be determined by the GM and the Administrators on a case-by-case basis.
  • The EVA Pilots are not initially aware of each others identities. They do know who the NERV Director is, however.
  • The EVA Pilots do not have to make a kill during any given Turn if they do not choose to.
Quote:
Angels:

Ability: Once per Turn, any or all of the Angels may choose to kill one Player each. If the target is not an EVA Pilot, the Angel that sent in the kill dies. An exception is the NERV Director under certain circumstances. See the description of the NERV Director for more details. All Angels are aware of each others' identities from the beginning. Angels are not allowed to betray their team. The Angels do not have to make a kill during any given Turn if they do not choose to.

Goal: To win, the Angels must kill the EVA Pilot named Unit 0.
Quote:
Citizen:

Ability: None. But you are still able to conceal yourselves as other roles, as per your own ability, given that there are no real role powers in this game, investigative or otherwise. Get out there and mess with people.

Goal: Whatever it pleases you to do.
Other Information:

Quote:
Voting:

Each Turn, the entire alive Playerbase for that Round may vote for who they want to die in the game thread. At the end of the day, the EVA Pilots and/or the Angels have the option to kill the person with the most votes without penalty, even if their target is not an Angel or an EVA Pilot, respectively. It doesn't matter how many EVA Pilots or Angels may be targeting said majority vote, they will be treated as having killed the target collaboratively, most likely in an over-the-top fashion. See the EVA Pilot and Angel role descriptions for more information on said penalties.

This is not saying that the EVA Pilots' or Angels' kill is tied to the vote. It's just a way for the collective town to say who they want to be killed by the EVA Pilots and offers incentive for controlling the vote. The vote itself does not actually kill anybody.

Last edited by Zairak; 04-01-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-27-2013

This post is reserved for the Credits. This is where all the modifications to the game will be dated and accredited to their respective inventors.

Credits:

Last edited by Zairak; 01-29-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-27-2013

Table of Contents:

Quote:
Round 1: What game is it anyway?

Round Start

Turn 1 End

Turn 2 End

Turn 3 End

Turn 4 End

Turn 5 End

Round End: Draw

Quote:
Role List/Casualty List:
1. RebornZombie - Citizen
2. grimfang999 - Citizen
3. killshot - NERV Director
4. 0mnislash17 - Citizen
5. Fat1Fared - Citizen
6. Ebilkittyprincess28 - Angel
7. CELTICfan1888 - EVA Pilot
8. AsterGray - Angel
9. gcar90 - Citizen
10. 3xplosive ducky - EVA Pilot
11. Random Fanatic - Citizen
12. Fenrir502 - Angel
13. ChaosVincent1 - Angel
14. Ishikawa Oshro - Citizen
Round Summary:
The EVA Pilot team of 3xplosive ducky and CELTICfan1888, with NERV Director killshot, tied against the Angel team of AsterGray, ChaosVincent1, Ebilkittyprincess28 and Fenrir502. In the final Turn, CELTICfan1888 and Ebilkittyprincess28 killed each other.
Quote:
Round 2: The Misadventures of Inspector Grimdog

Round Start

Turn 1 End

Turn 2 End

Turn 3 End

Turn 4 End

Turn 5 End

Turn 6 End

Turn 7 End

Turn 8 End

Round End: EVA Pilot Victory

Quote:
Role List/Casualty List:
1. RebornZombie - Citizen
2. CELTICfan1888 - Angel
3. gcar90 - Citizen
4. killshot - Citizen
5. Fenrir502 - Citizen Hamtaro
6. ChaosVincent1 - Angel
7. AsterGray - Citizen
8. Random Fanatic - Angel
9. 0mnislash17 - EVA Pilot Unit 2
10. Ishikawa Oshro - EVA Pilot Unit 0
11. grimfang999 - NERV Director
Round Summary:
INSPECTOR GRIMDOG

Last edited by Zairak; 04-01-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-27-2013

Various Gameplay Records:

Quote:
Gameplay Records: Overall:

Win/Loss/Tie

Angels: 0/0/1

EVA Pilots: 0/0/1
Quote:
Gameplay Records: Individual:

