This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007

Everyone has to have seen some summer movies by now...my current ratings?

Pirates 3 = Transformers = Simpsons > Spiderman 3 > Shrek 3 > Fantastic Four 2

The Simpsons Movie

The Good
- The opening sketch with Itchy and Stratchy was great, especially when it pans out to homer in the movie theater.
- The Green Day concert scene couldnt have ended any better than it did, with them playing the Titantic scene.
- The whole skateboarding scene with bart was classic that and see his wang which was totally unexpected...
- Maggie actually had several funny scenes in the movie that I dont feel like explaining
- Homer going into the sink hole and giving the finger was funny as hell

The Bad
- Basically all the trailers and commercials I saw prior to seeing this movie ruined all those scenes for me. Spider pig, Arnold as president, etc.

overall it actually felt like I was watching a movie rather than another simpsons episode. The story was put together pretty well and was enjoyable.

My beef with Fantastic 4

1. Doctor Doom seemed completely unnecessary in the movie and of course they dont finish him off in this movie either. The way they "beat" him in lame too...
2. Silver Surfer was cool until he stopped terrorizing the planet.
3. The whole marriage thing between Mr. Fantastic and the Invisible Woman just seemed tacked on to "add" to the story.
4. Thing and the Human Torch have a few good lines and probably were the best parts of the entire movie.
5. YOU DONT SEE GALACTUS!!!! All you see is the outline of his helmet in fire for a few seconds and thats it...They could have a least put him in there for a few seconds for christs sake...

My Take on Transformers

1. The comedy in this movie was great (especially when the Autobots finally come into the picture)
2. The fight scenes are excellent (Optimus Prime kicks ass in one scene)
3. The ending was a little unexpected but thats kind of a good thing
4. My only beef with the movie is that it seemed to be just a little too long (somewhere around 2 hours and 15 minutes)

Oh and I have to add that The Simpsons Movie seems to be the one movie that will top Pirates 3 on my list.

</wall of text>
Old 07-16-2007

Wow. Spoilers. Oh, well. Seen these movies. So far, I think:

Transformers > Harry Potter 5 > Pirates 3 > Spider-Man 3 > Fantastic Four 2 > Shrek 3
Old 07-16-2007

Transformers > ALL. Excellent movie, really. Some say the plot was lacking, but I say -- "when you have Optimus Prime, you don't need plot!"

Pirates 3 made me bash my head in the cement.. Well, almost. I would if it wouldn't have been litering. :/ Same with Spider-man 3 and Shrek 3. Aaaaaaannnd Harry Potter 5. That just ruined my entire fandom. It was almost as bad as Half Blood Prince. IMO, at least.
Old 07-16-2007

Spider-Man 3 left me feeling sick because there was so much stuff in it. And I am a big Spidey fan. Pirates 3 should just be the end. No more Pirates! Transformers, I have no problem with. Except for making out on top of Bumblebee. That's kinda weird.
Old 07-16-2007

I actually liked Harry Potter 5. Sure, it was chopped up like something chopped by the Chopper, but it actually felt like a real movie as opposed to the lameness that was HP4. Luna was amazing.

Mmm, let's see. 28 Days Later was a predictable gorefest but the ending was pretty awesome (though apparently genetics are the easiest thing ever, and the zombie that has the most emotional impact on the living characters will show up EVERYWHERE, no matter how implausible); Ratatouille was fun and more amusing than I was expecting; Pirates 3 was all right, but still not great; Knocked Up was waaaaaaay better than I was expecting based on the premise, and actually felt like the most realistic film about interpersonal relationships ever.

I'm really looking forward to Stardust next month.
Old 07-16-2007

I thought that Spider Man 3 was good, but Venom came in a little too late.
Ratatoullie I thought was very good, it was the first Disney movie to ever make me laugh
Old 07-16-2007

Blurb: i make films with kroze.
Send a message via AIM to BryyMiller Send a message via MSN to BryyMiller

Cop-out.

Cop-out alert.
Old 07-17-2007

I liked Spider-Man 3, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, and Pirates 3. The only thing that I did not like about Spider-Man 3 was that Venom did not have a big enough part. I liked how Sandman had a good storyline! Not much wrong with Fantastic Four 2 in my opinion, only the fact they messed up on Galactus.
Old 07-17-2007

Harry Potter 5 was actually better than I had expected. I really want to watch Transformers, though. Also, Pirates 3 was dissappointing, and now that I think about it, the real actors had less screen time than the stunt doubles, because of all the ridiculous fight scenes.
Old 07-17-2007

I hate Spiderman movies, Fantastic Four, and Pirates of the Carribean. Transformers was one of the best movies I have ever seen. Harry Potter 5 was bad...They left out a lot of important parts. The only good part was the IMAX screen...

I recommend Transformers the Movie,
Old 07-18-2007

300 > Transformers > Live Free or Die Hard > Hot Fuzz > 1408 > Rise of the SIlver Surfer > Pirates 3 > Shrek 3 > Oceans 13 > Spiderman 3.

I need to see Harry Potter NOW!!!!!!!! And that's right, Silver Surfer beat Pirates.

Paprika PWNS ALL!!!
Old 07-28-2007

bumping with updates
Old 07-31-2007

Blurb: Guh? Muh? Wuh? Zuh?!
Send a message via MSN to Seraphim

To all of you discontent with the Galactus scene in Fantastic Four 2:

The Marvel Productions company tried to get all of Galactus in the film, but were unable to clear him through the courts. So they had to settle with a hybrid of normal Marvel continuity and ultimate Marvel continuity.
Old 07-31-2007

Quote:
Ratatoullie I thought was very good, it was the first [s]Disney[/s] Pixar movie to ever make me laugh
Fixed!

Anywho, my list of Movies I've seen this summer thus far, in order of preference:

1. Ratatouille
2. Simpsons
3. Harry Potter and the OotP
4. Ocean's 13
5. Die Hard 4
6. Transformers
7. Fantastic Four 2
8. PotC 3
9. Spider-man 3
10-One Below Infinity. Reserved for any other films I might see this summer.
Infinity. Shrek 3
Old 08-01-2007

I was really expecting alot out of Shrek 3 especially since I adored Shrek 1 & 2...but it was majorly dissapointing. Pirates 3, Oceans 13 and Transformers were my favorites so far. I'm seeing Ratatouille this Friday, I'm so excited! :D