This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Books & Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2007

Well.
Wow.
Just got the 7th book, and I have to ask... [ Why Is it that everyone I love dies? DX Fred, Remus, Snape, the list goes on. Overall though, I really liked it... Not sure about you guys. |D ]
Old 07-22-2007

[ I guess JKR needed drama or something. That's the easiest way to get emotion out of your readers, killing off a usually-random-but-beloved character. I was furious about Fred. I expected both Remus and Snape's deaths, but...can't say I enjoyed it. ]
Old 07-22-2007

I was especially annoyed by [ all the random deaths. It felt like she was trying to milk the tragedy-aspect of it for all it was worth. Fred came as a HUGE shock. It was like, nooo, you can't split up the twins! Then again, she could do anything she wanted, it's the last book! ]
Old 07-24-2007

Well personally i think [ even though all the deaths were "random" and "extreme" i though they were not pointless i mean its a WAR people! some of the goodies will have to die, alot of the badies died too, there has to be some balance of losses or the war would of been very one sided. Really sad when Dobby died! and i actually cried when Harry walked into the forest with resolve to die. ]
I thought it was a very intense book the ending was a bit of a let down as it didnt explain as much as i hoped BUT i still liked it. Great book couldnt put it down.
Old 07-28-2007

I liked the last one the best.
Old 08-02-2007

I just knew this section would have Harry Potter topics. <3
Old 08-03-2007

I still like the third on the best.[ I was disappointed in the ending. I wanted to know what harry does or if he does anything. What is with the children's names? Albus' name is a month full... The random character deaths weren't one of J.k. Rowling's(sp) best ideas ]
Old 08-16-2007

I'm up to the 3rd book, and out of "The Philosopher's Stone" and "The Chamber of Secrets," I think "The Chamber of Secrets" is best.
Old 08-17-2007

Don't be surprised when "Prisoner of Azkaban" takes over the top spot when you read it. ;) [/totally biased]
Old 10-20-2007
General Staff

Blurb: The one, the only, the Dix.

Well now: Dumbledore was gay.

Thats a bit of a shocker...
Old 10-20-2007

Blurb: I got face to personaly mess with me

This makes all the jokes comics about Dumbledore and Harry about 10 times more creapy.
Old 10-23-2007

Not really if you read into I mean the letters are a huge giveaway.
Old 10-25-2007

Blurb: I got face to personaly mess with me

Who reads into a childrens book? I quite liked my Dumbledore being asexual like the classic Doctor.
Closed Thread