Win/Loss/Tie

Quote:
0mnislash17:
Angel Record: N/A
EVA Pilot Record: 1/0/0
Quote:
3xplosive ducky:
EVA Pilot Record: 0/0/1
Quote:
AsterGray:
Angel Record: 0/0/1
EVA Pilot Record: N/A
Quote:
CELTICfan1888:
Angel Record: 0/1/0
EVA Pilot Record: 0/0/1
Quote:
ChaosVincent1:
Angel Record: 0/1/1
Quote:
Ebilkittyprincess28:
Quote:
Fenrir502:
Quote:
Ishikawa Oshro:
EVA Pilot Record: 1/0/0
Quote:
Random Fanatic:
Angel Record: 0/1/0

Last edited by Zairak; 04-01-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-27-2013

Current Sign Up List:
Quote:
1. RebornZombie
2. CELTICfan1888
3. Ebilkittyprincess28
4. killshot
5. grimfang999
6. AsterGray
7. Ishikawa Oshro
8. ChaosVincent1

Last edited by Zairak; 04-01-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-27-2013

Post is reserved
Old 01-27-2013

Reserved in posts
Old 01-27-2013

Reserved is posts
Old 01-27-2013

Reserved post is.
Old 01-27-2013

Final post reserved
Old 01-27-2013
Sex-Administrator

Blurb: This is a Blurb

Hmm guess Ill give it a try, though I feel as if these games are going to be very very short.
Old 01-27-2013

This game was created after some deliberation between killshot and myself about the relative lack of interest in Mafia and Death Note: The Forum Games. We concluded that a large part of the fun is in improving the game. Both Mafia and Death Note have been around for some time and have been changed heavily from the original version.

So, a new game and a pretty blank slate. Also, this game is much more dependent on individual ability and active involvement in the game. This is because there are practically no roles. In all likelihood, there will not be a lot of roles added to this game, if any. Think of other ways to change the game, or if you must, a particularly impressive role. Get out there and fool some people. Finally, read all of the first post. It's pretty short, in any case.

With that being said, Sign Ups start now. The game is scheduled to start on the 1st of February.
Old 01-27-2013
Sex-Administrator

Blurb: This is a Blurb

Old 01-27-2013
Whiskey Icarus

Blurb: Yet another 5 star post

Last edited by killshot; 01-28-2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: But I like Evangelion.
Old 01-27-2013

Blurb: Nod at the bird and PEOPLE DIE, everywhere PEOPLE DIE!
Send a message via AIM to 0mnislash17 Send a message via MSN to 0mnislash17

Old 01-28-2013
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Old 01-28-2013

Also, signs ups should be made in the following format:

[Sign Up despite my distaste of Evangelion.]
Old 01-28-2013

Blurb: A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So is a lot.

On one hand I kinda wanna see how the first round plays out so I can get an idea of how this game works.

On the other hand, the game is new to everyone who signs up save for Zairak and Killshot since they created it so why should I sit out?

Anyway I'll sign up despite my distaste of Evangelion

[ Though I don't know why we have to do that ]
Old 01-28-2013

Blurb: The internets favourite Scotsman

I sign up.
Old 01-28-2013
AssterGray Mod

Blurb: i set my clocks early cos i know i'm always late
Send a message via MSN to AsterGray

Old 01-28-2013
Closet Trekkie

Blurb: I am Lorde, Ya Ya Ya
Send a message via MSN to GcarOatmealRaisinCookies

Oh god, Sign up despite my distaste of Evangelion.
Old 01-28-2013

Blurb: Zetta Insane

Old 01-28-2013
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Quote:
5. Discussion and suggestions for improvement of the game are always welcome. This is not a democracy, however. If your idea is good, it will be added. If it is not, it will be explained why and it won't be added.
I suggest that we make this a democracy.
Old 01-28-2013

Blurb: *stumbles listlessly*

I will sign up, despite my distaste of Evangelion.
Old 01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
I suggest that we make this a democracy.
Old 01-28-2013
AssterGray Mod

Blurb: i set my clocks early cos i know i'm always late
Send a message via MSN to AsterGray

i for one welcome our giant fleshy nightmare fueled overlords!
Old 01-28-2013

Send a message via MSN to Fenrir502

I mustn't run away! I mustn't run away!

I sign up despite my hatred of Evangleion.
Old 01-28-2013

Blurb: F**K DINOSAURS!!!

I'll take the TRUE spirit of super robots and force it into this game! YOUR DEPRESSING MINDFUCK CAN'T EXTINGUISH THE FIRE IN MY SOUL!!!
Old 01-29-2013

Send a message via MSN to Fenrir502

NOR CAN IT DIMINISH MY FLAMBOYANCE.
Old 01-29-2013

Blurb: If I save time, when do I get it back?

Closed Thread