This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2010
Grand Excavator of the Poop Mines;
Sovereign of Soiled Nappies
Prognosticator of prognosticators

Blurb: Married father of two, sci-fi author
Muffins Served: 20,403

Pan Fried Salmon Fillet in Lemon & Dill Sauce

Ingredients:
Fresh Salmon Fillet
Potatoes
Splash of Milk
1 tsp Butter
Broccoli florets
Courgette (zucchini)
Shop bought Lemon & Dill Sauce

Method:
We're going to be making mash potato. If you're familiar with this, skip to the next paragraph. Bottom line is, potatoes need to go on first because they take the longest. So peel, chop and wash the potatoes (approx 1 potato per person), put them in a saucepan with water in so that it covers the potatoes, bring to the boil and boil for 20 minutes (or until the potatoes slide off a knife when you stab and lift them). Once done, get a masher (or a fork) and begin to wreak havoc in the saucepan. Drop in about a teaspoon of butter and a splash of milk, and keep mashing until it's as free from lumps as you can get it.

WHILE THE POTATOES ARE BOILING prepare your veg. Cut up your courgettes, prepare your broccoli (I used shop-prepared florets because they were cheap). Also, now you need to prepare your fish. Take out a salmon fillet, sprinkle the top and the bottom with a little salt and pepper, and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Get a little olive oil (or whatever cooking oil) and rub it into the fillet on all sides - leave to stand for 5 minutes.

Pre-heat a frying pan on a high-heat, drop 1 tsp of butter in the pan and let it melt. Reduce to a medium heat. Place the salmon fillet on the butter in the centre of the pan. Let it sizzle for 2 minutes. Get some tongs and loosen it from the pan if you're not using a non-stick pan. Then, cook on both sides for 5 minutes each. So it should take 12 minutes in total.

While your salmon fillet and potatoes are cooking, boil up another saucepan, and stick in your courgettes and broccoli. Return to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.

Now, here's the cheating bit. Get the shop-bought lemon and dill sauce, and follow the instructions on the packet. If it's quicker and tidier to use the microwave, do so.

If you've got your timings right, you should be mashing your potatoes up just as your vegetables, sauce and salmon fillet are finishing cooking. Let the salmon stand for 2 minutes on the plate before serving, this lets the juices redistribute throughout the fillet.
Allow for the time it takes to boil the water for the vegetables. Veg in and of themselves are really quick to cook, but water takes ages to boil. If you like you can instead put the courgette in the frying pan with the salmon and cook that way.

How do you tell if the salmon fillet is done? The salmon should turn from a bright pink to a pale pink throughout. The meat should also easily flake away when cut.

Serve on the plate and pour the lemon and dill sauce over.

This recipe assumes 1 person. I cooked for 3 people, and so had 3 fillets. You can stick all 3 fillets in the frying pan at the same time if it's big enough.
Old 10-23-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

Blurb: My kitties are doopy and floopy, and I love them!
Send a message via AIM to musigal Send a message via MSN to musigal Send a message via Yahoo to musigal

vanilla butternut risotto - the vanilla bean is EXPENSIVE, so watch out. =/

Ingredients
• 4 cups chicken broth
• 1 large vanilla bean
• 3 cups peeled cubed (1-inch wide) butternut squash, about 12 ounces
• 2 tablespoons butter, plus 1 tablespoon
• 3/4 cups finely chopped onion (from 1 onion)
• 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice or medium-grain white rice
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions
In a medium saucepan, warm the broth over medium-high heat. Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds and add them, and the bean, to the broth. When the broth comes to a simmer reduce the heat to low. Add the butternut squash to the simmering broth and cook until tender (until all the broth is incorporated into the risotto). Using a slotted spoon remove the butternut squash to a side dish.
Meanwhile, in a large, heavy saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until tender but not brown, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and stir to coat with the butter. Add the wine and simmer until the wine has almost completely evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the simmering broth and stir until almost completely absorbed, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking the rice, adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each addition to of the broth to absorb before adding the next, until the rice is tender but still firm to the bite and the mixture is creamy, about 20 minutes total. Discard the vanilla bean pod. Turn off the heat. Gently stir in the butternut squash, Parmesan, the remaining tablespoon of butter, and salt. Transfer the risotto to a serving dish. Serve immediately.

