This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series > Yu-Gi-Oh: Abridged Series Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2009

Blurb: whats Blurb? :/
Talking Have you ever thought of making a Abridged Series?

Have you ever thought of making a Abridged Series? or made a Abridged series? and if so what Series would you Abridge?

I have thought about making one Several Times then remembered I Can't Voice Act

I would have liked to have made a Pokemon,TTGL or Cowboy Bebop Abridged Series lol
Old 05-02-2009

Blurb: ...and shoot that old lady

Cant say that I have, because if you have noticed, all other abridged series' do the exact same thing as yugioh, but just fail miserably
Old 05-02-2009

Blurb: Putting the 'romance' in 'necromancy'
Send a message via MSN to LordMaddie

No, no I havent.

(Thought of making my own abridged series)
Old 05-02-2009
Definitely Kim Jong Un; The Cryptkeeper

Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331

i did, one piece (so all of them didnt suck), but idk any1 who can write, so it nvr went anywhere
Old 05-02-2009

I think we shall all have to concede and convice ourselves that littlekuriboh has created something great, but all those who try to follow in his footsteps are destined to fail
Old 05-02-2009

Blurb: Putting the 'romance' in 'necromancy'
Send a message via MSN to LordMaddie

Hear, hear.
Old 05-02-2009

I have, of course. But any attempt I make at cracking a joke tends to fail miserably soooo. ;C

(that, and my video editing sucks. (Which is strange, since I'm a media student, I should know how to edit |D))
Old 05-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyFoxglove View Post
I have, of course. But any attempt I make at cracking a joke tends to fail miserably soooo. ;C

(that, and my video editing sucks. (Which is strange, since I'm a media student, I should know how to edit |D))
Lol in that case, you may want to correct that problem

(thats assuming your course expects you to do that sort of thing
Old 05-02-2009

Blurb: Trvest of the Trv, Kvltest of the Kvlt

I've thought of making "Bayblade" the abridged series more than once.
Old 05-02-2009

Blurb: Mmm, fingers.
Marshmallow

Yes. And went through with it.
Old 05-02-2009

Blurb: whats Blurb? :/
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJacksterN View Post
Yes. And went through with it.
I was going to say has anyone bare DaJacksterN made one but i thought i would not bother saying it like that
Old 05-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralAwesome View Post
Lol in that case, you may want to correct that problem

(thats assuming your course expects you to do that sort of thing
Yes, probably. xD
Old 05-02-2009
The Foreskin Queen Deserving of a rest

Blurb: <3<3<3 Rebbie
Send a message via MSN to TPishek

My imaginary boyfriend makes abridgedments.... that's good enough for me. :D

[ That would be RebornZombie2, for the unenlightened.... ]
Old 05-02-2009
Leo'sAss++

Location: The men in white say the pills make me sane. (also in Ohio)
Blurb: *jumps from plane without parachute* VODKAAAAAA~
Send a message via MSN to Danni I. Sullivan

I was thinking of doing Inuyasha, but I don't have a microphone.
;-;
Old 05-02-2009

Blurb: Male abuse - I'm for it, and even against it.

I once had that bizarre idea of House: The Abridged Series.

The problem is, it's rather hard to lampshade these series. Then we have the issue of House being way too awesome already to be abridged. And then we have the problem with jokes. I don't like hurting anyone I like - even fictional characters I like. And since probably a joke revolving around House relationship with Wilson would be in a high demand, I've thought it was not that good of an idea. Also, I would hate to ruin it for anybody. And I'm not that funny anyway to make more than one episode with a funny joke.

Oh, and besides: My prepubertal, stuttering, incomprehensible voice is already troubled at speaking it's native language. In English it would be worse.

Besides I'm lazy.

And I don't even have a microphone.

Or video editing skills.
Old 05-02-2009

Yeah, I thought about it... Then I realized that not only am I incapable of speaking in more than two voices (my own and some creepy falsetto), but I am entirely too unimaginative to even begin writing jokes for it. And even if I could, I'd get nowhere anyway since I would crack myself up when I tried to record the lines >_>

Plus, all the series I would consider doing it for already have abridged versions, and even the worst of those are very likely to be better than I could do (ouch, there's a sad truth).

Plus plus, my microphone has the habit of recording even the smallest puffs of breath, so I have to speak in a freakishly unnatural way to keep that from happening, and even then, it picks up the background noise--including my constantly-chirping budgies.

So I decided it would be best not to create something with the ability to frighten small children.
Old 05-02-2009

Blurb: Mmm, fingers.
Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni I. Sullivan View Post
I was thinking of doing Inuyasha, but I don't have a microphone.
;-;
HAHA FAIL.

If you ever get a mic, I SO want in on that project! xD
Old 05-02-2009

No, because posting a video in youtube is like throwing a message in a bottle into the sea... and the sea is made of messages in bottles.
Old 05-03-2009

No...what the 'ef? You need *mad* time to do it and do it correctly. I'm a junior in high school so there's no way I'd have that kinda time. xP
Old 05-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsinvurt View Post
Have you ever thought of making a Abridged Series? or made a Abridged series? and if so what Series would you Abridge?

