This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Serious Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2010

Blurb: I will crossdress for tequila.

I'm probably just speaking for myself and for a few of my other friends who are lesbians as well, but maybe someone can related. We (and a lot of other lesbians I have talked to) kind of stay away from dating bisexual girls basically for the fact that they're very wishy washy in a relationship as far as who they're attracted to. From what I've seen, and experienced as a teenager in highschool, a lot of self proclaimed "bisexuals" are VERY unsure of who they want to be, I emphasize this with teenagers. Lots of people experiment in their teenage years, but for many years now teens cant wait to slap a label on themselves even before they're 100% of what they're sexuality is. Thats why I think in the gay comminuty bisexuals kind of have a bad name.

It just seems very odd to me that every other girl I meet is "bisexual." I guess sexuality is an extremely confusing thing to begin with but people REALLY need to think about what they want out of a romantic relationship before they go around advertising themselves.

Also, another thing that makes me upset, girls kissing other girls so they can get the attention of guys. This is another HUGE reason I dont take bisexuals totaly serious. I'm not against bisexuality, I just have this preconditioned bias against them from what I have experience. If I meet someone bisexual I dont assume these things about them, I just wait for them to prove me wrong.

Last edited by PegasusJCrawford; 10-30-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-31-2010

Blurb: If you two fuckers are done fucking around, we've got a job to do

I'm not sure what my sexuality is, and I'm thinking i might be lesbian BUT I'm unsure so I'll stick to asexual.
Old 10-31-2010

Blurb: Ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusJCrawford View Post
I'm probably just speaking for myself and for a few of my other friends who are lesbians as well, but maybe someone can related. We (and a lot of other lesbians I have talked to) kind of stay away from dating bisexual girls basically for the fact that they're very wishy washy in a relationship as far as who they're attracted to. From what I've seen, and experienced as a teenager in highschool, a lot of self proclaimed "bisexuals" are VERY unsure of who they want to be, I emphasize this with teenagers. Lots of people experiment in their teenage years, but for many years now teens cant wait to slap a label on themselves even before they're 100% of what they're sexuality is. Thats why I think in the gay comminuty bisexuals kind of have a bad name.

It just seems very odd to me that every other girl I meet is "bisexual." I guess sexuality is an extremely confusing thing to begin with but people REALLY need to think about what they want out of a romantic relationship before they go around advertising themselves.

Also, another thing that makes me upset, girls kissing other girls so they can get the attention of guys. This is another HUGE reason I dont take bisexuals totaly serious. I'm not against bisexuality, I just have this preconditioned bias against them from what I have experience. If I meet someone bisexual I dont assume these things about them, I just wait for them to prove me wrong.
I will agree about the highschool girls part which they could either be bisexual or trying to figure things out. Highschool and early college/university is a time of experimentation so they may find a girl attractive and think "oh my gosh, am I bisexual?" I'd rather date someone who is stable in their sexuality instead of someone who is questioning and if they are confident that they are bisexual and want to date a woman, that is fine with me. Hell even I went through a questioning phase in highschool. Would it have been fair for me to date someone not knowing whether or not I have attraction to them? Nope.

I find that as you get older, the bisexuals are more settled in their sexuality. I'm in Pride and there are quite a few bisexuals in their 3rd-5th year and while some people still question then, they seem less likely to hop back and forth between any type of sexuality.

At times I do find it odd that almost every girl is bisexual but like you said, sexuality is a pretty confusing thing and sometimes, it might be easier to say you are bisexual than say purely hetero or homosexual. To some, you can't have any physical liking for the same sex and still be straight (it is stupid but people do think like that) or they feel like being homosexual closes off options. For example if you are female and gay, the chances of having the white picket fence with 2.5 children decreases but if you say you are bisexual, it still leaves that gate open to satisfy yourself or your family. Of course there are those that say they are bisexual (or pansexual now) because it is the cool thing to do.

Girls making out for attention annoys me but so does anyone doing something physical for attention. There is no need for it and it usually gives you a bad reputation. However, I don't see an issue if you are with your girlfriend/boyfriend/partner and sharing a few kisses but you can usually tell who is doing it for the attention and is just sharing affection with their partner.