This recipe ^ is GREAT. James and my parents all loved it, as did I. it's got a great texture, great flavor, and looks pretty too!

Chicken Chasseur (Hunter-style chicken)
Ingredients
• 4 whole chicken legs (thigh and drumstick together)
• Salt and pepper
• clarified butter
• 5 ounces cremini mushrooms, emincer (thinly sliced)
• 1 large shallot, ciseler (fine dice)
• 2 ounces (1/4 cup) apple juice
• 2 ounces (1/4 cup) dry white wine
• 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
• 1/4 cup tomato concasse (peeled, seeded, and diced tomato)
• 1-ounce cold butter
• 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
• 1 teaspoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Season chicken pieces on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a few tablespoons of butter in a skillet over high heat. Place chicken in skin side down and cook until golden brown. Turn the chicken over and brown the other side. Remove chicken to a baking sheet and bake in the oven until just cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the pan. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and saute until golden brown. Add the shallots and cook for 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and add the apple juice and cook until completely reduced. Add the wine and cook until completely reduced. Add the stock and tomato and bring to a simmer. Cook until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon ("nappe") and then swirl in the butter ("monter au beurre"). Once the butter is added, the sauce can not be further reduced because it will break. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the tarragon and parsley.
Remove the chicken from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut the legs into 2 pieces at the joint and on the bias and remove the thighbones. Serve on hot plates, napped with the sauce

the sauce on this one was great. but I think next time I'll use breast meat, as I prefer it. James and my mom both loved it (they're dark meat lovers)

served them both with fresh boiled corn cut off the cob. all in all a yummy meal ^ ^
Old 10-28-2010

Improvised Nabeyaki Udon! - Serves 1

This is a wonderful winter noodle soup. It's a really warming, comfortable dish, and great to make up enough for two people.
The original recipe said to use dashi stock, but I can't get hold of it, or the ingredients that make it up, so I used chicken stock instead.

Ingredients:
- 1 Skinless, boneless Chicken Thigh
- 1 dried Shiitake Mushroom (soaked in hot water for 20-30 minutes)
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mirin
- 1 portion of fresh thick Udon Noodles
For the Noodle Broth:
- 2 Chicken Stock Cubes to make up to 300ml
- 6 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Mirin
To Finish:
- 1/2 a Pak Choi
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1 Egg

Method:
Drain the mushroom, reserving the liquid. Cut off the stalk and slice the cup in half. Cut the Chicken Thigh into bite-size pieces and marinade in the 1tbsp Soy Sauce and 1tbsp Mirin.

Put all the ingredients for the noodle broth in a small saucepan together with the water you used to soak the mushroom in, the Chicken bits and half a Pak Choi. Bring to the boil and skim off any scum that rises to the surface. Add the mushroom.

While it's boiling, check that the chicken pieces have turned white (for me, the chicken bits were small enough that they cooked in the time it took to bring the broth to the boil).

Add the fresh Udon Noodles and cook for about 3 minutes. Turn off the heat, break the Egg into the soup, add the Spring Onion and cover for about 1 minute or so. The egg should poach in the residual heat.

Transfer to a deep bowl and enjoy.

**PROTIPs**
- Cut the chicken bits quite small

- You may find that this amount of stuff ends up being too much to fit in one person's bowl... either take out some of the broth with a ladle, or just decrease the amount of chicken stock, or mushroom "juice" you use from the get-go.

- Alternatively, cook enough for 2 people - if you do it right they'll love you for it

- Also, I couldn't get hold of it, but you can use 3 thinly sliced pieces of kamaboko (fish paste)... just add it in when you put in the egg

- ????

- PROFIT!
Old 10-28-2010

Here's a picture sans Egg:

Old 10-28-2010
*this space for rent*

most of these look soooo good, but i can't eat them. damn stupid chickens. :(
Old 10-28-2010
Deputy Executive Assistant Moderator; Chimera Ant Queen; SallylamiGami; Leasee

Blurb: Happily married since 10/19/2013

OK everyone, this is the chili recipe that I was talking about in the BAR that turned out wonderfully. The ingredients call for serving a family or so, which is perfect for smaller parties or when you live with a bunch of people.

