This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged Series Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007

WOOT! Just finished re-watching the whole thing!
Old 07-18-2007

You cant watch YuGiOh TAS without saying a quote once in public!!
I always say "Screw the rules I have money!!" in public, it's so funny.
Old 07-18-2007

Favs: "Screw the rules I have ___!" and "Super Special Awesome!"

Me and my siblings try to quote parts aloud and it's fun when we can all get it right. :+)
Old 07-18-2007

I Quote The series multiple times a day.
My Most Used "Nyeeeeeeah".
Old 07-19-2007

I've adopted a lot of Bakura's British-isms, like "Oh smeg," "You bunch of wankers," "bloody tart," and "oh bugger me!"
Not to mention "By the gods, that's what I want to look like!"

I've sung both the Zorc & Pals and Kaiba Babies theme songs aloud on occasion...

and "Nyeeeeh!" is now a very common thing for me to say.
Old 07-19-2007

Blurb: Thiefshipping fangirl >=)
Send a message via AIM to Mana

I always say "attention duelists!" before every sentence. And I'm always using super-special-awsome
Old 07-19-2007

Yes i´ve used "Screw the rules i have money" and "attention duelists" alot of times.
Old 07-19-2007

Oh gosh yes! I quote the abridged series whenever I can...though only when the situation calls for it.

For example, if something cool's going on, I say "This is Super-special-awesome!"

Or if I find myself trailing off, it's like "Blahblah something-something...in America!"

Or sometimes I just quote bakura when he said "You know my parents wanted to name me florance...who names a boy Florance?! Idiots that's who!"

EDIT: OH! And I forgot that I'm always using Joey's "Nyeeh"s randomly. Sometimes I even say "Attention Duelists!" and doing pegasus impressions..
Old 07-19-2007

When I first watched YGO TAS I couldn't get over how funny it was for days and being that I doubted any of my friends go on Yubetube I recored episode 3 and a little bit of another one to show to one of my friends on my camera. (My hands aren't that study, though and you can hear me laughing in the background XD I deleted them a while ago) and the rest of the day my friend and I quoted it a lot, mostly just, "In America!" and, "My hair__" I usually said the hair thing because I have crazy hair.

At lunch some random people sat with us and I kept telling them, "My hair wonders why you're here..." then my friend would say, "In America!" after me and they left after a while. XD On top of that I quote it around my father all the time who listened to some of it because our computers are in the same room.

Every once in a while I quote it in public places where even my friends aren't at.
Old 07-19-2007

Well, I tend to end my phrases with "In America"...once my biology teacher was asking me questions cuz she wanted to give me a mark, and i had to explain the parasite behaviour of two plants with each other XD....when i finished, i said In America....and even tough my class hadn't seen the abridged series, they laughed so much....XD.....
i use super-special-awsome a lot, even in public XD
when i do hard stuff, i say "my voice gives me super strength XD
and i sometimes say bloody...... XD
Old 07-19-2007

screw the rules I have money all the time
Old 07-19-2007

I try to at least breathe new life into the quoting by modifying it to suit the situation.

Although, whenever someone says 'Hey seen that new Smosh video on youtube?' I will always say:

"Hehe...you said tube..."
Old 07-19-2007

I quote whenever I can. Mainly to my dad, or friends - which is probably why they hate me. 0_^

I learnt the 'Warning, this episode contains copious amounts of...' speech in episode 22. That earnt some wierd looks.
Old 07-19-2007

It's in my blood to quote the series, I mean seriously! It's super special awesome!

Holy crap, I think LK is a freaking prodigy of the interwebs xB!!!

In short. Hells...yes
Old 07-19-2007

I always say... In America, and of course, Super Special Awesome!!
Old 07-19-2007

I just remembered that I use the "but why?" quite a bit.
Old 07-19-2007

I remember i was wearing sunglasses when it was pretty much black outside..And one of my friends asked me why i was wearing them and ont he spur of the moment i said "Because i'm American! And American's always wear sunglasses!"..Heh..
Old 07-19-2007

After my friends go on long rants about stuff, I immediately respond with

BURN THE WITCH!
Old 07-19-2007

When my school wanted to confiscate my iPod, the principal sed: But these are the rules...
And ofcourse I sed: Screw the Rules, I Have Money! :P
Me and a friend of mine always like to quote whole dialogues from YGO : TAS when we get bored...>_<

And I also quote on occasions where it is relevant :)
Like in random conversations...
Old 07-19-2007

haha most of my posts on facebook end with ...in America...

it got to the point where my friend's friends (?) from back home thought he was actually in America

jokes
Old 07-19-2007

I try to use at least one "super special awesome" reference a day. It's part of this balanced breakfast. I make it a point to use Tristan's line of, "Holy !@#$ on a !@#$ sandwich with !@#$ on top...and a side order of !@#$!" Especially at movies, during the scary parts. Like 1308. It's very challenging and rewarding to try to fit as many slightly more random quotes into my daily speech, like "And then we'll see who smells......it'll be you," and, "This puzzle is fa-abulous," and the ever-classic, "I don't like to be touched by people who don't have money."
Old 07-19-2007

Quote:
I don't like to be touched by people who don't have money."
classic - that one's guna get whooped out soon
Old 07-19-2007

A lot of people in my school watch the series so we do a lot of quoting, especially when playing the card game.

As usual the most popular quotes are "...in America!" and "Screw the Rules, I have Green Hair"
Old 07-19-2007

Out of like 50 friends that I got, Im the only one who watched the abridged series, so whenever something happens I use the quote Holy S#!t on a F****ing Sandwhich with a @$$ on top, and a side order of *&^*. And I use the quote super special awesome alot, my friends laugh their asses of from that.
Old 07-19-2007

i usually shout "In America!" and talk about duel insurance!!!
also when i play the game in real life i dont say "wanna duel" i say "u wanna play a childrens card game!"
Old 07-19-2007

OMG i so want to do that. I would be probably be stared at for the rest of the time I'm in there "My voice gives me super strength!!" haha! what an idea!!! :P Then again I might be chucked out... hmm...
Old 07-19-2007

Lol, I like that reason!
Old 07-19-2007

My friends and I quote it all the time. I once came into school wearing my clothes like Bandit Keith (well, the best that I could), even with an American flag on my head, and said, "In America!" after everything--- and wore my shades all day! XD But yes, YGO Abridged is the best thing to quote...
Old 07-19-2007

Lol, that's Super Special Awesome! I could never get away with that at my school...
Old 07-19-2007

Mostly "In America!", but more often "I don't understand I word you just said! Try speaking American, it's the only language I understand".

Off-topic; some deaf man just came to the door selling drawings. Had to turn him down because I didn't have enough money. I feel guilty. ;^;