I have no issues with bisexuality. Every person is a person to me but I will agree that people should be comfortable with their sexuality and really think about it before they slap on the label and say they are so.
Old 10-31-2010
The worst kind of worst kind

Marshmallow

With everyone's name as Kroze this thread is so...
Old 10-31-2010

Marshmallow

KROOOOZE
Old 10-31-2010

@sugar beets, I dont really need to quote, I totally agree with everything you just said. lol.
Old 11-01-2010

Jimmy Urine pretty much sums it all up:

"I have a dick and it gets hard then that's good. I walk down the street and if I see a girl and my dick gets hard that's good and if I see a boy that's good too and same with seeing a chicken. If my dick gets hard and I want to fuck it then that's good. People like to attach labels to themselves, straight, gay, S&M, it's just so simple. It doesn't matter what you do whether its horrible or mainstream or boring, you know what turns you on. So why the big brouhaha?"

Ok well I don't have a dick to tell me when it's good xD but you get my point
Old 11-02-2010

Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by notbrock View Post
Jenny Urine pretty much sums it all up:

"I have a pussy and it gets moist then that's good. I walk down the street and if I see a girl and my pussy gets moist that's good and if I see a boy that's good too and same with seeing a chicken. If my pussy gets moist and I want to fuck it then that's good. People like to attach labels to themselves, straight, gay, S&M, it's just so simple. It doesn't matter what you do whether its horrible or mainstream or boring, you know what turns you on. So why the big brouhaha?"
FIX'd for gender translation
Old 11-02-2010

Brouhaha - adding that to my vocabulary.
Old 12-01-2010

Blurb: Slightly crazy self-proclaimed human being, so nothing to worry about.
Send a message via MSN to L'sEyeCandy

This argument can be found all over the net, so does anyone mind if I add my two cents???

As far as I see it, love's a rare thing in the world, so it should be embraced wherever it's found. If that happens to be with someone of the same gender, or the opposite, fine, but sometimes it's nessessary to jump into a relationship, long or short term, to find out whether it's love or lust being felt. I don't have a problem with that at all.

We are only born with the knowledge of right and wrong, nothing else. Everything else has to be learned and found out, including sexuality. I've noticed that those who are very defensive about this topic tend to be unsure themselves. I'll confess, I'm unsure right now, but I'm willing to accept that.

People need to learn that we are who we are and, truth be told, there's probably not a dang thing we can do to change that, regardless of what scienctists say. Science is imperfect, humans are imperfect and so's life.

My opinion: Embrace it and find out who you are. Judge others by the same measure you want to be judged. We can't classify and judge other people, other human beings without realising that they're every bit as complicated as we are and may have perfectly good reasons.

Call me naive, you wouldn't be the first, or the last, but make your own opinion. There's mine, take from it what you will
Old 12-17-2010

Blurb: Still too lazy to do anything
Send a message via MSN to Anreyla

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'sEyeCandy View Post
We are only born with the knowledge of right and wrong, nothing else. Everything else has to be learned and found out, including sexuality. I've noticed that those who are very defensive about this topic tend to be unsure themselves. I'll confess, I'm unsure right now, but I'm willing to accept that.

People need to learn that we are who we are and, truth be told, there's probably not a dang thing we can do to change that, regardless of what scienctists say. Science is imperfect, humans are imperfect and so's life.

My opinion: Embrace it and find out who you are. Judge others by the same measure you want to be judged. We can't classify and judge other people, other human beings without realising that they're every bit as complicated as we are and may have perfectly good reasons.

Call me naive, you wouldn't be the first, or the last, but make your own opinion. There's mine, take from it what you will
Allllright, this is going to be a bit off-topic and late, but I can't help it, it's been driving me insane.

Humans are not born with just the knowledge of right and wrong, morality is not objective, so that point just seems moot to me. Hell, most of the knowledge of morality is derived from nurture and socialization in later years, not nature. Infants do not possess the ability to measure moral correctness, they don't care for it, little kids aren't taught to lie, they do it by nature. (There was a study on it, they took probably a dozen or so kids, three/four/five years old in age, put them in a room, set up a little playset behind them, said 'I will be right back, don't look behind you,' and left. Every kid, of course, looked behind them. And every kid, when asked "did you peek?" replied with "No".) Sexuality is not something people are taught, it's something they're born with, it's determined in the womb, and when puberty occurs, hormones kick in and the sexual drive activates.