Ingredients:
1 and a half pounds of ground beef
diced onion
salt and pepper
3 15oz cans of tomato sauce
chili powder (to taste, about 1 TBS, though you can add more if you want)
1 can light kidney beans, 1 can dark kidney beans, 1 can northern beans
1 29oz can crushed tomatoes

Steps:
Brown meat in pot, drain, add onions
Add in salt and pepper, then the rest of the ingredients in the order given
Stir continuously
Let simmer for 1 hour
Add water if chili is too thick or too spicy

This tastes best when you put some sharp cheddar slices at the bottom of your bowl, then add the soup. I also added oyster crackers on top, but you can also dip any kind of cheese slices into the soup and dip saltines or Ritz crackers or whatever. Cornbread is also delicious.

Looks something like this:

It's a really simple recipe and it tastes so delish. It's as sweet or as spicy as you want it to be (as in, if you want more spice, just add more chili powder lol)
Old 10-28-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

Send a message via AIM to musigal Send a message via MSN to musigal Send a message via Yahoo to musigal

my boyfriend loves udon. grew up on it =)
Old 11-11-2010

Courgette Risotto (serves 3)

Ingredients:
1 Courgette (zucchini)
Approx 200g arborio risotto rice
1 small onion
40g butter
800ml hot chicken stock
Pepper to taste
1 glass white wine
Grated cheese

Method:
Cut up your courgette into quarters lengthways, and then into chunks. Cut up your onion. Add the butter to a saucepan, allow it to melt on a medium heat. Add the onions. Sautι until soft, then add the rice. Cover the rice well with the butter/onion mixture.
The original recipe I took a brief look at said "cook until transparent"... whatever the hell that means - anyway, it's not very long at all. Like 5 minutes >_>

Add the courgette and the glass of wine, and when the wine's evaporated, add a ladlefull of the hot chicken stock.
As the chicken stock disappears, add more. Continue in this way for like 20 minutes - you'll more than likely end up using all the chicken stock - I did. Keep on stirring.

Taste it - if the rice is still hard, it's not done. Once the rice is nearly done, add pepper to taste, add some grated cheese (stir it in) and cover the saucepan with the lid and let the last bit of chicken stock boil the rice to finishing. When it's done, take it off the heat, and let it stand for 2 minutes, covered.

Serve evenly onto 3 plates.

NOTE: Don't use a metal handled saucepan - for anything - ever
I burnt myself on it really badly because I forgot it would get hot (all the metal-handled saucepans at my uni get really hot, my fianceιs parents ones don't >_>)

Also, don't let the rice burn to the bottom of the pan

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Also, as promised, here's the Nabeyaki Udon with Egg - I made it for my fianceι

Last edited by JesusRocks; 11-11-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-12-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

I'll have to try the risotto. looks yummy. ^ ^
there won't be any recipes from me this week, unfortunately. taking a hiatus for hw crunch time. =/
Old 12-03-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

still not cooking for my parents this week, but I did make a pretty good lunch for myself the other day.

it's not really a recipe so much leftovers.

butter and minced garlic in a pan. cook til soft. add precooked shrimp, cooked spaghetti, and chopped black olives. add more butter, some pepper, and some grated parmesan cheese for a sauce. eat. :D
Old 12-11-2010
Golden-Circle Lurker

cooked wings today, and though they were not the best recipe I've ever had (I'll have to find that one and post it later) they were quite delicious.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/s...ipe/index.html

We did the honey-bbq sauce.
Old 12-11-2010

Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.

I feel you on the crunch time. I've been slacking on my recipe shares too, I admit it. :P

Anyway for thanksgiving I made pumpkin bread, which was awesome. I started with this recipe: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/downea...ad/Detail.aspx

As my mom is allergic to cinnamon though, and I used a real pumpkin instead of canned my process was a bit different.

I cleaned and chopped the pumpkin up into about 2x2 inch pieces, peeled it, then boiled it with a 1/2 tsp of salt. Once that was done I used a food processor to mash it, and let it cool for about an hour before I measured out 15 oz for the recipe and put the rest in the freezer for safe keeping.

Other than that I followed the recipe, but replaced the cinnamon with 1/2 tsp more of ginger, and 1 tsp of allspice.

