This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Site Help and Suggestions > Help
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2011
Banned

Default Thread name won't change?

I can't seem to change the thread name for my Death Note Mafia game. I've never had a problem before, but the name-change seems to only effect the subect in the thread and not how the thread looks from the outside. This is bad, as that's how I tell people when sign-ups or recoil are going on and what page to look at for them.
Old 05-18-2011
Deputy Executive Assistant Moderator; Chimera Ant Queen; SallylamiGami; Leasee

Blurb: Happily married since 10/19/2013

This is something that has happened before with regular users for whatever reason. I cannot remember why it is, or how to fix it.

If you would like, I can change the thread title to simply say Death Note Mafia. I know that this gets in the way with players and potential players knowing what is currently happening with the game, but the rest of the forum games seem to get by with trusting players to keep up with the threads themselves and to advertising to other forum users when game sign-ups are going to be. Otherwise we can't do anything about it. Sorry. :/
Old 05-18-2011
Banned

I currently need the thread title to say Death Note Mafia-Game 3 in progress!(Page 25). And we really need to figure out how to fix this.D :
Old 05-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiChan View Post
I currently need the thread title to say Death Note Mafia-Game 3 in progress!(Page 25). And we really need to figure out how to fix this.D :
I'll change it to say that for now, but I must warn you, I'm not going to change the title every time you want it changed...

Are you sure you can't live with having it just say Death Note Mafia? The rest of the forum games live this way despite having luxury of changing the title in the past.

Last edited by MrsSallyBakura; 05-18-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2011
Banned

The other games have also been around longer and have steady players, which is not the same case for mine.
Old 05-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiChan View Post
The other games have also been around longer and have steady players, which is not the same case for mine.
True. But this is one of those sticky situations where we can't really do anything to fix it. I'm not online everyday to change the name for you, and I can't guarantee that the other mods will fix the thread title for you either. Perhaps you could at least do away with the page number? I'm sure your players won't be too lost without it.

And really, if your forum game dies off due to inactivity (even if you decided to personally let everyone know when sign-ups begin), it's not the end of the world.

And besides, your game started at around the same time as HolyShadow's Death Note: Another Forum Game. Mafia TFG recently got picked back up again. Both are doing fairly well without constant title changes.

Last edited by MrsSallyBakura; 05-18-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-19-2011
Banned

Both of those games have been around longer and are more popular, as well as run by people who are the same. I'm considered new, and without page numbers and updates, a lot of people overlook the thread or get intimidated. And you're being a little insensitive about the forum game thing...: ( You guys should find out what's causing this problem, as you're the staff.
Old 05-20-2011

We've gone through the process of finding out what's wrong before. We don't know what it is, and I don't have the power to figure it out.

As I have told you, if your game does not succeed simply because people won't know by looking at the thread title when sign-ups are, it's not the end of the world. You can always mass PM people to let them know when sign-ups have begun. You can also encourage people to subscribe to the thread. There are other ways to advertise your game that have nothing to do with changing the title.

And if your game does fail, oh well. That's life.
Closed Thread