This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2008

what do you guys think about it because in my opinion it's a good show
Old 07-05-2008

Oh crap, you did not just ask me about NCIS...please tell me the title of this post is not NCIS...I'm going to look away, and when I look back, that title is not going to say NCIS...Damnit, it still says NCIS!

I was hopefully about to go to bed, but now that I've seen this thread I have to go off about this television show...just remember, you're the one who asked.

In your opinion it may be a good show, but I muyst argue, it is not by any means a decent program...then again, most shows aren't, but NCIS is exceptionally annoying.

I'm not going to criticize the plots of the episodes, because I don't think we have to get there. I'm not even going to criticize the drama, because I don't have high standards for television drama (which I rarely watch anyway)..but what gets me above anything else is the damn CHARACTERS (that's in all capitals to make sure you see it, and is not an exclamation).

I tell you, it's as though the writers intentionally go as far out of their way to make the characters as cute, and charming, and funny, and quirky, and appealing, and silly, and attractive, be it through their charisma or dorkiness, depending on the character, and...did I mention cute and funny? But it doesn't work, because they all come off as poorly constructed hollow, two dimensional products of a substandard writing team, who spend all day standing around trying to make themselves look cute, and funny, and appealing in a dorky and modest way for a television audience...honestly, you can count the jokes. It's not even as though there are moments that are supposed to be funny, but there are actual jokes in the script. And you can count the beats that are put in as pauses for the laughter which is assumed to be coming from the audience. But the jokes aren't even funny. And they take away any credibility the show might have as a drama...which probaly wouldn't be much to begin with.

Here's a rule of thumb for writing humor...if a character is going to say something funny, it shouldn't be funny to the other characters. That is, if a character says something the audience may find humorous, the other characters should ignore it, and it may be funny. But if the other characters stand around and laugh, it ceases to be funny, and it ends up becoming a group of people acting like jackasses (I wish I could search YouTube for a good clip to use as an example, but I'm not going to right now...but if you watch the show you'll see what I mean). And on top of that, the "jokes" aren't even well written, and the characters aren't believable, so I guess if wouldn't be funny even if the humor was treated professionally.

So, while you may think it's a good show, I have to very strongly disagree...which probably isn't very nice of me, but I find it really annoying. You can go ahead and enjoy it though, don't let me stop you (or you could watch something else, don't let me stop you from that either).
Old 07-05-2008

YOU'RE DEAD WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2008

I DISAGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2008

Would you stop trolling?
Old 07-05-2008

(in asian voice) You no quiet, me no give you 5 dolla!!!!
Old 07-05-2008

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

I like NCIS a lot.
Old 03-05-2009

Location: Pennsylvania: There is no amount of therapy that would make it okay.
Blurb: Siempre contigo quiero estar. :D
Send a message via AIM to beatlesgirl95

NCIS is to cool for you! Magee is the best and Abby is super special awesome!
Old 11-20-2010

Blurb: urban

NCIS is based on investigations in navy and this is my favorite show. i am a regular viewer of this show and i have a big collection of it. I had its all episodes till season 7 and now i decided to download NCIS episodes of season 8 also.
Old 02-06-2011

I have to say, I am also of the opinion that NCIS is a terrible show, and for much the same reason. The character almost entirely one-dimensional, and their interactions are so forced it's ridiculous. I could go off on it for a while, but I feel like I'd just be echoing the second post. I do recommend reading this though: http://spoonyexperiment.com/ncis/ It's a write-up from The Spoony One that points out a lot of flaws in the show.

Anyway, if you enjoy the show, then whatever - to each his own. But I personally can't stand it.
Old 03-14-2011

Send a message via AIM to A. E. Stover

I'm a sap who likes this show for its two-dimensional characters and the horrible jokes and banter between the characters.

And the autopsies. I love the autopsies. That's not weird, is it? I don't think it is.
Old 06-13-2011

I am out of the show ages ago.