It was tasty and disappeared in a day so I never got around to taking a pic of it.
Old 01-05-2011
Golden-Circle Lurker

this friday is cooking again! YAY! so excited~
Old 01-05-2011

Brownie Truffle

Instructions:

-1 A family sized brownie mix (of any kind of brownie).
-1 Container of Cool Whip.
-1 Truffle bowl.
-(Optional) Chocolate Syrup.

1) Bake the brownies and let them completely cool off.
2) Crumble a layer of brownies in the truffle bowl.
3) Then, put a layer of cool whip on top of the brownies.
4) Drizzle chocolate syrup on top of the cool whip (Optional).
5) Repeat Steps 2 & 3 (4th if with chocolate syrup) as many times as you can and/or want.
6) Place into refrigerator until chilled.
7) Enjoy! :XD:

Also note: This picture to the actual truffle below was a "Double Batch", meaning we did it four times.

http://fav.me/d1zfd13
Old 01-05-2011

nom! just looking at that picture made my teeth hurt from sweetness. That however is not a bad thing.

I am planning on finding a recipe that will use all my parent's candy canes soon. Will update with it sometime after the week end.
Old 01-08-2011
Golden-Circle Lurker

lemon risotto
Ingredients
• 1 quart chicken stock
• 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 small to medium onion, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
• 2 cups white rice
• Juice and zest of 2 lemons
• 2 cups white wine
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
• 1 cup grated pecorino cheese, a couple of handfuls
• 4 tablespoons slivered mint leaves
• Two handfuls of basil tops, shredded or torn
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large pot, heat the stock and water over medium low heat.
In a risotto pot or large skillet with a rounded bottom, heat the extra-virgin olive oil over medium to medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic to pan and saute to soften 3 to 4 minutes Stir in the rice and add the zest of 2 lemons. Heat the rice for 1 to 2 minutes, then add the wine and cook until evaporated. Add in the stock, a few ladles at a time, and stir for a minute with each addition, to develop the starch and the creamy aspect. Keep adding stock each time the pan starts to become dry at the edges. When rice is cooked to al dente, stir in the butter, juice of 2 lemons, the cheese and herbs. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve immediately.

ratatouille
Ingredients
• 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more as needed
• 1 1/2 cups small diced yellow onion
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 2 cups medium diced eggplant, skin on
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
• 1 cup diced green bell peppers
• 1 cup diced red bell peppers
• 1 cup diced zucchini squash
• 1 cup diced yellow squash
• 1 1/2 cups peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Set a large 12-inch saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onions and garlic to the pan. Cook the onions, stirring occasionally, until they are wilted and lightly caramelized, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the eggplant and thyme to the pan and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant is partially cooked, about 5 minutes. Add the green and red peppers, zucchini, and squash and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, and salt and pepper, to taste, and cook for a final 5 minutes. Stir well to blend and serve either hot or at room temperature.

chicken ciccataire
Ingredients
• 8 chicken thighs
• 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
• 1/2 cup all purpose flour, for dredging
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 3/4 cup dry white wine
• 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
• 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 3 tablespoons drained capers
• 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
• 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
Directions
Sprinkle the chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour to coat lightly.
In a large heavy saute pan, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and saute just until brown, about 5 minutes per side. If all the chicken does not fit in the pan, saute it in 2 batches. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside. Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic to the same pan and saute over medium heat until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juice, broth, capers and oregano. Return the chicken pieces to the pan and turn them to coat in the sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Continue simmering over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a platter. If necessary, boil the sauce until it thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Spoon off any excess fat from atop the sauce. Spoon the sauce over the chicken, then sprinkle with the basil and serve.

this meal was really good, and the three dishes went well together :D
the version of the lemon risotto that I actually cooked was slightly different; this is the version with improvements (was the first time I'd tried the recipe).
Old 01-08-2011
Golden-Circle Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by musigal View Post
cooked wings today, and though they were not the best recipe I've ever had (I'll have to find that one and post it later) they were quite delicious.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/s...ipe/index.html

We did the honey-bbq sauce.
THESE ARE THOSE WINGS!

ingredients:

* canola oil
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder, plus 2 tablespoons
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 2 pounds chicken wings split at the joint, wing tips removed and discarded
* 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
* 1 to 2 tablespoons pureed chipotle chile in adobo
* 1 tablespoon New Mexico chili powder
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
* 1 stick unsalted butter, quartered

directions:

Heat 2-inches of the oil in a large, high-sided pan until it reaches 375 degrees F on a deep-fry thermometer.