I have thought about making one Several Times then remembered I Can't Voice Act

I would have liked to have made a Pokemon,TTGL or Cowboy Bebop Abridged Series lol
Join me in my evil plan of abridging TTGL

send me a priv message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syssareth View Post
Yeah, I thought about it... Then I realized that not only am I incapable of speaking in more than two voices (my own and some creepy falsetto), but I am entirely too unimaginative to even begin writing jokes for it. And even if I could, I'd get nowhere anyway since I would crack myself up when I tried to record the lines >_>

Plus, all the series I would consider doing it for already have abridged versions, and even the worst of those are very likely to be better than I could do (ouch, there's a sad truth).

Plus plus, my microphone has the habit of recording even the smallest puffs of breath, so I have to speak in a freakishly unnatural way to keep that from happening, and even then, it picks up the background noise--including my constantly-chirping budgies.

So I decided it would be best not to create something with the ability to frighten small children.
life is full of choices,you don't have to name your fandub 'abridged' it can be just fandub :D

As for voices,I use GoldenWave it reduces puffs and noises.

Good way to voiceover stuff is to write down what you wish to say and even make a small map over yout text with arrows where you want your voice to fall or go higher.When you voice few characters is better to get one character's lines to read.Later you can just chop it in program.This way you won't go through problems of keeping different voices for different characters.

You can make short parodies or something tottaly different.It's sad that most people nowadays think - Fandub = abridged...WROOOOOOOOOOONG

Always keep a piece of paper with you and write your ideas down.and describe them so you won't lose the point later when you f.eg.go sleep and wake up next day with tottaly empty mind

as for making voices,watch funny cartoons and try to imitate voices

Last edited by TaiCat; 05-03-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-03-2009

I want to. I'm a MPT major so it would be good practice for my editing and screenwriting class but I just haven't had time to. I would have to buy a microphone headset but I am planning on doing that anyway because I want to try a let's play. I have final cut pro so editing wouldn't be a problem just need to come up with a show to abridge and try to write something original instead of just ripping off LK like all the other abridged series on youtube. Maybe I'll give it a shot this summer.
Old 05-03-2009

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

I still plan on making a Zatch Bell abridged.

At first, when Borinyukami came out with his, I shelved those plans; but a little competition never hurt anyone. Of course, it may be a very long time before I'd actually get around to doing it.
Old 05-03-2009

And betray LK?!

NEVER!
Old 05-03-2009

That's right, LK must surely care a lot if another Abridged Series joins the dozens that there are already and tries to steal his suscribers...
Old 05-04-2009

I've had so far 3 attempts at my own Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged. They were all abandoned for a lack of decent recording equipment.
Old 05-04-2009

In truth, yes, though I wish I had the voice for it, because all these Pokemon abridged versions are all varying degrees of terrible and I'd love to do a proper Pokemon skit.

Last edited by SirFluffykins; 05-04-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFluffykins View Post
In truth though I wish I had the voice for it, because all these Pokemon abridged versions are all varying degrees of terrible and I'd love to do a proper Pokemon skit.
How good can you voice?
Old 05-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiCat View Post
How good can you voice?
There's your mistake right there. :)

I sound dead, monotone and I even struggle to voice words clearly in my normal conversation.

That may be good enough for other people to pick up a mic, but I was born with quality control!

*FLASH-BACK NO JUTSU* So sadly, despite my witty/comical nature, stage was not an option for me :(

Last edited by SirFluffykins; 05-04-2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFluffykins View Post
There's your mistake right there. :)

I sound dead, monotone and I even struggle to voice words clearly in my normal conversation.

That may be good enough for other people to pick up a mic, but I was born with quality control!

*FLASH-BACK NO JUTSU* So sadly, despite my witty/comical nature, stage was not an option for me :(
I know how you feel...
My problem is that I love to write parodies.I got hard time explaining them when I speak but I often give my point after making what I ment to.
I also would love to voice but...MY ENGLISH SUCKS!!!!!

I did parodies in polish and I can imitate some popular polish cartoon characters.I also speak with fairly good japanese accent (because polish phonetics are very similar to japanese) and I can imitate more japanese voices than in polish O_o.But my biggest and worst problem is english.I can't adapt any good accent.I do speak english but with bad shitty polish accent,and recently after watching TAS I got hell many ideas...
My only best voice in all languages is hotline woman xD

Y know I found some friends who actually want to help me and they will voice my english parodies but sometimes they don't have time to do it quick.That's the problem.And I live in host house where I can't shout or speak like stupid as I'm 20 year old -_-^
Old 05-04-2009

i could make an abridged series. i can do voice acting, is good at writing, ;love, comedy, etc etc. but one thing: I CANT WRITE HUMOR!!! im very random all the time,making almost evey1 laugh almost every moment of the day, but i just cant write humor.. neh...