To actually go on topic: Yes, in teenage years (and this is just from my own personal experience, being 15), there is a lot of girls who are 'confused' and say they're bisexual, either for attention or for legitimately being unsure. (And in both cases, the girls tend to jump around a lot, 'I'm straight, I'm bi, I'm gay!' and so on) I've also noticed, though, that there's just as many girls who identify entirely as heterosexual. I don't really know any older people who identify as anything other than heterosexual, so I don't have any room to talk as far as 'levelling out as you grow up' goes.

Personally, I don't really identify with any sexuality label, I know I'm a teenager and I know that my brain's a bit wonky at this point. I could say I'm a lesbian, I have absolutely no interest in men, but then, I don't really have much interest in women either (in fact, I can't stand most females I know). Asexuality? Yes? No? Who knows.

Last edited by Anreyla; 12-17-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-17-2010
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

Quote:
Humans are not born with just the knowledge of right and wrong, morality is not objective, so that point just seems moot to me.
this I agree with, however clear from posters other comments where sit in all this, so not worth agruing the flip lol,

I think this hate against baisexuality is weird, almost like society has gone, ok if going to accept gays, then lets turn negative intent against new group...man we suck lol
Old 12-17-2010

Blurb: Still too lazy to do anything
Send a message via MSN to Anreyla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
this I agree with, however clear from posters other comments where sit in all this, so not worth agruing the flip lol,

I think this hate against baisexuality is weird, almost like society has gone, ok if going to accept gays, then lets turn negative intent against new group...man we suck lol
Yeah, I don't really get it, either. I mean, I could understand, as was stated before, if you were looking for a partner, being wary of someone who labelled themself as bisexual because they were confused, but outright hating them, as far as I'm concerned, is unacceptable.
Old 02-28-2011

at this time I'm unsure of my sexuality but I don't think it should matter because it's my life and if there are others who feel that they should apolgize for being bi or gay they should remeber that it's their life not the pepole who are tring to get you to change.
as for the young people killing themselves that's sad because they had potintal to make a difference but because of the stigmas attached to being bi or gay they proabbly felt like they were pushed in a corner and didn't see a way out
as for the people saying that gays should kill themselves they should ask themselves what if it was someone I care about how would I feel if someone I care about commits suicide
Old 02-28-2011

It totally sucks when you're a teenage girl and your sexuality is "the new, trendy bi". I mean it REALLY is, but heck, try telling that to people.

I can practically HEAR people around me not taking me seriously. D:
Old 02-28-2011

Blurb: Anon, do you have a moment to talk about Jesus?

It's none of my business... it's none of my business... it's none of my business.

That's my stance on this. Seriously, if "It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg" (Thomas Jefferson), what business is it mine?

Hatred, coddling, and political correctness of these people don't bother me that much. I choose neither to coddle nor hate, and if I'm complained of for it, then so be it.

I would like others to live the same way I do, but I'm not fool enough to expect it. It's just not worth fighting long, partisan battles over this sort of thing when I've seen enough to make my choice.

Live as you will, just stay out of my way.
Old 03-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyShadow View Post
It's none of my business... it's none of my business... it's none of my business.

That's my stance on this. Seriously, if "It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg" (Thomas Jefferson), what business is it mine?

Hatred, coddling, and political correctness of these people don't bother me that much. I choose neither to coddle nor hate, and if I'm complained of for it, then so be it.

I would like others to live the same way I do, but I'm not fool enough to expect it. It's just not worth fighting long, partisan battles over this sort of thing when I've seen enough to make my choice.

Live as you will, just stay out of my way.
I agree with everything you said
Old 04-20-2011

Blurb: See you in your dreams!

i don't tend to label myself, but by definition I am bisexual, I could see myself being with either gender, and have had romantic feelings for more men then women
but love is hard to find these days and I don't feel its necessary to limit it or to give myself a label so I seem cool or hip or whatever the fuck the word is