Stir together the flour, salt, pepper, to taste, 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Season the wings with salt and pepper and add the wings in batches to the flour mixture to lightly coat and tap off excess flour. Add the wings in batches and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with paper towels.

Bring the vinegar, chipotle puree, 2 tablespoons chili powder and New Mexico chili powder to a simmer in a large high-sided saute pan over medium heat. Remove the mixture from the heat and whisk in the mustard, salt, honey, and butter until smooth. Add the wings to the mixture and toss to coat.
Old 01-31-2011
Golden-Circle Lurker

skillet red potatoes
Ingredients
• 1 1/2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, cut into wedges with skin on(about 1 1/2-inch pieces)
• Kosher salt, plus 1 teaspoon
• 1 to 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or oil
• 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 1 to 2 large cloves garlic, minced
• Freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Put the potatoes and salt in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer for 1 minute, then drain. Pat dry.
Add the 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter or oil to a skillet. Increase the heat to medium. Add the potatoes, positioning them in the pan so the cut sides get nice and brown. Cook turning only as needed until the potatoes are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Stir in the parsley and garlic and stir until fragrant and lightly browned. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Serve.

Squash saute
Ingredients
• 2 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 cup sliced red onion
• 2 small yellow squash, cut into long 1/4-inch thick slices on the diagonal
• 2 small zucchini, cut into long 1/4-inch thick slices on the diagonal
• 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 tablespoon thinly sliced basil leaves
Directions
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, squash, zucchini, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and soft. Add the tomatoes and basil and cook, stirring, until soft. Serve immediately.
Old 01-31-2011
Boss

Old 02-01-2011

Its nice to see underling posting again.

Also, that fudge recipe I promised.

Ingredients
1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Directions
Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, sour cream and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), about 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat; stir in white chocolate and marshmallow creme until melted. Fold in peppermint candy and extract. Pour into prepared pan. Chill until firm.
Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 pounds.

Let me just say that using marshmallow fluff in high altitude is hard. Mostly because the seal is nearly impossible to break, then its exceptionally hard to get it out of the jar.

Still, if you get the recipe right this fudge is soft, sweet, and the perfect cross between creamy and chewy.

Last edited by TheOcean; 02-01-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 02-01-2011
Golden-Circle Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underling View Post
that looks like the best sandwich ever. O.O

also @ ocean: FUDGGGGGGE! *high five*
Old 02-17-2011

I attempted to bake this yesterday, but forgot about altitude differences, so um, things didn't turn out as planned. They still tasted good though, so eat up if you're not over a mile in the sky.

1 (2 1/2 oz.) pkg. fudge brownie mix
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 egg
6 oz. pkg. chocolate chips
1 c. chopped nuts

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. Combine brownie mix, flour, water, oil, and eggs. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookie dough onto cookie sheets. Bake 8-12 minutes. Cool and remove from cookie sheets; cool completely.
Old 02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underling View Post
Sausage, bacon and cheese bread?

Oh wow... XD

Also guys, I haven't been cooking at all this week, it's been full-on at uni with events and stuff... I'm planning on hopefully cooking some fish next week, should be nice. I'll post the recipe on here :)
Old 02-24-2011
Golden-Circle Lurker

friday's meal:
Ingredients
• 8 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
• Salt
• 8 pork chops, 1-inch thick
• 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 large onions, yellow or red, thinly sliced
• 4 Gala or Golden Delicious apples, thinly sliced
• 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
• 2 lemon
• 8 tablespoons butter
• 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 cup apple juice
• 4 cups chicken stock
• 4 rounded tablespoons orange marmalade
Directions
In a medium pot add sweet potatoes and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until fork tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
Season chops with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork 5 minutes on the first side until deeply golden, turn and cook 3 to 4 minutes more with a loose foil tent over the pan. Remove cooked chops to a plate and cover to keep warm. Add another turn of the pan of olive oil, add the onions and apples. Season with salt, pepper and thyme and cook until just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Douse with the lemons’ juice and remove onions and apples to a bowl; keep warm.
Add 4 tablespoons butter to the skillet, melt then whisk in flour, cook 1 minute then whisk in apple juice and 2 cup of stock. Season the gravy with salt and pepper. Thicken 4 to 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
Drain cooked sweet potatoes and return pan to stove. Melt 4 tablespoons butter and combine with marmalade and 2 cup stock. Add potatoes and mash, season with salt and pepper.
Serve chops covered with apples and onions, gravy poured down over top, sweet potatoes alongside.
Old 02-24-2011

Pan-Fried Salmon, Spinach and Tartare Cream Sauce

Just a really simple little dish that I made for my housemates on Wednesday

Serves 3
Ingredients:
- 3 Salmon Fillets
- 3 tbsp Creme Fraiche
- 3 tbsp Parsley
- 2 tsp drained Capers
- 260g bag Spinach
- Lemon Juice (from 1/2 a lemon)
- 2 Carrots, sliced
- New Potatoes
- Lemon Wedges to serve

1. Start up boiling the new potatoes. Leave them to boil while you do the rest of the dish - only take about 20 minutes anyway, put the carrot slices in about halfway through.
2. Prepare the Tartare Cream Sauce: Mix the creme fraiche, capers, parsley and lemon juice in a saucepan.
3. Heat some oil in a frying pan, season the salmon on both sides (with black pepper) and fry for 4 minutes on each side until golden and the flesh flakes easily. Put aside on the plates to allow the juices to settle
4. Tip the Spinach into the hot pan, cover and allow to wilt for about a minute or so - stirring once or twice
5. Gently heat the Tartare Cream Sauce - don't allow it to boil
6. Spoon the spinach onto the plates equally, top with the salmon, serve out the new potatoes and carrots onto the plate, and pour over the tartare cream sauce, and serve with the lemon wedges on the side.

All in all it only takes about 20 minutes, and it tastes absolutely amazing!
Old 02-24-2011
Draw all the things!

Location: The wind under my wings has carried me to where the sun sails and the moon walks
Blurb: Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy
Send a message via MSN to kudos

Quote:
Originally Posted by musigal View Post
friday's meal:
Ingredients
• 8 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
• Salt
• 8 pork chops, 1-inch thick
• 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 large onions, yellow or red, thinly sliced
• 4 Gala or Golden Delicious apples, thinly sliced
• 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
• 2 lemon
• 8 tablespoons butter
• 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 cup apple juice
• 4 cups chicken stock
• 4 rounded tablespoons orange marmalade
Directions
In a medium pot add sweet potatoes and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until fork tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
Season chops with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork 5 minutes on the first side until deeply golden, turn and cook 3 to 4 minutes more with a loose foil tent over the pan. Remove cooked chops to a plate and cover to keep warm. Add another turn of the pan of olive oil, add the onions and apples. Season with salt, pepper and thyme and cook until just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Douse with the lemons’ juice and remove onions and apples to a bowl; keep warm.
Add 4 tablespoons butter to the skillet, melt then whisk in flour, cook 1 minute then whisk in apple juice and 2 cup of stock. Season the gravy with salt and pepper. Thicken 4 to 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
Drain cooked sweet potatoes and return pan to stove. Melt 4 tablespoons butter and combine with marmalade and 2 cup stock. Add potatoes and mash, season with salt and pepper.
Serve chops covered with apples and onions, gravy poured down over top, sweet potatoes alongside.
I ate this. It was delicious. That is all :3
Old 02-25-2011

I really ought to start looking on here for recipes, now that there is a substantial amount of them to choose between... y'know, actually trying other people's cooking, rather than just adding my own recipes every so often

Last edited by JesusRocks; 02-25-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Old 02-28-2011
Golden-Circle Lurker

I'm gonna have to try the salmon recipe the next time salmon is on sale =) looks yummy.
Old 03-12-2011

So on Wednesday, I basically fried some salmon in soy sauce, served it with steamed pak choi and some white rice.

Damn I have a lot of salmon to use up lol. It also made a huge mess of the kitchen, what with soy sauce spitting EVERYWHERE

Tasted gorgeous though ^_^
Old 03-14-2011

Blurb: I will crossdress for tequila.

I need some good h'orderves to serve ata party this Saturday but I dont even know where to start. :|